... here is the proof:

It happens damn often

Posted via CB10
    Started with 2, ended with 2... am I missing something? Just tried on my z10... still nothing happened..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:02 PM
    Interesting point...

For quite some time, Siri was considered a gimmick on these forums. And yet now there's a thread on this very forum nearly as popular as this thread, which discusses naming BB's version of Sir.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    I consider siri a gimmick.. Damn useful one such as fingerprint scanner or picture password lol

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:05 PM
    My z10 does and I've compared before

Posted via CB10
    I've compared both too and the moto x edges it for me. This a case of opinion though and if you prefer the bb10 browser for YouTube so be it. We can argue all day long or agree that the quality of either is different for each individual
    Just because I prefer the moto x app does not mean I think the bb10 browser is bad. I just want to add that. The bb10 browser is good.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-15-14 06:22 PM
    R u outta your mind?? BB10 browser kicks safary in the nuts big time.

Posted via CB10
    Safari is one of the worst browsers I have used I have to say.
    Just my opinion on it but I avoid it where I can

04-15-14 06:23 PM
    I've compared both too and the moto x edges it for me. This a case of opinion though and if you prefer the bb10 browser for YouTube so be it. We can argue all day long or agree that the quality of either is different for each individual
    Just because I prefer the moto x app does not mean I think the bb10 browser is bad. I just want to add that. The bb10 browser is good.

Agree to disagree indeed. Also I suppose depends on network and such. Anyways the moto X or the HTC is my backup or say fallback plan if.bb goes under

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:44 PM

I used safari as well and can't even believe it's in the discussion. Chrome yes, firefox decent, opera decent.. safari?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:45 PM

+1000 previous ios user and android user as well can't stand safari the better name for it is what can it actually do. Can't do flash, constantly crashes, too many tabs is a problem what good can it actually do lol worst browser of any mobile device ever made.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-15-14 07:23 PM
    Hmm invalid? Because you say so? Lol I've gone to stores and tested my browser against the phones there... still nothing beats bb10 browser

Posted via CB10
    Anecdotal and the fact that store models are often poor representatives of the real product make your claim invalid. We all know floor models of any phone are often laggy POS's.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-15-14 08:11 PM
    "Z30 has pathetic battery life", good one.

Posted via CB10
    No, stop the selective reading. He said the Z30 has "pathetic battery life when browsing" which was then backed up by GSMArena test results.

It's easily possible that it's battery life is dire when browsing, it's an absolute killer on the battery.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-15-14 08:37 PM
    Anecdotal and the fact that store models are often poor representatives of the real product make your claim invalid. We all know floor models of any phone are often laggy POS's.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Idk the store model was running a z10 10.1... what's the argument?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:04 PM
    Started with 2, ended with 2... am I missing something? Just tried on my z10... still nothing happened..

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I had a mistake in my message. I mean removed from memory, not closed permanently. As can be seen in the video, it reloads when I switch to the inactive tab. And that happen so much that is annoying and you cannot rely on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:59 AM
    +1000 previous ios user and android user as well can't stand safari the better name for it is what can it actually do. Can't do flash, constantly crashes, too many tabs is a problem what good can it actually do lol worst browser of any mobile device ever made.
    What iphone? I still have the iphone 5 (ios 7.1) and for me the browser experience is better than on z10. Better because smoother rendering and better memory management (+ other things i've already mentioned). Plus it doesn't heat the phone as the browser on z10. It operates cooler. Yes, it happens to crash but rarely. Flash is nice to have, but I want also a pleasant experience when browsing
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 04-16-14 at 02:37 AM.
    04-16-14 02:01 AM
    What iphone? I still have the iphone 5 (ios 7.1) and for me the browser experience is better than on z10. Better because smoother rendering and better memory management (+ other things i've already mentioned). Plus it doesn't heat the phone as the browser on z10. It operates cooler. Yes, it happens to crash but rarely. Flash is nice to have, but I want also a pleasant experience when browsing
    - compatibility
    - load times
    - the ability to download whatever I want
    - simply smooth and fast enough with rendering and scrolling

For me the BB10 browser kills the iPhone browser. To sum up the iPhone browser experience it's like "I'm super smooth at doing nothing".
    04-16-14 05:01 AM
    A chisel, laying in the table, does nothing. In a sculptor's hand, it creates art. A hammer, laying at the bottom of a drawer, does nothing. In a carpenter's fans it helps build a house.

Don't blame an object for a user's lack of vision or imagination.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    04-16-14 06:05 AM
    - compatibility
    - load times
    - the ability to download whatever I want
    - simply smooth and fast enough with rendering and scrolling

For me the BB10 browser kills the iPhone browser. To sum up the iPhone browser experience it's like "I'm super smooth at doing nothing".
    Safari browser (iphone 5 iOS 7.1) is faster, starting from app load times, typing in address bar (when searching in history and suggestions), fast swipe for back and forward to pages loading times. Also it smoother when scrolling and when rendering on heavy sites.
    The thing is I speak from my own experience. I have both devices right in front of me!

It's not all the times you need to download something.
    BB10 browser beats Safari in: flexibility over downloads, Desktop mode, Adobe flash. Otherwise Safari, unfortunately, offers an overall better experience in terms of performance.

In the few weeks I use my Z10 as my main phone, I simply don't have that joy of using the web browser anymore, it reminds me of days with Galaxy S2 browser. I've used the iphone 5 for more than a year. Some of the browser limitations were solved by jailbreaking the device (custom user agent, download manager).

So, your statement "I'm super smooth at doing nothing" makes me wondering if you actually used iOS 7 on at least an iphone 5.

The HTML5 development exploded on mobile, heck even most of the video sites are HTML5 and not flash-based. So I guess this means "nothing" for you!

--
    Also, if you look at the video I've posted a few posts ago, you will see the smooth scrolling NOT on CB site (topics list page) and how versatile is the BB10 browser by taking inactive tabs out from memory if you multitask, even light multitasking (and yeah, had enough free memory)
    04-16-14 07:34 AM
    Ah, I had a mistake in my message. I mean removed from memory, not closed permanently. As can be seen in the video, it reloads when I switch to the inactive tab. And that happen so much that is annoying and you cannot rely on it.

Posted via CB10
    I've actually tried that and it doesn't do such. I've opened upwards of 30 tabs to try it. Idk how I can make a video but I'd appreciate giving me a tip so I can prove it

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:17 AM
    Safari browser (iphone 5 iOS 7.1) is faster, starting from app load times, typing in address bar (when searching in history and suggestions), fast swipe for back and forward to pages loading times. Also it smoother when scrolling and when rendering on heavy sites.
    The thing is I speak from my own experience. I have both devices right in front of me!

It's not all the times you need to download something.
    BB10 browser beats Safari in: flexibility over downloads, Desktop mode, Adobe flash. Otherwise Safari, unfortunately, offers an overall better experience in terms of performance.

In the few weeks I use my Z10 as my main phone, I simply don't have that joy of using the web browser anymore, it reminds me of days with Galaxy S2 browser. I've used the iphone 5 for more than a year. Some of the browser limitations were solved by jailbreaking the device (custom user agent, download manager).

So, your statement "I'm super smooth at doing nothing" makes me wondering if you actually used iOS 7 on at least an iphone 5.

The HTML5 development exploded on mobile, heck even most of the video sites are HTML5 and not flash-based. So I guess this means "nothing" for you!

--
    Also, if you look at the video I've posted a few posts ago, you will see the smooth scrolling NOT on CB site (topics list page) and how versatile is the BB10 browser by taking inactive tabs out from memory if you multitask, even light multitasking (and yeah, had enough free memory)
    Lol mate you are grasping for straws..when I stream European soccer or tv shows.. safari is useless. Some sites have more functionality in their desktop mode and safari is useless with that as well.. if im not wrong only chrome has a higher html score than bb10? Which btw is built on webkit.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:21 AM
    Safari browser (iphone 5 iOS 7.1) is faster, starting from app load times
    I absolutely don't care about how fast the app loads as long as it's ready within 2 seconds.

typing in address bar (when searching in history and suggestions)
    What does this even mean? The Z10 browser updates the suggestions when typing in the adress bar within a nanosecond!?

fast swipe for back and forward
    Wat?

pages loading times
    Hm I don't think so.

Also it smoother when scrolling and when rendering on heavy sites.
    Yeah, you already said that like a 1,000 times. As I said, for me the BB10 browser is by far smooth enough at both tasks. So being even smoother doesn't make up for the shortcomings.

I simply don't have that joy of using the web browser anymore, it reminds me of days with Galaxy S2 browser.
    I like browsing on my Z10 better than on my Nexus 7 (2013) actually.

Some of the browser limitations were solved by jailbreaking the device (custom user agent, download manager).

Jailbreaking a phone to make it somewhat useful can't be the solution.

Last time I checked the BB10 browser was the most HTML5 compatible mobile browser on the market, even beating most desktop browsers, not even to mention Safari. I love HTML5 sites on the Z10.

I don't have enough bandwith currently, but anyway, why would I watch a video if I'm a user of that phone for over a year? What OS version does that Z10 run?

Occassionally I too experienced the browser reloading inactive tabs after some time if you reopen them, but nothing really noteworthy in my book.

Bottom line is that whenever I lay hands on friends and colleagues iPhones (5 and 5S with indeed 7.1) the browsing experience nothing but sucks, beginning with slow to NO load times compared to my Z10 if proper reception is lacking. So no thanks.
    04-16-14 10:54 AM
    I absolutely don't care about how fast the app loads as long as it's ready within 2 seconds.

What does this even mean? The Z10 browser updates the suggestions when typing in the adress bar within a nanosecond!?

Wat?

Hm I don't think so.

Yeah, you already said that like a 1,000 times. As I said, for me the BB10 browser is by far smooth enough at both tasks. So being even smoother doesn't make up for the shortcomings.

I like browsing on my Z10 better than on my Nexus 7 (2013) actually.

Jailbreaking a phone to make it somewhat useful can't be the solution.

Last time I checked the BB10 browser was the most HTML5 compatible mobile browser on the market, even beating most desktop browsers, not even to mention Safari. I love HTML5 sites on the Z10.

I don't have enough bandwith currently, but anyway, why would I watch a video if I'm a user of that phone for over a year? What OS version does that Z10 run?

Occassionally I too experienced the browser reloading inactive tabs after some time if you reopen them, but nothing really noteworthy in my book.

Bottom line is that whenever I lay hands on friends and colleagues iPhones (5 and 5S with indeed 7.1) the browsing experience nothing but sucks, beginning with slow to NO load times compared to my Z10 if proper reception is lacking. So no thanks.
    Both browsers work fine but to hit on a couple of points you made:

Safari is smoother and renders a lot of pages better than BB10.

On Safari going back and forth on web pages is much better. Instead of clicking the little button to go back on BB10 or clicking the dots and then clicking forward, on iOS 7 all you do is swipe the screen backwards or swipe it forwards. If it was the opposite you'd hear about how the different presses of the screen to go backwards and forwards are archaic and that swiping to go back and forth is he only way to do it.

Reader mode is also implemented better on iOS. Any web page that is optimized for reader mode on iOS automatically shows in the browser bar instead of having to click twice to get to the reader mode on BB10.

Load times are a mixed bag. Some sites are quicker on the iPhone and some are quicker on BB10 (but at least for me the difference is negligible.)

I will say that desktop mode is very nice in BB10 as well as flash. I rarely use flash because it murders the battery but they are nice features to have if a site needs flash to run. I use these features on Android as well and they are nice to have.

I also think BB10 displays history better and how it's clearable right from the browser and that it has the ability to download things as well.

Tabs are better implemented in iOS and so is browsing in private mode as it's much easier to get to on iOS, unlike BB10 where you have to go to settings to enable it in safari you just click the tabs button and can enable private browsing instantly or turn it off instantly instead of having to go into the browser settings every time.

A nice thing about iOS is that it syncs your bookmarks across all devices, which to my knowledge isn't something the BB10
    Browser can do. It also allows you to read a web page on your phone and then go to your computer or ipad and pick up where you left off. I also like how you can add to reading list on safari and that it can save any page for offline viewing whenever you want and that also syncs across your devices.

I guess my point is that both have their strengths but dismissing iOS as garbage isn't close to being accurate. It is the same as me saying "The BB10 browser is junk," which simply isn't true.
    04-16-14 11:24 AM
    I've actually tried that and it doesn't do such. I've opened upwards of 30 tabs to try it. Idk how I can make a video but I'd appreciate giving me a tip so I can prove it
    I'm using Screen&Audio Recorder to mp4. It's 0.99$ but worth the price. What I like about it it's that it records very smoothly!

Lol mate you are grasping for straws..when I stream European soccer or tv shows.. safari is useless. Some sites have more functionality in their desktop mode and safari is useless with that as well.. if im not wrong only chrome has a higher html score than bb10? Which btw is built on webkit.
    I know there are sites that are still using flash for videos.. That's why I've said "most" vs "all".

Wat?
    Actually this is a problem with the whole OS, the apps loads kinda slow in comparison to competition. (I'm talking about native ones, Android apps load times are depressing)
    Right before posting, I've tested same sites on both phones (iphone 5 with iOS 7.1 and z10), and the pages loaded faster on iphone 5, but just a little (insignificantly) faster. Same wifi network, same site version.
    My OS version is 10.2.1.2141.

The suggestions list populates faster on iOS, though you don't have words color completion.

---
    @donnation well said! Something worth to mention is that the page DOESN'T RELOAD when you slide for back/forward, even if the page has no cache headers. That's what I loved about instant back, just like Opera Mini does.
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 04-16-14 at 01:01 PM.
    04-16-14 12:33 PM
195 ... 678