Hi everyone,

Just got my 9700. I installed opera as most forums say it's the best browser for the bold.

However, I have been using Bolt today via wifi and the results are brilliant, both for speed and rendering of pages.

Has there maybe been a new release? I am confused as to why so many people are reticent to use it...

I'd be interested to know your thoughts. Maybe I am missing something in my understanding of this...
    01-17-10 06:46 AM
    A lot of people prefer Bolt to Opera Mini. I do for sure. I don't like the new OM that much. Bolt just released v1.62 a couple weeks ago.
    01-17-10 07:16 AM
    I'm totally in, Bolt speed on wifi is incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 07:24 AM
    Bolt speed and overall function is a wonder indeed. The only drawback is failure to update fast changing sites such as CB forums.

01-17-10 08:48 AM
    I just downloaded Bolt v1.62 and unless my settings are wrong,my BB browser is still faster than Bolt. I do like Bolt better than Opera though
    01-17-10 08:52 AM
    Thanks! So I wasn't going mad!

From what I can see, the only two downsides of Bolt are:
    No shortcut key for zooming in and out - and even on the maximum zoom the text looks a little small on the 9700.

Also, I suspect OM will be better where I only have a 2g connection as the pages are less heavy.

By the way, do any of you know if there is a way of Bolt automatically switching from WiFi to mobile network if I am no longer in range of my wifi? It seems the only way to do this is to close the programme and re-open it. Am I right in thinking this?

Thanks again for replying...
    01-17-10 08:53 AM
    Anything is fast on wifi, take that away and Bolt is the slowest of the three available browser for BB.
    01-17-10 09:25 AM
    Anything is fast on wifi, take that away and Bolt is the slowest of the three available browser for BB.
    Yes, on my home WiFi the RIM browser is VERY fast, and OM is about the same. I have a wireless N router if it matters.

I REALLY like the way the 9700 picks up the network as I pull in the driveway and auto switchs over from 3g. Neat.
    01-17-10 09:38 AM
    I have been using the OM,now i'll try the Bolt for sure.
    01-17-10 11:18 AM
    the BB browser seems very clunky to me, even on Wifi. It is slow to render pages, even when all the data has been downloaded. It also doesn't always seem to render the pages as they were intended. Is there a magical setting I am missing? It just doesn't seem smooth to me...
    01-17-10 11:59 AM
    the BB browser seems very clunky to me, even on Wifi. It is slow to render pages, even when all the data has been downloaded. It also doesn't always seem to render the pages as they were intended. Is there a magical setting I am missing? It just doesn't seem smooth to me...
    There's not much you can do to make it faster. Out of all mobile browsers Blackberry browser comes in last in speed and performance.

01-17-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD