I think this may be solved with 10.2. I had a client call last night during dinner. I told him I'd txt him my email and send me details. So his number was his cell. Under my old bold I'd click BlackBerry button and select text, BANG sent a text. Now it's, oh write the number down. Find the text Window type in the number and send. This is crazy. Every phone has the "right click" and select "call", "text" "email" etc. Why didn't BlackBerry put this in on first try?
    Also yesterday I was at a clients doin an invoice, what's the date? On the bold it's right there on home screen. Not on Q10. It's automatically populated with tiles. Can't we have a home screen, we can see our wallpaper of our kids, mountains, etc withe the time and date?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:46 AM
    Wallpaper changed HD puts the date, battery % and weather amongst other things on the home screen

Ooh and yes I am on 10.2 and i can select a phone number and get an option to txt, call, etc
    08-09-13 10:50 AM
    Wallpaper changed HD puts the date, battery % and weather amongst other things on the home screen

Ooh and yes I am on 10.2 and i can select a phone number and get an option to txt, call, etc
    if you hit search and type call so and so it works too
    08-09-13 10:55 AM
    I'm on 10.1 MR on my Z10 and when I select View Call Details, the option to call or text the number comes up. It's quick.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:03 AM
    If you have the person's info saved you should be able to type "text joe....." and the info come up, click on that and type. One of the features I like.
    08-09-13 11:37 AM
    If you long-hold on his number, just 'copy' it....go to compose text and 'paste' it . . .
    It could be done easier and will hopefully be fixed, but this can't be happening so frequently that it's a huge time waster.
    08-09-13 01:02 PM
    Hold the number. Click the"i" symbol and this option pops up.

A lot of people don't like going thru lots of options though.they want it instant. this is the best OS for me so far.

Getting frustrated-img_00000129.png

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:15 PM
    I'm on 10.1 btw

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:16 PM
    Using the Q10 so far I only see one advantage, Skype. I am a diehard BlackBerry user/fan. I have had 4 BlackBerry before, have a PlayBook and a BlackBerry bluetooth. I just see no real benefits of BB10 so far. It is extremely frustrating to email, check messages, there's no convince buttons (like on the side for camera or voice commands). It seems like there's a couple extra steps for everything. The availability of my fav apps is next to nil. Don't know how many times I've tought about going back to my Bold but of course there are different SIM cards. Should I just wait for the official release of 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:45 PM
    Um the time and date are on your home screen. Basically if you want to see it hit the lock/unlock button on top of your phone. Don't swipe up to open it.

That lock acreen/home screen is also where you can see your wallpapers fully.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:51 PM
    Hold the number. Click the"i" symbol and this option pops up.

A lot of people don't like going thru lots of options though.they want it instant. this is the best OS for me so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000129.png 
Views:	405 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	191120

Posted via CB10
    I don't expect instant, but I do expect the same number of steps as bbos or less.

No one has shown me one thing that is faster and less complicated on bb10 than legacy bbos
    08-09-13 10:58 PM
    For the record, I use both daily. A Z for media consumption and a 9850 running 7.1 for work
    08-09-13 10:59 PM
    There's no home view. In the Bold you could minimize everything so nothing showed or just a row at the bottom. Click the time and a drop down menu shows up. So much easier. Wish there was a track pad. It's very difficult to move a curser in a text or email.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:58 PM
    Also just noticed I cant just hold text a tweet, there's another step. I don't like this "hold" thing, needs a BlackBerry button like before

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:58 AM
    Sadly you need to get used to it. was it ever easy on IOS and Android? Touch Operating systems are always this complicated Imo.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:34 AM