Go for -
    iOS - When you want ecosystem, customer-software support, premium feel, quality camera, lagfree UI, don't mind paying huge price
    BB10 - Don't want google(lol), like gestures more, don't mind a locked out OS, don't mind bad app support(Android ports are senseless, if want android apps, get android), slightly more secure

As simple as that.
    04-11-14 03:56 AM
    They either fixed it or it was citibank and not chase.
    Brilliant

You don't even know what website you're complaining about.
    04-11-14 04:16 AM
    I moved on from ios so firstly your post is nonsense the DROID store rivals apple. Secondly the battery life is ****. Per mah is redundant excuse for saying the battery is small. Thirdly the os is dumb-down. Ever tried attaching a document while writing an email? Multiple docs? That's just a tip of it. You aren't even allowed to properly manage your music unless you plug it into a pc. Os wise, iphones are kinda on the back foot

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    Are you seriously complaining about iPhone battery life from your Z10? How ironic. Lol.

Well if you don't have a Mac I suppose that's that you have to do to manage music, but how do you do it on your BlackBerry? I can't even buy music officially where I am, so I have to get them all from my computer. On top of that, BlackBerry Link doesn't even work... Apple is known for its amazing ecosystem, automatic synching between all devices. Not sure where you got the idea that BlackBerry was better in that respect.

Each platform has pluses and minuses but you're naming all the wrong ones lol. iOS might not be your personal preference, but it's certainly not on the back foot. It's promoted as the most advanced mobile operating system, and there is substance behind that claim.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-11-14 04:30 AM
    snip Os wise, iphones are kinda on the back foot ...
    500 million reasons why it doesn't matter
    04-11-14 05:33 AM
    Please explain what makes the browser so much better? In my experience, the browser in iPhone is painful to use. BlackBerry 10 browser supports so much more, loads faster, and has a reader mode AND desktop mode.
    Desktop mode has to be one of the greatest features too. I was on the phone with chase because I accidently locked myself out of my united card. I needed to buy tickets asap before they sold out. But unfortunately I was away from a computer and the guy CS rep gave me a website to reset my password. I told him to hang on to put him on speaker phone so I could use my BlackBerry and he then informs me it has to be from a computer because the site doesn't support mobile. He would NOT stop repeating this until I asked him to please be quiet while I changed my password. The Desktop mode allowed me to change the password and then I politely explained to him that the BlackBerry 10 browser has a way to trick sites into thinking it's a desktop and load full we pages. He got all upity and was like oh well if you can do it then great. Need anything else? Maybe he was an iPhone fanboy/blackberry hater and got mad my BlackBerry did something his phone couldn't. I don't know. BlackBerry's browser is not a weak point and neither is the Z30's battery. Period. I can get 2 days off it when I'm at home on wifi over the weekend and I'll be browsing and chatting and video calling. But there is also 10 hours of sleep involved in there haha.

Posted via CB10
    Does safari not have desktop mode?

Nearly all browsers have desktop mode. All third party browsers did on iOS had it when I used it 3+ years ago. I hated safari so used other browsers.
    04-11-14 05:47 AM
    Yes "catchy" gimmicks does sell all the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 05:56 AM
    Is this some type of joke. The Z30 has the best battery life of any smartphone on the market today. Where did find this bull**** stats. You have to he kidding me. A Z30 can go 2 days without a charge. No iPhone or Samsung can do that. Lol!

Posted by my awesome Z10
    Are people missing the point completely? It was specifically mentioned that it has poor battery life when browsing, not it's normal stand by life and general use. AMOLED screens use more battery, added in data being constantly used it kills the battery life.

iPhones are really good at this, whether you like it or not. Even with probably the smallest battery on the market. Imagine what the iphone would get if you gave it a 2800mAh battery?
    3Dee and Sergiu1337 like this.
    04-11-14 06:00 AM
    Yet again battle of Operating Systems. I have used BlackBerry 10 OS for 2 months and it has it's own pros and cons the way iOS has. Just go with your preference and do not try to defend or justify your choice as it might differ from others. Like in my case, I was over-whelmed with BB 10 however after few months, I jumped back to my reliable iPhone 5 which "just" works!

Enjoy and have a great weekend!
    Yup.

Each platform has strengths and weaknesses.

Earlier this week I forgot my Q10 on my kitchen counter. I did everything I needed to do the entire day using my iPhone 5s with absolutely no problem. Sent emails, sent attachments, used BBM, made appointments, cancelled appointments, browsed, FB, Pinterest, used the phone....no, the world did not end.

Seriously, people, it's a matter of preference. ALL three platforms do what I want. Each a bit different but each does the job nonetheless.

Oh...on the battery, I routinely go one full day on my iPhone without batting an eye.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    BoldAlways and mspace81 like this.
    04-11-14 06:03 AM
    .... Yes, it�s another of those threads....
    04-11-14 06:05 AM
    .... Yes, it�s another of those threads....
    .....too early for popcorn though...

BoldAlways likes this.
    04-11-14 06:08 AM
    It�s mid day here. Not too yearly
    04-11-14 06:10 AM

Seriously, people, it's a matter of preference. ALL three platforms do what I want. Each a bit different but each does the job nonetheless.

I love my BB�s but i DO agree absolutely on that.
    04-11-14 06:15 AM
    Apparently we must believe gsmarena and take them for their word because the trolls above us demand it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Quit calling people trolls. Its against the rules!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bekkay and Acidwire like this.
    04-11-14 07:03 AM
    Yup.

Earlier this week I forgot my Q10 on my kitchen counter. I did everything I needed to do the entire day using my iPhone 5s with absolutely no problem. Sent emails, sent attachments, used BBM, made appointments, cancelled appointments, browsed, FB, Pinterest, used the phone....no, the world did not end.

Oh...on the battery, I routinely go one full day on my iPhone without batting an eye.

But I bet you had to recharge your iPhone 6 times during the day. Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-11-14 07:05 AM
    Quit calling people trolls. Its against the rules!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    The filter also seems to be working overtime.

Guys, if you must resort to insults and filtered language you must not have much of an argument.

TgeekB, reeneebob and Rello like this.
    04-11-14 07:12 AM
    Oh good lord, not this again.

*facepalm*
    TgeekB, mspace81 and bekkay like this.
    04-11-14 07:15 AM
    Yup.

Last night I got home from work and my iPhone was at 77%.

That was at 7 pm. I'd taken it off charger at 11...PM THE NIGHT BEFORE.

Yeah, I'll join you in the "iPhone battery sucks rawer rawr rawr" disagreement corner. We have cookies.
    04-11-14 07:22 AM
    Last night I got home from work and my iPhone was at 77%.

That was at 7 pm. I'd taken it off charger at 11...PM THE NIGHT BEFORE.

Yeah, I'll join you in the "iPhone battery sucks rawer rawr rawr" disagreement corner. We have cookies.
    Chocolate chip?
    04-11-14 07:25 AM
    Chocolate chip?
    I go all out...peanut butter with double chocolate chips.
    04-11-14 07:27 AM
    I go all out...peanut butter with double chocolate chips.
    Wow! I'm so there.
    04-11-14 07:28 AM
    Getting back to "gimmicks sell"...

I suppose a gimmick is any feature that is initially attractive but turns out to be seldom used or valued. It's hard to say just which features of which platforms are gimmicks. I'd call the air gestures on my S4 gimmicks. After playing with them for a bit, I turned them off and have never used them again. But they had nothing to do with my buying it in the first place either. And for all I know, a lot of people may use them routinely.

Some people call the iPhone fingerprint sensor a gimmick, but I don't. I think it adds real value to the device for a lot of people. A friend of mine loves it even though about half the time it takes him several tries to get it to work. If I manage to save enough acorns for a Z30, I'm sure I'll use picture password. I think it's a useful and secure way to unlock the device, not a gimmick.

I tend to think of NFC as a gimmick, but I haven't really tried to take advantage of it. I could just be missing out. When I first tried Swype on Android, I thought it was a gimmick; now I think it's an important breakthrough in text entry technology.
    mspace81 likes this.
    04-11-14 07:32 AM

I suppose a gimmick is any feature that is initially attractive but turns out to be seldom used or valued. It's hard to say just which features of which platforms are gimmicks. I'd call the air gestures on my S4 gimmicks. After playing with them for a bit, I turned them off and have never used them again. But they had nothing to do with my buying it in the first place either. And for all I know, a lot of people may use them routinely.

Some people call the iPhone fingerprint sensor a gimmick, but I don't. I think it adds real value to the device for a lot of people. A friend of mine loves it even though about half the time it takes him several tries to get it to work. If I manage to save enough acorns for a Z30, I'm sure I'll use picture password. I think it's a useful and secure way to unlock the device, not a gimmick.

I tend to think of NFC as a gimmick, but I haven't really tried to take advantage of it. I could just be missing out. When I first tried Swype on Android, I thought it was a gimmick; now I think it's an important breakthrough in text entry technology.
    It's why I stopped buying Samsung...Touchwiz and plastic. I turned off all those gestures except for smartstay. Battery killers. But for some, they AREN'T gimmicks at all and that's okay.

I prefer HTC to Samsung because of build and Sense. Is Blinkfeed a gimmick? Sure, for some. I happen to use and love it.

Is peek and flow a gimmick? Sure...to some. I loved it on my Z10.

It's okay to admit good AND bad in multiple platforms. Liking one doesn't mean one must rabidly attack all others.
    04-11-14 07:37 AM

So gimmicks, on any platform, are user defined. You may use a certain feature on your phone where I don't on the exact same phone.

This all goes back to having more features on a phone so people have choice argument. I feel choice is good.
    04-11-14 07:38 AM
    Gimmicks like the ****ty bb10 keyboard
    04-11-14 08:04 AM
    Well marketed Gimmicks (or true features) sell.....

If no one really knows about it, they sure aren't going to buy it. Especially if your "brand" has become tarnished and is associated with being old and out of date.

As to battery life, I own a Z10 apparently not the version that gets the 18 hours of use that some have the privilege of owning. Mine has a bug that only allows me to get about 8 hours or so with normal usage.
    Rello likes this.
    04-11-14 08:32 AM
195 12345 ...