I have a ghost tune on my phone I can't get rid of. When I turn my phone off, on, or sometimes just whenever, this little tune plays. It even plays when I have the phone on vibrate. Help!!! It's driving me crazy!!
    08-13-08 01:54 PM
    Haunted BlackBerry? Call an exorcist... or GHOSTBUSTERS!

I have a ghost tune on my phone I can't get rid of. When I turn my phone off, on, or sometimes just whenever, this little tune plays. It even plays when I have the phone on vibrate. Help!!! It's driving me crazy!!
    08-13-08 02:02 PM
    WOW!! You are sooooo funny, NOT.
    08-13-08 02:20 PM
    Its not the "One Missed Call" tune is it?
    08-13-08 02:24 PM
    i know a little tune played on my env when i turned it on and off. there was a setting to disable that.

i don't know of any such setting on a bb though. hopefully someone will chime in if they know of one.
    08-13-08 02:25 PM
    Nope. It happens at random times with no connection to events on phone.
    08-13-08 02:25 PM
    Nope. It happens at random times with no connection to events on phone.
    no calender events, birthdays or to do list reminders are set?

just some thoughts.
    08-13-08 02:27 PM
    Haunted BlackBerry? Call an exorcist... or GHOSTBUSTERS!
    I love Ghostbusters!
    08-13-08 02:29 PM
    The only time I can actually make it play the tune is to turn the phone off or on. Then sometimes it just plays.
    08-13-08 02:35 PM
    The only time I can actually make it play the tune is to turn the phone off or on. Then sometimes it just plays.
    That is strange, have you checked the tones in your profiles to make sure nothing is set?
    08-13-08 02:41 PM
    I have tried everything. Deleting tones, redownloading sounds, everything. It hasn't always done it. It just started about 2 wks ago. I have had the phone for 3 months.
    08-13-08 02:47 PM
    reload the os

pm me for my email me if you would like the new 4.5.0.69>
    Last edited by acidbaby; 08-13-08 at 03:34 PM.
    08-13-08 03:30 PM
    This happened to me yesterday and i thought of this thread. Lol. It kept playing a little tune even after a battery pull!

Turned out to be an audio weather bug alert! It stopped after i viewed the alert!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 08:19 AM
    Do you have WeatherBug installed? It has alerts for various weather events. I don't recall if it plays tunes or just blinks the led and vibrates - mine went off yesterday due to a heat and air quality advisory.
    08-15-08 08:54 AM
    Do you have WeatherBug installed? It has alerts for various weather events. I don't recall if it plays tunes or just blinks the led and vibrates - mine went off yesterday due to a heat and air quality advisory.
    you can set up weather alert for either audio and/or visual.

yes, that's why i brough this up. maybe the OP has weather bug.
    08-15-08 08:57 AM
    I love Ghostbusters!
    AIM FOR THE FLAT-TOP!!!

(couldn't pass it up)
    08-15-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD