Okay, after reading through this thread can I ask for some recommendations on a solid pen for a decent price??

I liked the Lamy Safari recommendation for about $30. Any other suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:00 PM
    Would be to try one of these again. I used a fountain pen in my youthful days until I found BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:08 PM
    Okay, after reading through this thread can I ask for some recommendations on a solid pen for a decent price??

I liked the Lamy Safari recommendation for about $30. Any other suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    You can't go wrong with Lamy. My friend has two Safari and I have two cheap-ish Lamy italic, they all come highly recommended for the price. Even though they might not look the part

From my mighty PassPort
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    12-03-14 11:37 PM
    You can't go wrong with Lamy. My friend has two Safari and I have two cheap-ish Lamy italic, they all come highly recommended for the price. Even though they might not look the part

From my mighty PassPort
    I will give one a shot! Thanks for the feedback.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:28 AM
    I like looking through fountain pens on Amazon. I use a cheap disposable Pilot fountain pen for work
    12-04-14 02:01 AM
    I was looking into Filofax, but they are quite pricey. Currently using Maruman memo pads, they're excellent for fountain pens.
    In my office we're always debating taking notes, we agree that paper and a good pen beats laptop and phone in most situations.
    My BlackBerry compliments my work in any other way and certainly handles todos, appointments, documents and obviously communication efficiently.

From my mighty PassPort
    12-04-14 06:47 PM
    Bestest friend. I thank you! I am sure a BlackBerry and a Filofax are a great combo! I just purchased a 2015 refill creme white! Looks great and as you said: Writing with a fountain pen is just awesome.

I know Lamy! They writing delicious. But when it comes to fountain pens, I guess each should choose his brand. Mont Blanc was way to expensive and way too overhyped. I chose Waterman. I got a Waterman Expert. Delicious writing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

I always carry my Waterman pens around. I hate taking used pens or plastic pens from people when I have to sign something. You never know. So I always have a Waterman around me.

I would love to see a new tablet and a "Visa" (see Prototype thread) with a quality stylus that looks like a quality fountain pen. Think of the impact that would make to business acquaintances.
    12-05-14 11:16 AM
    Here is the one I am ordering - Lynktec Rechargeable Apex Fine Point Active Stylus. Has a fine point, battery operated.

Now what would be nice is Lenovo Any Pen concept. This a real game changer - HMMMMMMMMMMM especially in the ENTERPRISE business. Do not see that BB is innovative enough. Kind of wish they would license BB10 to real creative hardware suppliers.
    01-06-15 03:47 PM
    Although it's interesting, it seems to be a little pretentious for me. I use a crayola, I prefer red, the color of elmo.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:14 PM
    I am so glad to hear that the OP love Filofax! My business is Vegas Fine Pens and Gifts located in Las Vegas, NV. It is online only right now and currently a start-up, but I plan to expand my store further this year. Filofax will be one of the brands I will carry, along with Waterman, Moleskine, and many others mentioned. I'm looking at high tech pens at CES as well.

My website: http://www.vegaspens.com :-)

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    01-06-15 07:11 PM
    I use a Moleskine with a Fisher Space Pen to jot down notes at work. Blackberry for all my organizational needs and more.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-06-15 07:20 PM
    Yeah, at least a good Moleskine pad, a fountain pen and a Blackberry.

I do lots of notes. And I need instant action, so a phone work out. I need a paper and pen. Simple. Not getting a smartphone, opening up an app and typing. By this time I lost my ideas, lol.

In my car, I have a pen and note pad. In my jacket also. You never know, when your great idea comes up. Just write it down, draw your ideas.
    01-07-15 07:56 AM
    Attachment 317878

Ladies and Gents,

owning a BlackBerry is mostly or getting things done. Many hipsters and young people these days, aren't aware or respecting a great fountain pen and a FiloFax!

Now guess what! I am a proud FiloFax user! I love the combination of digital and writing stuff on paper. When you out of power and your device says good-bye, you always can rely on your trusty FiloFax! Adress, calendar, notes, etc! It is a pure pleasure! Don't rely only on your electronic device.

I also have a fountain pen from Waterman! It is a pleasure to write on it! Checking my appointments and to-do's on a FiloFax are a pure joy.

I also have seen successful people, CEO or even on TV using a trusty FiloFax. Yes, even in these digital tech times, nothing beats a FiloFax. As a professional I can confirm that the best way to organize your life is still a paper based planner and this will probably never change. Smartphones are great for storing thousands of contacts or calendar entries. But there is nothing like writing down your personal vision and goals with a nice pen and then track your progress in a Filofax (or similar product) or personalize it to suit your needs.

While a smartphone makes you more efficient, a Filofax makes you more effective.

Life is analog.

So, any CB-users with a FiloFax here?
    I agree that pen and paper is the most reliable. But it isn't real time planning. When I put a calender entry in my  it is there instantly and synced to my outlook.com calender for all those I share it with to see.

Writing in fine paper with an exquisite pen just can't be beat. It's a wonderful feeling. Enjoy it and enjoy your 

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:06 AM
    I have a Z10 that I use for connectivity and taking short notes (often with pictures).
    But at the end of the day I must make everything visual for myself by writing it down.
    Also for designing courses, lessons and working out all kinds of plans I prefer to write and sketch on paper.
    Therefore I use a Succes Agenda A5 (equivalent of Filofax).
    I do have a fountain pen (Schaefer) but rather use my Rotring mechanical pencil. Things often change on short term and I prefer to erase and write again instead of scratching and scribbling.

Getting things done: BlackBerry and Filofax-img_20141228_205558.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:31 AM
39 12