Just got this set for my Giro helmet the other day. I previously had the motorola set (that looked like princess Leia buns) and they were nice, but didn't have the sound quality, and couldn't support both music and phone without dropouts. Now these are less obtrusive, and sound great - music is corded only, but a small price to pay for the sound. Problem is, although I can pair with the BB curve, and place calls and end calls with the button, I can't hear the call. My voice goes through, but no audio.

Has anyone else tried this product and have had the same results? or is it my equipment? And BTW, this is the second set I've tried.

thanks,
    mike
    11-13-08 04:14 PM
    bumping - now that a few more people may own the thing for the season...Anyone?
    12-18-08 01:07 PM
    i have never tried what your using, but, all the other scull candy stuff is crap, some of the worst audio quality of any headphones
    12-18-08 02:19 PM
    well, the motorola that I had before actually had much worse quality IMO. In fact, I was genuinely impressed with the quality of the skullcandy helmet phones via my ipod, which is why I'm still trying to get this to work with my 8300 for voice...but if your point is 'skullcandy is crap', yeah if you measure them by how their product holds up to what they advertise
    12-18-08 03:30 PM
    Well I just got one of these for Xmas and have a 8300 curve. Same result at first, but I got it working (sort-of) and hope this helps. After looking closely at Page 5. I noticed that the 2.5mm jack (blue connector) is for the music input and the Grey is the output to headphones. I had this wired up backwards and while the mic and music worked I would get no BT generated sounds. After reversing this, all works as planned. (The cables seemed slightly off but it works.) The one issue I have is I can't use the Curve as your music source and phone. This is a limitation of my 8300 and not the Skull Candy device. The voice dialing doesn't play to the headset when something is plugged into the headphone jack. I have the same problem with my BT platronics. Maybe this is fixed in the 8310. Hope this fixes your issues.
    12-25-08 05:24 PM
    I am successfully using the Skullcandy Bluetooth system with my BB 9000 Bold. It works quite well, but when the phone rings (or when you make a phone call) I cannot just switch between the music and the phone by pushing the Skullcandy botton. Actually I need to fetch the BB press the menu key and chose HEADSET, then it switches well, but it is a bit of a drag to have to fetch the phone out of the pocet. I had hoped that function was automatic. I am not sure if tis isn't a fault of the BB and not the Skullcandy??

When the phonecall finishes it does automatically switch backto playing music. I.e. as long as the other party hangs up your phone will switch back automatically.
    I do find the Skullcandy equipment a bit flimsy and I have experiences some problems with the connectors not working correctly.
    01-18-09 06:42 PM
    I have a BB Storm and Giro Tuneups Bluetooth. Ipod works great. Sync with BB is fine. The only problem is I can't hear anything from the BB through the headset. Any ideas? Verizon and Giro were not helpful.

Richard
    12-31-09 07:10 AM
    Just reversed the cables and everything works great.
    12-31-09 07:14 AM
    I have the same problems...no audio from the bluetooth in the headset....i have my music being sent to it via a dongle on my ipod with bluetooth but the cell phone i get no audio... nor does it ring when a call is comming through...pretty much everything haveing to do with the phone features don't work... the buttons answer and hang up and switch back to music the mic on the headphones even work but nothing else...anyone got anything to try?
    01-08-10 04:57 PM
    I used to use the included Blackberry ear buds with the mic and that would let me use the Berry for both phone and music. Then I went and bought some giro ear pieces to go in my helmet because ear buds were no fun and I liked having an external thumbwheel to control the music volume so I could crank it as I'm boarding down the slopes but turn it way down for conversations on the chair on the ride back up. But now, I need to take the blackberry out of my nice warm coat (which helps with the battery life) to answer the phone - IF I can hear it over the music.

Doesn't anyone make a set of (bluetooth would be nice to get rid of the cables) earphones with both phone and multimedia capabilities with a remote volume control? I don't want to buy an iPod just to listen to music. I like my torch just fine for that. Thanks.
    01-27-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD