Every phone has gimmicks. Parallax on the iPhone is an absolutely worthless gimmick that I see no value in. Siri could be defined as a gimmick for some, I find it incredibly useful. It all depends on the user. I find swipe to unlock the phone on BB10 a useless gimmick. It pocket unlocks the phone and kills the battery.
    04-11-14 08:38 AM
    Are you seriously complaining about iPhone battery life from your Z10? How ironic. Lol.

Well if you don't have a Mac I suppose that's that you have to do to manage music, but how do you do it on your BlackBerry? I can't even buy music officially where I am, so I have to get them all from my computer. On top of that, BlackBerry Link doesn't even work... Apple is known for its amazing ecosystem, automatic synching between all devices. Not sure where you got the idea that BlackBerry was better in that respect.

Each platform has pluses and minuses but you're naming all the wrong ones lol. iOS might not be your personal preference, but it's certainly not on the back foot. It's promoted as the most advanced mobile operating system, and there is substance behind that claim.

Posted via CB10
    Here we go. Are you serious? He mentions ios has the best battery per mah... wtf does that even matter? the battery is smaller than the one on my bb10. I wasn't complaining about the battery life I was complaining about that statement as its just an excuse for small battery! Please read the rest of the post

Secondly I do not need my laptop to manage my music. If my songs are on Dropbox or any other online site I can just download and organize it. I wasn't talking about file syncing.. again you mistook my point. I was talking about file management.. which in that case I don't even think I should be arguing with you since you are apparently incapable of grasping points

What you promote and what you can do is totally different things. Advanced mobile computing... are we talking media or actual godda*n COMPUTING?

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-11-14 09:22 AM
    Gimmicks like the ****ty bb10 keyboard
    Lol seriously?

04-11-14 09:24 AM
    Yeah I get attention from time shift and PP, i dont have any time to show the browser or flicking or nothing people just want to see those two features...
    04-11-14 09:26 AM
    Going back to the gimmicks sell topic, before the ios apologist came in and turned it into a os vs os thread....(you know who you are) (because I specifically stated iphones barely have gimmicks originally but yet you chose to derail the thread) notice I as a bb10 user classified picture password as a gimmick..

Do I use it? YES
    Is it awesome? YES
    Is it something I could still enjoy my phone without? YES
    Is it crucial to the phone experience? NO

There you go... gimmick!

04-11-14 09:27 AM
    Exactly. One persons gimmick is another's favorite feature.

Posted with my Q
    04-11-14 09:30 AM
    Exactly. One persons gimmick is another's favorite feature.

Posted with my Q
    And that was the reason for my post... even when it's a gimmick, it still gives people more reason to switch, more things to actually show off in a commercial for the casual consumer... something to actually crack a marketing bragging conversation with..

I mean if you are having a phone debate, how many times do you suppose I'll talk about how many files I can attach in 30 seconds? It's all about peek and view, pp, swiping typing and all that eye candy gimmicks.

Why do I call it a gimmick? You could just click the hub app icon and it'd take you to the hub lol..

Or as other phones prove, you don't need to swipe to type..

But it sure is efficient and awesome to use. They need more of this. I'd love to see a spread out market

04-11-14 09:43 AM
    Every phone has gimmicks. Parallax on the iPhone is an absolutely worthless gimmick that I see no value in. Siri could be defined as a gimmick for some, I find it incredibly useful. It all depends on the user. I find swipe to unlock the phone on BB10 a useless gimmick. It pocket unlocks the phone and kills the battery.
    Oh god I wasn't alone on swipe to unlock pocket dialing?

Lord that pissed me off.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-12-14 at 06:24 AM.
    04-11-14 09:49 AM
    If PP love it brag about it. BB can use all the good press it can get.
    04-11-14 09:54 AM
    I use an iPhone because I have a lot invested in the ecosystem. I have a lot of Music, a lot of quality purchased apps, I have other Apple devices such as a MacBook and an Apple TV so the iPhone fits in perfectly with my life. I also have a number of speciality apps that I can�t find on other platforms, such as Mendeley and the most perfect periodic table I could find EleMints. Most companies including Google develop great iOS apps and they do it first. The iPhone works great, it is a good all round performer and you guys may be surprised to learn that not all iPhone users are fanatics. The Play store maybe have as many apps, but as someone who uses both platforms, I can assure you it falls short seriously with app quality. It is as if some devs don�t put the time into their Android apps as they do their iOS apps.

Many use the iPhone because it is dependable and very easy to use. It works with no drama, excellent camera, a plethora of quality apps, and many, many speciality apps as well. I have many people who also use iPhones and iPads, so Facetime and iMessage are true blessings, again they just work with no drama.

The iPhone has its shortcomings, such as email attachment and to some extent media files management (I never connect my phone to iTunes and I do fine). I don�t copy ringtones and avi files, and I buy and listen to music on my phone. When and if I open iTunes on my computer it also downloads there. I don�t why people think the iPhone still needs to connect to iTunes. That is not true.
    The iPhone as I said is a good all round performer. That is its strength. Maybe you need something more and BB10 offers that, but most people won�t be content with BB10. So I sincerely hope those at the reigns of BB aren�t think like many on this forum that iOS users are only fanatics and use the platform because its social circle. Because such thinking is severely erroneous.
    04-11-14 09:59 AM
    I use an iPhone because I have a lot invested in the ecosystem. I have a lot of Music, a lot of quality purchased apps, I have other Apple devices such as a MacBook and an Apple TV so the iPhone fits in perfectly with my life. I also have a number of speciality apps that I can�t find on other platforms, such as Mendeley and the most perfect periodic table I could find EleMints. Most companies including Google develop great iOS apps and they do it first. The iPhone works great, it is a good all round performer and you guys may be surprised to learn that not all iPhone users are fanatics. The Play store maybe have as many apps, but as someone who uses both platforms, I can assure you it falls short seriously with app quality. It is as if some devs don�t put the time into their Android apps as they do their iOS apps.

Many use the iPhone because it is dependable and very easy to use. It works with no drama, excellent camera, a plethora of quality apps, and many, many speciality apps as well. I have many people who also use iPhones and iPads, so Facetime and iMessage are true blessings, again they just work with no drama.

The iPhone has its shortcomings, such as email attachment and to some extent media files management (I never connect my phone to iTunes and I do fine). I don�t copy ringtones and avi files, and I buy and listen to music on my phone. When and if I open iTunes on my computer it also downloads there. I don�t why people think the iPhone still needs to connect to iTunes. That is not true.
    The iPhone as I said is a good all round performer. That is its strength. Maybe you need something more and BB10 offers that, but most people won�t be content with BB10. So I sincerely hope those at the reigns of BB aren�t think like many on this forum that iOS users are only fanatics and use the platform because its social circle. Because such thinking is severely erroneous.
    It does things well not exceptionally I'm afraid. I was a user for 3 years. My comment didn't say iPhone users are fanatic, it's why it "continues " to sell well while phone makers like Samsung have had to come up with that eye off the screen sensor crap and heart rate monitor... see where I'm going with this?

04-11-14 10:02 AM
    It does things well not exceptionally I'm afraid. I was a user for 3 years. My comment didn't say iPhone users are fanatic, it's why it "continues " to sell well while phone makers like Samsung have had to come up with that eye off the screen sensor crap and heart rate monitor... see where I'm going with this?

I see where you are going, but I will say this. How exceptional it does what it does is subjective. I think it's exceptional when it comes to most core functions; calls, SMS, FaceTime Video & Audio, iMessage and Photos.

Safari is a great browser better than Chrome on my Nexus. And whether specific apps work exceptionally is up to the app developer.

I think it falls short when it comes to emails. I think I should be able to set default apps, as a google services user I would love to use the Gmail and Chrome apps.

We 'geeks' may find more to complain about, but the iPhone pleases most of its users. And that is one of its strengths and it's identity. I totally agree with your opinion about Samsung.

iPhone & Tapatalk
    04-11-14 10:29 AM
    It's too bad that BlackBerry has refused to market that the OS is new, different from BBOS, and show it in action beyond BBM Video. They have a great product but few know about it.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-11-14 10:39 AM
    It's too bad that BlackBerry has refused to market that the OS is new, different from BBOS, and show it in action beyond BBM Video. They have a great product but few know about it.

Posted via CB10
    Market? Please

04-11-14 10:47 AM
    Blackberry is the best thing since sliced bread. Clearly the research on this thread shows that if we cracks of crackberry show off the cool features of our phones (multiple file attachments to email - who cares that sharing files on dropbox or other apps, the camera, battery life, browser), people will want them more than the iPhone 5s.

I suggest we take it upon ourselves and each vow to convert 20 people in our circle to buy a Z. if 1 million of us do it - Blackberry will sell 20 million phones. Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol are there even 1 million bb10 current users? ;P

04-11-14 10:48 AM
    Blackberry has sold 4 million BB10 phones in the last year and half!!!! Multiply that by a conservative 20 you get 80 million phones. Maybe not in a quarter but say over a year.

And then those 80 convert just say 5 people on average showing off the cool email and browser (not to mention the awesome camera); you have 400 million blackberry phones sold.

Think of this - by 2016 there will be more than half a billion Blackberries out there. Easily. We will have overtaken iOS by then.

Yes sir!!!
    I was teasing

04-11-14 11:01 AM
    Indeed, Samsung proves that.
    04-11-14 11:06 AM
    Blackberry has sold 4 million BB10 phones in the last year and half!!!! Multiply that by a conservative 20 you get 80 million phones. Maybe not in a quarter but say over a year.

And then those 80 convert just say 5 people on average showing off the cool email and browser (not to mention the awesome camera); you have 400 million blackberry phones sold.

Think of this - by 2016 there will be more than half a billion Blackberries out there. Easily. We will have overtaken iOS by then.

Yes sir!!!
    I want what you're smoking.

Posted with my Q
    04-11-14 11:14 AM
    I want what you're smoking.

Posted with my Q
    They do that in a lot of threads. They apparently think that the Z3 is going to sell 30 million devices according to a post in another thread

Hope BlackBerry has a TON of gimmicks lol

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:21 AM
    Market? Please

Yes. He's right. BB had a handful of commercials but did nothing to differentiate that this was an entirely new OS and not anything that people had used before. Sure, they demonstrated some of the new gestures, but nothing that indicated that spinning clocks and battery pulls were a thing of the past.
    04-11-14 11:32 AM
    Gimmicks last about a week. Then they get old. Ease of use is important, along with reliability and cost.

Don't overthink it.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-11-14 11:36 AM
    I've a gimmick...how about a Blackberry tablet ? we can throw together a basic OS and sell it for ****loads and use it as a beta for our new hardware incoming, then just drop our promises and support...that will help sales and reputation
    04-11-14 11:50 AM
    Yes. He's right. BB had a handful of commercials but did nothing to differentiate that this was an entirely new OS and not anything that people had used before. Sure, they demonstrated some of the new gestures, but nothing that indicated that spinning clocks and battery pulls were a thing of the past.
    I was being sarcastic

04-11-14 11:59 AM
    I've a gimmick...how about a Blackberry tablet ? we can throw together a basic OS and sell it for ****loads and use it as a beta for our new hardware incoming, then just drop our promises and support...that will help sales and reputation
    Smh someone had to be the *****

04-11-14 11:59 AM
    Gimmicks last about a week. Then they get old. Ease of use is important, along with reliability and cost.

Don't overthink it.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    But you already bought the phone.. and most phones are at least basic in usage and people are reluctant to return things

04-11-14 12:00 PM
195 ... 23456 ...