Is anybody else getting a little tired of all the priv talk? CrackBerry is full of nothing but stuff about the priv. All the threads are will you won't you. Maybe it's just me.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:21 PM
    I guess we could all talk about the new BB10 device.... Oh, wait.....
    11-19-15 09:27 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is like the wife who bore the children but ended up being dumped for the trophy wife, namely Priv driven by Android.

For me, CrackBerry has become tiresome with its nonstop Priv this, Priv that.

Apparently Android Central is inadequate for BlackBerry 10 users jumping to Android.

Forcing myself to follow the many discussions, I am increasingly convinced that the true 'BlackBerry Experience' has not been replicated on the Priv.

I will remain on BlackBerry 10 for the foreseeable future!

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition driven by 10.3.2.2789 on T-Mobile
    11-19-15 09:50 PM
    Usually what happens when a new BlackBerry phones comes out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-19-15 09:52 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is like the wife who bore the children but ended up being dumped for the trophy wife, namely Priv driven by Android.
    By "children" do you mean billions in losses and years of lost time sliding into market irrelevancy?

Tough kids.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-15 09:53 PM
    Tell me about it ... BB 10 discussion is completely moribund. This is just another generic Android joint with a BlackBerry logo slapped on top.
    acovey and Asvertus like this.
    11-19-15 09:54 PM
    The billions in losses can be attributed to BlackBerry not fully understanding the gem they developed in BlackBerry 10, deploying it prematurely, and not properly laying adequate developer foundations.

BlackBerry was simply scared away from pursuing BlackBerry 10 much like HP ran away from webOS.

They are now seeking shelter within the mediocrity of Android strictly as a phone OS. I have no issue with Android's excellent ecosystem.

11-19-15 10:00 PM
    There isn't a lot going on otherwise, and for the most part Priv threads get moved to its specified folder..

It's the only new phone in the last while, all the others got their glory, it's even starting to slow down in terms of Priv talk.

Faithful crackberry users should not have to go to android central to discuss the Priv, it is still a BlackBerry phone and many of us enjoy the discussions of crackberry and do not necessarily want to go to android central where we are all unknown and are unfamiliar with other posters.

Just because the Priv hasn't landed in your hands or you are not interested in it does not mean you need to rain on our parade. Many of us still wish it was BB10 but this is the reality of the current situation, so let us enjoy our new BlackBerry phone and discuss it in a BlackBerry forum...
    I too wish people would stop complaining about it for various reasons (especially those who did not give it a fair break in period) but there is no reason to tell people to leave and discuss it elsewhere.

powereds and medic22003 like this.
    11-19-15 10:16 PM
    The billions in losses can be attributed to BlackBerry not fully understanding the gem they developed in BlackBerry 10, deploying it prematurely, and not properly laying adequate developer foundations.
    Prematurely? Gosh, it was already extremely late. 6 more months and they wouldn't have even gotten developers to show up at all. As it is they had to pay for our travel to BBJam and hotels. They couldn't have been even later.

Hubris has been a big part of the BB story. They always have overestimated what they have had (including with BB10). That's really what cost them a lot. I can't think of many cases where BB underestimated themselves. That seems to be not part of the culture up there.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 11-19-15 at 10:43 PM.
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-19-15 10:24 PM
    Prematurely? Gosh, it was already extremely late. 6 more months and they wouldn't have even gotten developers to show up at all. As it is they had to pay for our travel to BBJam and hotels. They couldn't have been even later.

Hubris has been a big part of the BB story. They always have overestimated what they have had (including with BB10). That's really what cost them a lot.
    Yes! Premature!

It was so late a a couple more months maybe would have spared the seemingly irreversible loss of credibility.

11-19-15 10:34 PM
    Usually what happens when a new BlackBerry phones comes out.

Exactly. It has been that way forever for every new device. It was just passport passport passport.
    11-19-15 10:38 PM
    Yes! Premature!

It was so late a a couple more months maybe would have spared the seemingly irreversible loss of credibility.
    Yeah, if it were just a couple months I would agree. When we attended the Orlando event, my developers said the Dev alpha A they got was running almost straight Playbook build. They hadn't even changed the font sizes yet from the playbook (so setup screens and setting were unreadable on the new device).

That event shouldn't have happened like that. Either they should have gotten their act together and had a solid build to hand out. Or they shouldn't have had the event.

Anyway, old news now. Android is the next chapter for them now. Let's hope that works out better.
    11-19-15 10:59 PM
    It's a Blackberry phone. Dont come to a Blackberry site if you dont want to hear about Blackberry devices
    11-19-15 11:03 PM
    It's a Blackberry phone. Dont come to a Blackberry site if you dont want to hear about Blackberry devices
    NO it's an Android phone with a Blackberry label slapped on it.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-19-15 11:55 PM
    NO it's an Android phone with a Blackberry label slapped on it.
    That's still a Blackberry phone genius
    11-19-15 11:57 PM
    Exactly, don't see the point of this rant .

11-20-15 12:02 AM
    That's still a Blackberry phone genius
    You define Blackberry your way and I will define it my way, (notice no smart remark at the end of my reply)
    11-20-15 12:04 AM
    The Priv is an android BB and therefor belongs on Android Central. It should be treated the same way apple and windows are treated. They have their respective forums. No one forced you to buy android, but you did. So now you need to hang with the androidians. Just saying.
    Asvertus and Q10Bold like this.
    11-20-15 12:06 AM
    You define Blackberry your way and I will define it my way, (notice no smart remark at the end of my reply)
    I noticed and i apologise for my earlier one.

It's made by Blackberry so is a blackberry device. This is a Blackberry site so covers Blackberry devices. You may not see it that way, which is fair enough, but that is what it is
    11-20-15 12:07 AM
    The Priv is an android BB and therefor belongs on Android Central. It should be treated the same way apple and windows are treated. They have their respective forums. No one forced you to buy android, but you did. So now you need to hang with the androidians. Just saying.
    Made by Blackberry
    Isnt Crackberry "for all things Blackberry"
    Looks like you may have to deal with it
    11-20-15 12:08 AM
    There's always the Blackberry 10 OS forums for focused Blackberry OS talk
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-20-15 12:12 AM
    Is anybody else getting a little tired of all the priv talk? CrackBerry is full of nothing but stuff about the priv. All the threads are will you won't you. Maybe it's just me.

Posted via CB10
    You guys do know there are entire areas dedicated to BB10 and BBOS. You could always start a new thread with a new topic if you can't find something interesting to read
    Tell me about it ... BB 10 discussion is completely moribund. This is just another generic Android joint with a BlackBerry logo slapped on top.
    11-20-15 12:15 AM
    Made by Blackberry
    Isnt Crackberry "for all things Blackberry"
    Looks like you may have to deal with it
    We are still talking about phones? It's not about you or me.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-20-15 12:19 AM
    We are still talking about phones? It's not about you or me.
    Hey you're the one telling people where to hang!
    11-20-15 12:27 AM
    BlackBerry was simply scared away from pursuing BlackBerry 10 much like HP ran away from webOS.
    HP was actively trying to dispose of webOS. Different situations.
    11-20-15 12:32 AM
36 12