Not yet you mean . My point was that carriers track your location already, why would you be surprised that the companies who create the OS on your phone do the same.
    Facebook is completely irrelevant to this conversation so I don't know why you mentioned it. Although I suppose before long they might as well have a phone and/or cell network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 02:56 AM
    I don't like it, but it's not illegal, and shouldn't be surprising.

04-26-11 02:58 AM
    *puts on tinfoil hat*

There... I'z safe now.

Sky net is self aware, the government is tracking everyone and Google is concerned about what strip bar I was at.. Yayy!
    04-26-11 03:37 AM
    Not yet you mean . My point was that carriers track your location already, why would you be surprised that the companies who create the OS on your phone do the same.
    Facebook is completely irrelevant to this conversation so I don't know why you mentioned it. Although I suppose before long they might as well have a phone and/or cell network.

Lol, it's a little different with carriers, they provide you the service and they need to know where you are to give you that service. They need to know what cell tower you're using to direct your calls there. It's absolutely not the same thing.

04-26-11 04:57 AM
    I found the research fascinating.
    04-26-11 06:41 AM
    @Bla1ze - where can I buy one?

@belfast - that's not true at all. The phone finds the towers on it's own, the only way a carrier can use tracking data is to make future infrastructure changes. All that is automated, they certainly don't need to retain that information.

04-26-11 10:15 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD