Ran into an interesting problem today. I apologize for the essay below but the may details may help...

I work in IT and we use a workstation to roll out blackberry's and access the BES for our company. I currently have a Bold with .210 on it. My bold was the last phone hooked up to the computer before another co-worker came in with a Storm today and connected it to do a backup to the PC. Once that was completed they did an OTA upgrade to .75. Everything was fine at this point but later in the day I realized I wasn't able to send/receive my work e-mail. Tried a few things but eventually did a enterprise activation and everything was working again.

Went to lunch and when I next looked at my phone I saw I had the personal gmail, phone book, calendar, alarms and phone log of the user that came in with the Storm on my phone mixed in with my stuff. I went and found the person with the Storm and they had some of my work emails in their messages folder. The spillover wasn't occurring in Outlook itself but just on our phones. We did a wipe of the Storm and redid the enterprise activation and that phone was fixed. I did a wipe of my bold and everything was good. But when I did the enterprise activation all of the storm's preferences, gmail, etc were loaded back onto my phone again. I tried doing a handheld wipe from the phone (incl. 3rd party apps) and an erase/disable handset from the BES itself but neither completely cleared it.

As I'm sure some of you already know there seems to be user data on the phone itself that's re-imported when I do enterprise activation. After the activation I also notice in my service books I have a bunch of items that shouldn't be there, many Verizon ones from the Storm on my AT&T Bold.

It seems like I need to clear whatever data/profile is linked to my work e-mail that's stored on the phone somewhere. All of the wipes don't seem to do it as once I do enterprise it brings back all my customizations. It seems like getting it back to factory default is the only way to delete the ghost storm's files on my phone.

Sorry for the essay but was trying to be specific. Anybody have any suggestions? My plan is to use JL_CMDER tomorrow morning and follow that process to try and clear everything. Will that do the trick? Does anybody have any experience with an issue like this?

Thanks,

Brian
    01-14-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD