Don't see the need for these posts go who cares.. If you think the z10 sucks if your going iphone it's way worse..

The HTC flop is just that and being heavily promoted to try to get people to buy it..

Z10 isn't that bad plenty of ways to conserve the juice.

I'd sooner buy a bigger battery then use the cluster f called android.
    03-27-14 12:03 AM
    My Z10 Battery will only last 4 hours with moderate to heavy usage after the 10.2 update. I don't blame you for dumping your Z10 until BlackBerry steps up with a better phone with battery saving features.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:46 AM
    Oh no! not another one of these threads! OMG. OP I have to use the loo now, hey everyone I'm going to take a dump now! Smh. I have the Z10 and Z30 yes the battery life on the Z10 sucks we all know that, however the device works great! The IOS that I also have has battery issues as well. I don't go posting that I'm returning it. I just do it and move on!

Posted via CB10
    Posted this to see if others returned the device for this reason as well. If you want to continue to be a **** you can kindly **** off

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and hastings101 like this.
    03-27-14 12:47 AM
    Don't see the need for these posts go who cares.. If you think the z10 sucks if your going iphone it's way worse..

The HTC flop is just that and being heavily promoted to try to get people to buy it..

Z10 isn't that bad plenty of ways to conserve the juice.

I'd sooner buy a bigger battery then use the cluster f called android.
    Cool story bro. Want to try and contribute something than stupid drivel? As stated before I posted to see if others got rid of it for the same reason

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Rello like this.
    03-27-14 12:50 AM
    Battery combo pack.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    robk312 likes this.
    03-27-14 12:51 AM
    Simple. The answer is in your own post.
    User error. You went against your own grain, that's all.
    Good Luck!
    Perhaps the android part wasn't needed since that doesn't really matter as I can install android apps on the z10. By the android user thing I meant that those always have better specs. Better screens, processors, speakers, etc. I love the OS. So the whole going against the grain thing is true but it didn't result in a bad outcome of wise. Just battery wise

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:53 AM
    Posted this to see if others returned the device for this reason as well. If you want to continue to be a **** you can kindly **** off
    I believe the problem is as pointed out in the post you just quoted.
    There are already plenty of existing threads pertaining to these same exact feelings about the same exact issue.
    There's not reason to start a new thread about issues already being discussed.
    03-27-14 12:54 AM
    There are already plenty of existing threads pertaining to these same exact feelings about the same exact issue.
    Looks like OP joined crackberry very recently. So I would cut him some slack. At least it is not one of those sales rep threads.
    Rello likes this.
    03-27-14 12:58 AM
    Perhaps the android part wasn't needed since that doesn't really matter as I can install android apps on the z10. By the android user thing I meant that those always have better specs. Better screens, processors, speakers, etc. I love the OS. So the whole going against the grain thing is true but it didn't result in a bad outcome of wise. Just battery wise
    Well, I never mentioned anything about "wise".
    I just meant that you purchased a device that wasn't suitable for you and your needs.
    But since you just did mention it after all, do you think it was a "wise" choice to purchase a BlackBerry?
    Didn't really think to look for other posts pertaining to this issue. Plus I never posted a thread before so I figured why not lol

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    I would think that before you made your purchase that you would have read about the battery life issue on the Z10. If anyone does a little homework they would have known it was not the best and yes its just as bad on IOS7, just didn't think that you needed this post. Despite the abysmal battery life the device is fine. And no I didn't return mine. I don't think also that using foul language to respond was necessary either but hey whatever. Enjoy your new device.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:59 AM
    Well, I never mentioned anything about "wise".
    I just meant that you purchased a device that wasn't suitable for you and your needs.
    But since you just did mention it after all, do you think it was a "wise" choice to purchase a BlackBerry?
    Yea man I love it besides the battery like I said. But you know at the same time I miss the features my One had.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:01 AM
    Looks like OP joined crackberry very recently. So I would cut him some slack. At least it is not one of those sales rep threads.
    He already knows that he's an Android type of person, so buying a BlackBerry would not be a good choice.
    But aside from that I did not make the post in question. I just pointed out what the other poster was saying...
    There are already enough threads on this subject where the OP can find other like minded individuals.
    03-27-14 01:02 AM
    I would think that before you made your purchase that you would have read about the battery life issue on the Z10. If anyone does a little homework they would have known it was not the best and yes its just as bad on IOS7, just didn't think that you needed this post. Despite the abysmal battery life the device is fine. And no I didn't return mine. I don't think also that using foul language to respond was necessary either but hey whatever. Enjoy your new device.

Posted via CB10
    I did do research. Unfortunately once I got it in my hands it was worse that I read about

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-27-14 01:03 AM
    Yea man I love it besides the battery like I said. But you know at the same time I miss the features my One had.
    Well, I've seen some users that have provided several solutions to your dilemma, but you were strongly put off by them.
    What more can anyone do except to wish you luck with the device that you truly long for in your heart and provides what you need?
    03-27-14 01:06 AM
    I did do research. Unfortunately once I got it in my hands it was worse that I read about
    Too funny! Gotta love it...
    03-27-14 01:08 AM
    Yea nothing really I can do besides get the M8. However I will def be going back to BlackBerry once they amp up the specs and such.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:08 AM
    Yea nothing really I can do besides get the M8. However I will def be going back to BlackBerry once they amp up the specs and such.
    Whatever you ultimately decide, I wish you good luck in your endeavors....
    Nicholas Kathrein likes this.
    03-27-14 01:14 AM
    For one reason and one reason only. Battery life. Terrible battery life. I know I can buy an extended battery but doing that will bulk the phone up and I don't want that. Ducks because I love it but battery life blows

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how you use your device or which settings you have, but the Z10 can have a good battery life.
    Sure, if you are hardcore user, play lots of games or use it heavly for medias like YouTube, videos or internet browsing you can suck down the battery under a hand full of hours.
    Therefor the Z30 is the better device.

But it is still possible to keep it running for over 15-20 hours with one charge.

There are some tricks for that like:
    1.) turning down display brightness from maximum to a still acceptable brightness
    2.) set down the display timeout to 20sec. or less
    3.) overview your accouts: Do you really need pushmail for all your accounts? (pushmail sucks a lot of battery)
    4.) Do you always need 4G/LTE on for all the time? (it should only kick in for maximum browsing pleasure or down/uploading big files) - for the rest 3G is totally fine! Or if you just wanna text (messenger or emails without attachments) or having it in your pocket to be available 2G/EDGE even is totally fine.
    5.) Try using WiFi ever you can (it needs a lot less battery power)
    6.) Switch off networks you don't use (like: Bluetooth, WiFi if you are off the Network and NFC)
    7.) Switch off "vibrating" as an Alarm, this also needs a lot of battery.
    8.) Switch off Blackberry Link via WiFi if you don't use it.
    9.) Control your gmail (or other services) that synchronise your calender and contact data online. Often it's set to synchronise every 30min., if you don't change your data that often set it down to 4hours or even manually. This will save you a lot of battery.
    10.) In the settings for Location services only set "Location Services" to on and switch the rest to "off".
    11.) while sleeping or don't have any reception use "Airplane Mode" (or Beside Mode with Airplane Mode)

This are some tricks to Keep your Z10 running for a lot longer.

But Keep in mind, the Z10 is a very powerful device, with a very powerful display and a 1800mAh is not the biggest battery - there are some physics you can't jump over and it is also the first generation of the OS10 devices.

If there battery won't last ong enough for you after that tricks, you should jump to the Z30 or so.
    03-27-14 05:26 AM
    No word of a lie. I get amazing battery life on my z10. Way and i mean way better then my iphone 5.

I can easily make it through a day and i am a very heavy user, tons of emails, text, bbm and surfing.
    03-27-14 05:44 AM
    Z30. Way better battery

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:52 AM
    I have had the Z10 for about a month. I don't see the issue with battery life. If anything, it reminds me of the battery life of my 9320; I always have enough when I need it the most.

*shrugs*
    03-27-14 06:59 AM
    No word of a lie. I get amazing battery life on my z10. Way and i mean way better then my iphone 5.

I can easily make it through a day and i am a very heavy user, tons of emails, text, bbm and surfing.
    What's heavy use to you might not be heavy usage to someone else. I make a ton of phone calls, emails, some browsing, lots of texts.

My Z10 is off the charger at 7am and it will be dead at 11am if I don't charge it.
    MADBRADNYC and Rello like this.
    03-27-14 07:42 AM
    What's heavy use to you might not be heavy usage to someone else. I make a ton of phone calls, emails, some browsing, lots of texts.

My Z10 is off the charger at 7am and it will be dead at 11am if I don't charge it.
    So much-This!
    I have so many apps running headless, weather apps, GPS, WiFi, and all of the above mentioned in this post that if I didn't have chargers everywhere I would be lost.
    I also don't subscribe to the thought that I should not use or turn of all these services that make a smartphone a smartphone.
    If I wanted that, I would get a feature flip phone.

YMMV
    donnation and Rello like this.
    03-27-14 08:00 AM
    So much-This!
    I have so many apps running headless, weather apps, GPS, WiFi, and all of the above mentioned in this post that if I didn't have chargers everywhere I would be lost.
    I also don't subscribe to the thought that I should not use or turn of all these services that make a smartphone a smartphone.
    If I waned that, I would get a feature flip phone.

YMMV
    Yeah it's too bad too. I actually prefer the build and size of the Z10 over the Z30 (not to mention that I'm with AT&T and don't get LTE all the time with my unlocked Z30). The Z10 just feels sturdier to me, especially the side buttons which I absolutely hate on the Z30 (impossible to pocket the phone while using a Bluetooth headset or headphones because the buttons are too sensitive).

The Z10 would be my daily if the battery life was better and I won't carry an extra battery with me. As I said above it's just something else to carry. I know people will disagree with me on this, but I get waaaay better battery life on my 5S, and the 5S charges in half the time that my Z10 does.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-27-14 08:07 AM
70 123