You all aren't changing my minds on this.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:50 AM
    @spikesolie, with the z10 (1800mah) I get less battery life than with the iphone 5(1440mah). Also, if you look on gsmarena battery tests, you will see that even blackberry z30 (2880mah) has pathetic battery life when browsing. This aspect is important for me, and so far I haven't got a better web browsing experience on any other platform (android 2, 4, 4.3, etc, bb10).

Regarding e-mail attachments, yes it is akward. You have to copy paste the text, go to the app and send the file.. I had the phone jailbroken and installed a tweak that allowed me to attach any files in the email client. But, yeah, stock it's no near BlackBerry Hub.

In-app performance is generally better on ios than on android, heck even on Google's Youtube app. It doesn't matter 100000000000 no of apps.. it matters the quality of the few important apps. There are a lot of junk in ALL stores, including BBW.

Posted via CB10
    R u outta your mind?? BB10 browser kicks safary in the nuts big time.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:55 AM
    Wtf does this even mean.... outperform at what...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    My Z10 outperforms every Youtube app I,ve compared it with using only the browser. How is that? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:03 AM
    My vote for a gimmick -- i.e., a feature that is mostly hype but adds little or no real value -- would be the ever-increasing megapixels in smartphone cameras, without corresponding enhancements in optics. This doesn't apply to the better Nokia devices, which really do have better optics.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-14-14 11:44 AM
    Would you please explain the difference between a gimmick and a feature? For example, if adding something new to something that worked before without it, would you then say that BB10 is a gimmmick? BBOS worked fine, although arguably slower, BBOS had more functionalities that did not cross over to BB10; gestures are certainly a rarity rather than the norm so there is novelty surrounding the use of gestures, WebOS nothwithstanding.

See, just because something is added that is new does not automatically make it a gimmick. BB10 detractors could consider gestures gimmicky whereas fans could consider it innovative. So again, it's entirely subjective. One person's "gimmick" could be another's feature. To me, Touch ID is a convenient feature. I haven't tried Picture Password so right now I see it as a gimmick. Some people might consider using two apps at the same time on the same screen a gimmick, I find it terribly useful.

I would argue that "gimmick" is a dismissive word for a feature that the speaker doesn't like or hasn't tried, or one that is found in the competition's devices.

To me, it's subjective. To you, it's a hard fast rule.

Subjective. Perspective.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    This I agree with. One man's feature is another man's gimmick.
    It's nice to have the choice to use it though

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-14-14 02:01 PM
    My Z10 outperforms every Youtube app I,ve compared it with using only the browser. How is that? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Funny my z10 does not outperform my YouTube app on the moto x

04-14-14 02:02 PM
    Funny my z10 does not outperform my YouTube app on the moto x

My z10 does and I've compared before

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 03:59 PM
    My z10 does and I've compared before

Posted via CB10
    There is no YouTube app for BlackBerry 10 so....

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-14-14 04:01 PM
    So if his iPhone shows 3 hrs of usage and 48 hrs overall, yeah, I assume that phone was just laying around receiving messages, barely actively used.
    Actually I've used it for about an hour, i've played a game for about 30 mins. Also updated some apps and games (more than 1gig data transferred). I had background data enabled (for gmail, weather and 2-3 more apps I can't remember), now I've disabled it since I don't use the iphone as my main phone (at least for now).

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:17 PM
    R u outta your mind?? BB10 browser kicks safary in the nuts big time.
    Bro, what do you smoke?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:22 PM
    Bro, what do you smoke?

Posted via CB10
    What do you smoke?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:46 PM
    iOS browser effin trash. Get Firefox or Chrome on it for gawd sake!

My mom has an iPhone, both my sisters have iPhone and my dad has iPhone. It's 4, 5s, 4 and 5 respectively. The browser should be better than its current state.

I don't try to convert them to BlackBerry because it's their money. They can buy what ever they prefer because they're paying for it just like I paid for my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:59 PM
    There is no YouTube app for BlackBerry 10 so....

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Umm I meant with other phones Smh... the comparison wasn't for apps

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    And even if....both FastTube and SuperTube are pretty much full fledged native YT apps and I like those much more than the official YT app on my N7...
    04-15-14 12:28 AM
    iOS browser effin trash. Get Firefox or Chrome on it for gawd sake!

My mom has an iPhone, both my sisters have iPhone and my dad has iPhone. It's 4, 5s, 4 and 5 respectively. The browser should be better than its current state.

I don't try to convert them to BlackBerry because it's their money. They can buy what ever they prefer because they're paying for it just like I paid for my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but why it's trash? It's smoother (on scroll and render, especially with medium-heavy pages, for eg you can test with cb topics list), instant back and forward (doesn't reload the page, even if no cache headers), doesn't lose history per tab on browser close, does keep the inactive tabs in memory more, it has in-browser documents view (and if you want you can download the file in any app compatible with the format), smoother UI (when typing new address/query, etc). I prefer stock browser because the app loads way faster and feels more robust.
    BlackBerry browser has its positive parts: adobe flash, desktop mode (still hope it will be moved in overflow menu for fast switching between mobile and desktop user agent), open file system with download manager.

The first time i've tested z10's browser, after using iphone 5 for more then a year (I've used the browser heavily), I was disappointed : I was expected a super smooth experience (after so much praise by many crackberry BlackBerry bfb), at least on par with iphone 5 safari browser.. but well.. the fact is I use the browser less on bb10. It's frustrating to have most of the time when I switch to another app the inactive tabs removed from memory, so the sites had to reload when switching to the tabs (and don't have too many opened: 2-4). Plus the worse scroll and render performance (again, not on all pages)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 04-16-14 at 02:03 AM.
    04-15-14 01:47 AM
    Folks!!! Gimmicks are the new way of selling and/or promoting a product(s) and that's just the way it is. To me it's about personal choice and what fits you daily needs.

I have used the iPhone (all models), Android and several BlackBerry devices over the years and they all have their good and bad points. I don't use my device to play games, watch movies or as a digital SLR.

I use mine for my emails, messaging and social apps (Facebook & Twitter) and most importantly as a phone. For me the BlackBerry and OS10 work perfectly for my daily needs and in the end, that's all that counts.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    Last edited by bakron1; 04-15-14 at 06:42 AM.
    04-15-14 04:14 AM
    Sorry, but why it's trash? It's smoother (on scroll and render, especially with medium-heavy pages, for eg you can test with cb topics list), instant back and forward (doesn't reload the page, even if no cache headers), doesn't lose history per tab on browser close, does keep the inactive tabs in memory more, it has in-browser documents view (and if you want you can download the file in any app compatible with the format), smoother UI (when typing new address/query, etc). I prefer stock browser because the app loads way faster and feels more robust.
    BlackBerry browser has its positive parts: adobe flash, desktop mode (still hope it will be moved in overflow menu for fast switching between mobile and desktop user agent), open file system with download manager.

The first time i've tested z10's browser, after using iphone 5 for more then a year (I've used the browser heavily), I was disappointed : I was expected a super smooth experience (after so much praise by many crackberry BlackBerry bfb), at least on par with iphone 5 safari browser.. but well.. the fact is I use the browser less on bb10. It's frustrating to have most of the time when I switch to another app the inactive tabs closed (and don't have too many opened: 2-4). Plus the worse scroll and render performance (again, not on all pages)

Posted via CB10
    Inactive tabs close on bb10? Lol I'm almost sure you are making this up! Has anyone ever opened upwards of 20 tabs in their browser? I have and it worked well

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    What?

You said:

My Z10 outperforms every Youtube app I,ve compared it with using only the browser.

You said apps not phones.
    04-15-14 12:03 PM
    @spikesolie, with the z10 (1800mah) I get less battery life than with the iphone 5(1440mah). Also, if you look on gsmarena battery tests, you will see that even blackberry z30 (2880mah) has pathetic battery life when browsing. This aspect is important for me, and so far I haven't got a better web browsing experience on any other platform (android 2, 4, 4.3, etc, bb10).

Regarding e-mail attachments, yes it is akward. You have to copy paste the text, go to the app and send the file.. I had the phone jailbroken and installed a tweak that allowed me to attach any files in the email client. But, yeah, stock it's no near BlackBerry Hub.

In-app performance is generally better on ios than on android, heck even on Google's Youtube app. It doesn't matter 100000000000 no of apps.. it matters the quality of the few important apps. There are a lot of junk in ALL stores, including BBW.

Posted via CB10
    "Z30 has pathetic battery life", good one.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:22 PM
    What?

You said:

You said apps not phones.
    Exactly and the OP was talking about bb10 browser vs YouTube app on motoG. Bro you gotta pay attention a bit more.....

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:46 PM
    Exactly and the OP was talking about bb10 browser vs YouTube app on motoG. Bro you gotta pay attention a bit more.....

Posted via CB10
    There was no mention of a Moto G. It was the Z10 versus the Moto X. It still would be invalid regardless though.
    04-15-14 12:54 PM
    There was no mention of a Moto G. It was the Z10 versus the Moto X. It still would be invalid regardless though.
    Hmm invalid? Because you say so? Lol I've gone to stores and tested my browser against the phones there... still nothing beats bb10 browser

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:44 PM
    Inactive tabs close on bb10? Lol I'm almost sure you are making this up! Has anyone ever opened upwards of 20 tabs in their browser? I have and it worked well
    ... here is the proof:

It happens damn often

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 03:45 PM
    "Z30 has pathetic battery life", good one.
    Have you read the whole post? . If not, why bother?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 03:47 PM
    Interesting point...

For quite some time, Siri was considered a gimmick on these forums. And yet now there's a thread on this very forum nearly as popular as this thread, which discusses naming BB's version of Sir.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-15-14 04:01 PM
195 ... 5678