No he only believes them 10%. That's why he posted the chart. /s

What kind of question is that?

You don't seem to believe anything that doesn't support your bias.

Yet you never offer any proof of your point of view with your counter claims.
    And you do?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 06:35 PM

In-app performance is generally better on ios than on android, heck even on Google's Youtube app. It doesn't matter 100000000000 no of apps.. it matters the quality of the few important apps. There are a lot of junk in ALL stores, including BBW.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I disagree with your statement. My moto x on kitkat can outperform an iPhone 5s with the YouTube app

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-10-14 07:00 PM
    Yeah I disagree with your statement. My moto x on kitkat can outperform an iPhone 5s with the YouTube app

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Wtf does this even mean.... outperform at what...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 07:06 PM
    And you do?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Well you see me around these boards long enough to know that if I have a counter claim I post it with verifiable links.

Then others can either agree or disagree and post their reason.
    This:
    I don't take gsmarena seriously with their tests... ...snip
    is meaningless.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-10-14 07:14 PM
    I don't take gsmarena seriously with their tests... you actually believe them 100% ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Why not? They have it out for Blackberry?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-10-14 07:15 PM
    What is gimmicky about the iPhone? It does everything really well and aside from email attachments (which you can still easily do) I don't get what you think is gimmicky about it.

BB10 has some great features but it doesn't beat the iPhone or come close in a lot of areas.

The camera is worlds better, the music player is worlds better, the App Store is better, it renders web pages better and has a flick to go back and forward, the build quality is better, so what is a gimmick about it? And while it's of course derided in here I love the keyboard on it and so do millions of people.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-10-14 07:29 PM
    Why not? They have it out for Blackberry?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Because it makes no sense that the Q5 could last longer even with the smaller screen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 07:36 PM
    Because it makes no sense that the Q5 could last longer even with the smaller screen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They did a test and those were the results. There can be lots of factors that affect results.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-10-14 07:43 PM
    What is gimmicky about the iPhone? It does everything really well and aside from email attachments (which you can still easily do) I don't get what you think is gimmicky about it.

BB10 has some great features but it doesn't beat the iPhone or come close in a lot of areas.

The camera is worlds better, the music player is worlds better, the App Store is better, it renders web pages better and has a flick to go back and forward, the build quality is better, so what is a gimmick about it? And while it's of course derided in here I love the keyboard on it and so do millions of people.
    Please explain what makes the browser so much better? In my experience, the browser in iPhone is painful to use. BlackBerry 10 browser supports so much more, loads faster, and has a reader mode AND desktop mode.
    Desktop mode has to be one of the greatest features too. I was on the phone with chase because I accidently locked myself out of my united card. I needed to buy tickets asap before they sold out. But unfortunately I was away from a computer and the guy CS rep gave me a website to reset my password. I told him to hang on to put him on speaker phone so I could use my BlackBerry and he then informs me it has to be from a computer because the site doesn't support mobile. He would NOT stop repeating this until I asked him to please be quiet while I changed my password. The Desktop mode allowed me to change the password and then I politely explained to him that the BlackBerry 10 browser has a way to trick sites into thinking it's a desktop and load full we pages. He got all upity and was like oh well if you can do it then great. Need anything else? Maybe he was an iPhone fanboy/blackberry hater and got mad my BlackBerry did something his phone couldn't. I don't know. BlackBerry's browser is not a weak point and neither is the Z30's battery. Period. I can get 2 days off it when I'm at home on wifi over the weekend and I'll be browsing and chatting and video calling. But there is also 10 hours of sleep involved in there haha.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:44 PM
    Please explain what makes the browser so much better? In my experience, the browser in iPhone is painful to use. BlackBerry 10 browser supports so much more, loads faster, and has a reader mode AND desktop mode.
    Desktop mode has to be one of the greatest features too. I was on the phone with chase because I accidently locked myself out of my united card. I needed to buy tickets asap before they sold out. But unfortunately I was away from a computer and the guy CS rep gave me a website to reset my password. I told him to hang on to put him on speaker phone so I could use my BlackBerry and he then informs me it has to be from a computer because the site doesn't support mobile. He would NOT stop repeating this until I asked him to please be quiet while I changed my password. The Desktop mode allowed me to change the password and then I politely explained to him that the BlackBerry 10 browser has a way to trick sites into thinking it's a desktop and load full we pages. He got all upity and was like oh well if you can do it then great. Need anything else? Maybe he was an iPhone fanboy/blackberry hater and got mad my BlackBerry did something his phone couldn't. I don't know. BlackBerry's browser is not a weak point and neither is the Z30's battery. Period. I can get 2 days off it when I'm at home on wifi over the weekend and I'll be browsing and chatting and video calling. But there is also 10 hours of sleep involved in there haha.

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone also has a reader mode and it's better implemented than BB10. And I don't know what you mean about the Chase site. If you want to access the full Chase website it's easily done from the iPhone. So on the off hand that I would need to access the full site it's easily done. You just google the full site and it will get it instead of the mobile site. Most websites have a "desktop mode" anyway that you can click. As far as how they work, BB10 doesn't render a lot of pages correctly and the pinch to zoom and tap to zoom is more accurate and is smoother on the iPhone.
    04-10-14 07:58 PM

Lol that's ironic because you went to defense mode when back on page 1 I specifically says iphones don't have gimmicks.. so this whole post huh... anyways

Web pages render better n WTF it doesn't have flash, desktop mode... what else am I missing mate? again wtf is the html test score any better?

Build quality better? We can agree to disagree but I love the build quality of my phone and hate those of iphones. Only other phone I give kudos to is htc!!! Sexy stuff

Keyboard isn't even in the same ballpark. It doesn't have to be decided on cb. It's almost a fact.. the keyboard is better. I'm not even talking layout here I'm . talking software.. you say so do millions of people but that's not true now is it? Just because people are willing to put up with a weakness for other strength doesn't mean they love it.

Do I love bb's pathetic app store? Nope.. am I willing to put up with it because I love the platform as a whole? Yes. For some iphones are awesome (understandably) because it fulfills their needs. Iphones don't have to do best at everything it just has to be able to do it. Which is what they've succeeded at doing.. but man was your post way way off.

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    stlabrat and sedat like this.
    04-10-14 08:02 PM
    I love these battery comparisons at gsmarena, but you do have a point there.

I can see a iphone lasting longer in a browser test though. Anyone who uses the BB10 browser knows it absolutely eats battery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner lol. Its powerful, no doubt...but I have to avoid it sometimes for this very reason. I still do find it impressive that the Z30 still manages to keep up with devices that have more mAh's in their batteries. With more optimizations to the OS and a new more efficient processor like these newer phones have, im sure BB could get back to being known for great battery life
    Battery does indeed drain with browser but I know what I'm getting when I use it like you said. When I'm streaming flash European soccer I don't expect the battery on my z10 to last past 5 or 4 hours.. but that's OK

04-10-14 08:03 PM
    Well.. smaller LCD display doesn't count?

A few posts ago i've said that amoled is not battery efficient when dealing with white background.

Posted via CB10
    Umm display has little to do with browser imo . Idk about ios but on bb10 the battery (device monitor) has a different category for display and browser so idk why it matters.. meaning that the q5 and z30 using the same browser should produce same result!!!! Flawed!

04-10-14 08:05 PM
    Question is, what OS version on the BlackBerries?

That can make a huge difference, so the result might not be very consistent or conclusive.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-10-14 08:05 PM
    The iPhone also has a reader mode and it's better implemented than BB10. And I don't know what you mean about the Chase site. If you want to access the full Chase website it's easily done from the iPhone. So on the off hand that I would need to access the full site it's easily done. You just google the full site and it will get it instead of the mobile site. Most websites have a "desktop mode" anyway that you can click. As far as how they work, BB10 doesn't render a lot of pages correctly and the pinch to zoom and tap to zoom is more accurate and is smoother on the iPhone.
    Yes you can access the full site. But go to reset your password. It flips over and tells you mobile browsers are not supported. Give it a try. Unless something has changed in the last year it doesn't work. Desktop mode works flawlessly. I also don't have to click a link to goto, or search Google for it. I check one option and no problems. The only thing to make it better of I could hit the overflow and select it and save preference to automatically select it for some sites. Would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:18 PM
    Yes you can access the full site. But go to reset your password. It flips over and tells you mobile browsers are not supported. Give it a try. Unless something has changed in the last year it doesn't work. Desktop mode works flawlessly. I also don't have to click a link to goto, or search Google for it. I check one option and no problems. The only thing to make it better of I could hit the overflow and select it and save preference to automatically select it for some sites. Would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    No it works fine to change your password.
    04-10-14 08:21 PM
    No it works fine to change your password.
    Pics or didn't happen
    04-10-14 08:23 PM
    Pics or didn't happen

Ok.
    Acidwire likes this.
    04-10-14 08:25 PM
    They either fixed it or it was citibank and not chase.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:29 PM
    I prefer smaller phones because many times i'm using one hand only..

Regarding battery life, i've pointed the battery life when using the web browser.

Look at the attachment (web browser times)

How's yours when browsing?

Dave, no, you always get less battery because the pages you're visiting are more complex.. but you get an idea how it compares with other phones. All phones are tested the same.

Attachment 262145

Posted via CB10
    Is this some type of joke. The Z30 has the best battery life of any smartphone on the market today. Where did find this bull**** stats. You have to he kidding me. A Z30 can go 2 days without a charge. No iPhone or Samsung can do that. Lol!

Posted by my awesome Z10
    04-10-14 08:47 PM
    I like the Z10 compared to Z30. I do not like the glass weave back
    04-10-14 08:54 PM
    Apparently we must believe gsmarena and take them for their word because the trolls above us demand it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I already questioned the flawed logic. Q5 all the way above, z30 all the way below.. supposedly running the same os

04-10-14 08:57 PM
    Vagos2006, Dave, spikesolie please don't act like a bunch of blind fanboys.

I repeat again and again: tests were made with the web browser using the same procedure. No Flash content!
    http://www.gsmarena.com/gsmarena_lab...view-751p6.php

Why q5 is above? Logic! 3.1 inch LCD display. Again, most of the sites are on white background, here amoled sucks more battery!

@spikesolie when I said the browser takes more battery I've tested with flash disabled.

Someone asks about browser render: the ios render the page faster and smoother, on load and on fast scroll. Plus the back and forward gestures are instant, the page is not reloaded (even if it has no cache headers)! Plus the in-browser content view (with possibility to download within an app) is really handy. Not all the time I want to download a pdf, doc, etc. I want to view it and voila.
    And btw, the scrolling on a pdf on the iphone is a pleasure, it is smooth not laggy as on z10/bb10.

Also, I observed this, and maybe a webview (?) issue: when I fast scroll content in multiple apps (facebook, twitter, cb long topics with pics, heavy sites, igrann, etc) it goes blank and have to wait sometimes seconds to render the view. Nice? Not.

Many little things.

People please try to be unbiased.
    And Dave making someone troll because it try to debunk false claims made by biased fanboys.. it's pretty low! I've already explained how the gsmarena battery tests work and that it's a good tool for comparing battery performance.
    If you take the z30 only for web browsing then you get not that good battery life.

I use my z10 as primary device for some time and love the BlackBerry hub, gestures, keyboard, more freedom, etc.. but cannot just ignore false statements. Bb10 is not that optimized after all. Many things are smoother on other platforms. From faster app load time, scrolling on heavy sites, in-app performance, and so on.

Posted via CB10
    3Dee and bekkay like this.
    04-11-14 02:49 AM
    Is this some type of joke. The Z30 has the best battery life of any smartphone on the market today. Where did find this bull**** stats. You have to he kidding me. A Z30 can go 2 days without a charge. No iPhone or Samsung can do that. Lol!
    Really?

Gimmicks sell-photo-11.04.2014-10-53-05.png

Wifi always on.
    gmail push, 5 email accounts with 1 hour fetch, 3 twitter accounts, instagram, facebook, pages, whatsapp, google+, etc.. all with push notifications active.
    Used a bit web browsing, facebook, google+, app store updates (many! With lots of data), played some games, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:01 AM
    Yet again battle of Operating Systems. I have used BlackBerry 10 OS for 2 months and it has it's own pros and cons the way iOS has. Just go with your preference and do not try to defend or justify your choice as it might differ from others. Like in my case, I was over-whelmed with BB 10 however after few months, I jumped back to my reliable iPhone 5 which "just" works!

Enjoy and have a great weekend!
    mspace81 likes this.
    04-11-14 03:45 AM
195 1234 ...