Any advice? I've read that most Verizon reps try to push a certain plan on a new customer, and that unknown to newbies, there are cheaper plans available.

What's the deal?

I just want to be prepared before I go and get the right plan for me.
    07-13-09 07:55 PM
    Just be sure to get the $30 personal BlackBerry Plan and not the $45 BES plan.

And don't worry, even if you somehow get the wrong one, you can easily have it changed.

Oh, and don't believe everything you read.
    07-13-09 07:58 PM
    You need the BIS plan if this is for you personal emails. $29.99, the rest is up to you. As in, how many minutes you want, txt, etc.. Also, most reps will ask you what plan you want and explain them to you before you sign a contract. If you sign the contract it means you understand it and agree to it. So don't be afraid to ask the rep questions.
    07-13-09 07:59 PM
    With Verizon you cannot repeat cannot buy a BlackBerry without a data plan. They will not try to sell you the more expensive BES plan ubless ypu're setting up a coroporate account. Other carriers do not enforce the purchase of a data plan but the question would be why you'd have a BlackBerry without one :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:27 PM
    the 30 dollar one is the one you need.. even if it wasnt required it still would be smart to do it... your blackberry can be used to full potential
    07-13-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD