I have no problem returning things. When my 2 Z10's burned up, they went right back to Koodo. Only the second one got replaced with a competing brand to see if it was more reliable in my work environment. (Farm work, outdoors, farm animals, manure, etc...) my old Curve was as tough as nails. Survived that environment with flying colours.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-11-14 12:16 PM
    Blackberry is the best thing since sliced bread.....

I suggest we take it upon ourselves and each vow to convert 20 people in our circle to buy a Z. if 1 million of us do it - Blackberry will sell 20 million phones. Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Funny thing is, when any of my clients has an iPhone and is at all interested in other phones, they get really impressed with the Z30 once I show them the peak & flow, hub, and desktop-style browsing. Their eyes bug out when they see the picture password too.

BB10's don't sell because people don't know about them. Only reason I did was because I did my own internet snooping on all the current flagship phones before trying them out.

From a Z30
    04-11-14 12:17 PM
    Gimmicks last about a week. Then they get old. Ease of use is important, along with reliability and cost.

Don't overthink it.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah but they sell a lot in that week, then you can move to the next Gimmick. T-Mobile has been having celebs and normal people tweeting about various GS5 features and the countdown to the device. They have been building hype for the past few days.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 01:06 PM
    Gimmicks....someone called Touch ID a gimmick, yet I use this "gimmick" every single time I unlock my phone.

The only time I use the code is if it shuts down, like after an software update.

So this "gimmick" is one I use *constantly.*

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    04-11-14 01:19 PM
    Well, I think picture password is more than a Gimmick itself, it is a very practical way to unlock the device and difficult to someone overlooking to get it, this is for me a real feature more than a gimmick but yes, people see me doing it always say WOW that's cool, and start looking for something like that in their app stores, don't know if they've found something similar or equal.
    04-11-14 01:33 PM
    Not smoking anything. The Z will indeed sell 30 million phones and then 80 and then.... The 2 people I talk to are sick and tired of how cool their Samsung Galaxy S4 is. And they are envious of the Z30. Soon there will be many more.

Is the new iPhone 6 going to be taller? lol

People will comeback to Blackberry once they see the new Z. it's going to be the best entry level phone with security that cannot be cracked by the NSA and CIA and AAA.
    When was the last time BlackBerry sold 30 million of anything? I appreciate your enthusiasm but u obviously aren't living on the same planet as the rest of us....no offense. Not even the most die hard BlackBerry users are gonna agree with u on that outrageous prediction

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:03 PM
    Not smoking anything. The Z will indeed sell 30 million phones and then 80 and then.... The 2 people I talk to are sick and tired of how cool their Samsung Galaxy S4 is. And they are envious of the Z30. Soon there will be many more.

People will comeback to Blackberry once they see the new Z. it's going to be the best entry level phone with security that cannot be cracked by the NSA and CIA and AAA.
    Um......OK. I hope you're right but there is no proof nor trend that points to this happening.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-11-14 02:06 PM

I want to come live with you in fantasy land. The Z30 isn't new anymore and if it was gong to sell it would have. It didn't and BB will move on to hopefully another flagship device that improves on some of its shortcomings which for me are the camera and build quality (awful side buttons).
    04-11-14 02:25 PM
    I want to come live with you in fantasy land. The Z30 isn't new anymore and if it was gong to sell it would have. It didn't and BB will move on to hopefully another flagship device that improves on some of its shortcomings which for me are the camera and build quality (awful side buttons).
    I think he is talking about the Z3. I think it could sell a lot of units if it is priced right - however not even the BlackBerry Pearl sold 30 million units - I think it sold about 15 million or so.
    04-11-14 03:23 PM
    Gimmicks....someone called Touch ID a gimmick, yet I use this "gimmick" every single time I unlock my phone.

The only time I use the code is if it shuts down, like after an software update.

So this "gimmick" is one I use *constantly.*

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    So do I use picture password everyday and I consider it a gimmick.. why? The iPhone has been around for a while and functioned well without it. Would you still be able to lock and unlock your phone without touchid? Yes. That's my definition and why I made this post. It's convenient and efficient but not necessary

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-11-14 03:27 PM
    gimmicks sell? well if thats the case how come the popular gimmick phone HTC who is suppose to be the hottest of the new phones and they just lost 62 million in the first quarter. That tells me something else. That not only do gimmicks not sell they dont help profit either. What you need is a decent base of basic customers. I always like to use the example of a car. So the chevrolet corvette is a nice car and everything thats the one that stands out. Its also a known fact that usually these cars bring in very little profit its the chevrolet cruze with the basic generic packages that really pile up the profits. The gimmick and high performance cars bring inthe customers and the basic phones make the money. Thats why blackberry needs the good solid basic phone which right now appears to b the OS7 phones while the gimmick phone z30 brings in the interest. I always get a kick out of the people that think getting the latest and greatest phone out there will make a company profitable thats just not the case. This brings the hardcore fans in but does little to increase the user base. Thats the dreary cheap phones tha nobody finds interesting. In this case that s the q5 z10 aand the q5 then you need volume on these phones. The gimmick stuff great but the basic phones are really the gold mine.
    04-11-14 04:34 PM
    I think also as phone features become saturated they look for something else to be different. Now smart watches are the new thing. Will they catch on?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-11-14 06:30 PM
    Blackberry has sold 4 million BB10 phones in the last year and half!!!! Multiply that by a conservative 20 you get 80 million phones. Maybe not in a quarter but say over a year.

And then those 80 convert just say 5 people on average showing off the cool email and browser (not to mention the awesome camera); you have 400 million blackberry phones sold.

Think of this - by 2016 there will be more than half a billion Blackberries out there. Easily. We will have overtaken iOS by then.

Yes sir!!!
    That sounds like multi level marketing. Sounds good on paper, in reality not gonna happen within the time frame and the numbers you got. Though I'll be willing to sign up and sponsor you to sell some Amway products
    04-11-14 07:53 PM
    Here we go. Are you serious? He mentions ios has the best battery per mah... wtf does that even matter? the battery is smaller than the one on my bb10. I wasn't complaining about the battery life I was complaining about that statement as its just an excuse for small battery! Please read the rest of the post

Secondly I do not need my laptop to manage my music. If my songs are on Dropbox or any other online site I can just download and organize it. I wasn't talking about file syncing.. again you mistook my point. I was talking about file management.. which in that case I don't even think I should be arguing with you since you are apparently incapable of grasping points

What you promote and what you can do is totally different things. Advanced mobile computing... are we talking media or actual godda*n COMPUTING?

Ok I am TOTALLY confused with this post, because it contradicts nearly EVERYTHING you said in the last one.

HE (whoever that may be) mentions it because it is a valid point. He says that the iPhone has the best battery per mAh, which I totally believe because iOS is a LOT more efficient than BB10. And this is because it is more advanced. Come on, we're comparing a one year old OS to a 7 year old one from one of the biggest technology companies ever. And if you weren't complaining about the battery life, then what's the problem? If the battery life is excellent, why on Earth would anyone care how small the battery is? I know that people still buy those tiny $20 Nokia's that last for a week and I've never heard anyone complain "yeah, the battery life is amazing, but I hate it because the battery is small".

Battery size isn't the only factor that determines battery life. You need to know that. It's not an excuse if someone says it's because the OS is efficient. In fact that's probably the biggest point when it comes to battery life.

You literally just said that you had to connect to your PC to manage your music. And now you're saying you don't, and you can do everything via sites and Dropbox? Which, by the way is a cloud SYNCHING service. And please enlighten me how you define 'managing music', because I can't even think of a way that you need to connect to a pc to do something to your music that doesn't involve transferring between the two devices. Mind boggling. Do you rename your music or drag then around or?

File management on BlackBerry 10 is AMAZING. I'm not saying it's not. The app still needs a lot of work but at least it's there. But you can't manage your music at all! You can change its location, but you can't change any of the information like the title, artist, or album, unless you use an app, which Apple doesn't put you through.

And please stop throwing around personal insults because it doesn't contribute to the discussion at all, and it's just a silly thing to do. Just stop.

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-11-14 09:03 PM
    Ok I am TOTALLY confused with this post, because it contradicts nearly EVERYTHING you said in the last one.

HE (whoever that may be) mentions it because it is a valid point. He says that the iPhone has the best battery per mAh, which I totally believe because iOS is a LOT more efficient than BB10. And this is because it is more advanced. Come on, we're comparing a one year old OS to a 7 year old one from one of the biggest technology companies ever. And if you weren't complaining about the battery life, then what's the problem? If the battery life is excellent, why on Earth would anyone care how small the battery is? I know that people still buy those tiny $20 Nokia's that last for a week and I've never heard anyone complain "yeah, the battery life is amazing, but I hate it because the battery is small".

Battery size isn't the only factor that determines battery life. You need to know that. It's not an excuse if someone says it's because the OS is efficient. In fact that's probably the biggest point when it comes to battery life.

You literally just said that you had to connect to your PC to manage your music. And now you're saying you don't, and you can do everything via sites and Dropbox? Which, by the way is a cloud SYNCHING service. And please enlighten me how you define 'managing music', because I can't even think of a way that you need to connect to a pc to do something to your music that doesn't involve transferring between the two devices. Mind boggling. Do you rename your music or drag then around or?

File management on BlackBerry 10 is AMAZING. I'm not saying it's not. The app still needs a lot of work but at least it's there. But you can't manage your music at all! You can change its location, but you can't change any of the information like the title, artist, or album, unless you use an app, which Apple doesn't put you through.

And please stop throwing around personal insults because it doesn't contribute to the discussion at all, and it's just a silly thing to do. Just stop.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can I have been for the past couple days.
    Gimmicks sell-img_20140411_233133.png

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    04-11-14 10:32 PM
    You can even edit bought ones, if you so choose to for whatever reason.

Gimmicks sell-img_20140411_233434.png

04-11-14 10:36 PM
    Lol gimmick for them is hardware we used the same camera same everything but we have a tiny smaller but better battery finger print scanner and 64 bit processor. People rush out like they reinvented the wheel, they can probably come out with the iPhonep for poo on a stick and it would sell for being new and innovative.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    The only camera reused on the new iPhones is the Rear Camera on the iPhone 5C. The FFC on that phone is improved over the iPhone 5.

The iPhone 5S has both a new FFC as well as a Rear Camera.
    04-11-14 10:49 PM
    Oh god I wasn't alone on swiot to unlock pocket dialing?

Lord that pissed me off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    It's the hidden feature that no one talks about. It is a serious flaw in the devices and one that causes me to turn off that feature and leave it off.
    04-11-14 11:06 PM
    Yes you can I have been for the past couple days.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140411_233133.png 
Views:	304 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	262480

How uh.....how do you do this?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 02:02 AM
    Blackberry has sold 4 million BB10 phones in the last year and half!!!! Multiply that by a conservative 20 you get 80 million phones. Maybe not in a quarter but say over a year.

And then those 80 convert just say 5 people on average showing off the cool email and browser (not to mention the awesome camera); you have 400 million blackberry phones sold.

Think of this - by 2016 there will be more than half a billion Blackberries out there. Easily. We will have overtaken iOS by then.

Yes sir!!!
    Since BB7 phones outsell BB10 phones, you may as well say BB7 phones will hit a TRILLION in sales
    04-12-14 02:50 AM
    their just jealos lol its a fact the BB10 virtual keyboard is better then ios's PERIOD flick typing, swipe down for numbers etc, swipe left to erase words and on ios you can only press the keys.. how exciting ! BB10 keyboard is superior and makes typing a joy, quick and easy
    04-12-14 05:00 AM
    So do I use picture password everyday and I consider it a gimmick.. why? The iPhone has been around for a while and functioned well without it. Would you still be able to lock and unlock your phone without touchid? Yes. That's my definition and why I made this post. It's convenient and efficient but not necessary

By your definition a camera on a Blackberry would be a gimmick. Blackberries had been around a while and functioned well without them and were convenient and efficient. Ditto for a music player.

If the next iPhone comes out without Touch ID you can say that this feature that I love to use is a gimmick. But I find it terribly convenient so to me it's a great feature.

See? It's subjective.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    04-12-14 05:21 AM
    It's the hidden feature that no one talks about. It is a serious flaw in the devices and one that causes me to turn off that feature and leave it off.
    I remember getting an angry text from a friend because I had a 20 minute phone call with him...in my pocket while I redid a camera security display.

I only noticed what was happening because I wondered why my pocket felt incredibly hot all of a sudden. Needless to say I was annoyed that 1) it did it and 2) it killed a good chunk of battery doing it.

I was also pissed the day it took over 40 pictures of the inside of my pocket and completely drained the battery.

I've NEVER had pocket dials before on any phone until the Z10.
    04-12-14 06:34 AM
    their just jealos lol its a fact the BB10 virtual keyboard is better then ios's PERIOD flick typing, swipe down for numbers etc, swipe left to erase words and on ios you can only press the keys.. how exciting ! BB10 keyboard is superior and makes typing a joy, quick and easy
    Not in the browser though.. . You get from slight delay to huge delays (depends if rich text is enabled).
    Anyway, your message (the first part) including your username tells us more about you. Hello, there are people that use both platforms and aren't blind fanboys that think like <=5 yrs old kids.

@mvpcrossxover you can edit ID3 tags with a 3rdparty app called ID3iot.

Going back to the gimmicks sell topic, before the ios apologist came in and turned it into a os vs os thread....(you know who you are) (because I specifically stated iphones barely have gimmicks originally but yet you chose to derail the thread)
    You gotta be kiddin.. You derailed first in post #4 with "They only sell because of social circle and awesome customer satisfaction ". It is cool to blame others, right?

Now on topic.
    I think you cannot classify a Gimmicks something that's useful. Remember the first phones: they had basic functions for their main purpose: calls and text messages. In time, we got internet (CSD/GPRS), MP3 support, camera, IR port, GPS, etc etc that revolutionized the mobile phones industry, user isn't forced anymore to carry an mp3 player, pda, GPS, pocket camera, etc.. or use a TV Remote.. they have all the handy stuff in one single device.

If we extend the gimmicks to PP (picture protect) then we can say that rotation animation is a gimmick, transition animations the same.. Those are functionality that doesn't offer any real utility, it just pleases the eye and make the actions more "natural".
    04-12-14 07:52 AM
    I remember getting an angry text from a friend because I had a 20 minute phone call with him...in my pocket while I redid a camera security display.

I only noticed what was happening because I wondered why my pocket felt incredibly hot all of a sudden. Needless to say I was annoyed that 1) it did it and 2) it killed a good chunk of battery doing it.

I was also pissed the day it took over 40 pictures of the inside of my pocket and completely drained the battery.

I've NEVER had pocket dials before on any phone until the Z10.
    I pocket dialed 911 on my Z10. I didn't realize it until they called me. How embarrassing. Sold it for that and many other reasons.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-12-14 07:59 AM
195 ... 34567 ...