Money is not an issue.

Which phone is currently considered the "best" overall? Or do they each have special features?
    01-23-11 09:48 PM
    Really depends on what you're looking for. As a former Blackberry user for 3 years, you have your choice of a flip phone (pearl), touch (storm2...soon storm3), and your physical keyboard phones (curve, bold, torch, etc...)

I moved onto the Windows 7 phone just because I was looking at that phone for a while. I have nothing against BlackBerry or people who still use the phone. It just grew time for me to move on. BlackBerry is still a good phone, so you will grow to love your phone...it will be reliable.

I would look at what you want...physical keyboard, virtual keyboard, etc... and go from there. I had the Storm and Storm2 before leaving.
    01-23-11 09:53 PM
    Money is not an issue.

Which phone is currently considered the "best" overall? Or do they each have special features?
    None is the best, nor do they have any special features.
    01-23-11 09:54 PM
    what is your carrier
    01-23-11 09:55 PM
    Money is not an issue.

Need WAY more information out of you.

Do you have any carrier preferences?
    What country are you in?

Currently I would say the 9800 or the 9780 are competing for which is the Best Blackberry, They have the Newest OS, the most Application memory.

As for "special features" No 1 blackberry has anything the others don't they all share similar characteristics,
    01-23-11 09:57 PM
    I'll be doing a 3 year contract through:

.... uhh cant post links until 10 posts.

telusmobile dot com

Torch?

Edit: and in canada
    01-23-11 09:58 PM
    It's all a matter of personal preference. I went with the Blackberry Pearl 3G 9100 because it didn't have the mini-pint sized keys which BB's have become know for.
    01-23-11 09:59 PM
    torch or bold, depends on the style of phone you want
    01-23-11 10:03 PM
    I'll be doing a 3 year contract through:

.... uhh cant post links until 10 posts.

telusmobile dot com

Torch?

Edit: and in canada
    On Telus your best best Still is between the 9800 (Torch) and 9780 (Bold)
    You have to decide if touch screen is important to you?

Also what drew you to Blackberry?
    01-23-11 10:05 PM
    On Telus your best best Still is between the 9800 (Torch) and 9780 (Bold)
    You have to decide if touch screen is important to you?

Also what drew you to Blackberry?
    I would think that the touch screen would be alot easier to function compared to using the pad on the other ones?

I'm in a business school and it's becoming the norm here to have one. Very good with apps and staying connected (bbm etc)
    01-23-11 10:15 PM
    I would think that the touch screen would be alot easier to function compared to using the pad on the other ones?

I'm in a business school and it's becoming the norm here to have one. Very good with apps and staying connected (bbm etc)
    you really need to look into this part more before getting one. depending on your app needs, BB is slim picking for some
    01-23-11 10:23 PM

You're in business school and most of your contacts use BBM? Money is no object? Go for the Torch. I assume you have an iPod Touch for fun stuff anyway.
    01-23-11 11:09 PM
    I would say a Torch unless your sure you dontnwant a touch ui. In that case I would say a 9700. I think there's a newer Bold I'm not sure. It might be worth checking out if ya considering a Bold. I mentioned the 9700 cause I have one and it was the latest Bold when I was using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 11:52 PM
    Torch or bold depending on your preferance for touchscreen or not.
    Personally I think os6 works better on touch, I have a torch & bold both with os6 & the torch is simpler to use & nore fluid in my opinion.

Trey them both out, & more, at carrier stores to see which you like the feel/hold of when teying to use.

01-24-11 01:46 AM
    Money is not an issue.
    I find it funny how people seem to believe RIM has some mystical sorcery that increases their battery life. I am sure HTC, Motorola, and Samsung could make a device running a small low res screen with a 624 MHz processor that just handles email and texting and has a wap browser for the occasional jaunt to an few optimized mobile web sites that gets 48 hours of battery life.
    Wrong. I've had a Samsung just like that, except it didn't get one day out of its battery.. Could blame WM6 for this but then still, it is something RIM does a lot better!

01-24-11 04:29 AM

being in a Canadian Business school I agree Blackberry is probably still the dominant platform, no Carriers here push any single brand more so than the other brands in TV and Print Marketing, as a result manufacturers reputations are what consumers go by, so RIM and Apple products are most prevalent.

you really need to look into this part more before getting one. depending on your app needs, BB is slim picking for some
    I'm sorry but from a business stand point I've yet to say "man I wish I had an app to do this" MOST of my business needs are covered by Documents to go, RIM's app selection is not large, but when your app purchases can be written off, or money isn't an object RIM isn't lacking in the slightest.
    01-24-11 04:56 AM
    hey i just got off the samsung impression great phone but i need a bb so im getting/bought the 8900 javelin
    01-24-11 05:49 AM
    I'm sorry but from a business stand point I've yet to say "man I wish I had an app to do this" MOST of my business needs are covered by Documents to go, RIM's app selection is not large, but when your app purchases can be written off, or money isn't an object RIM isn't lacking in the slightest.
    That's what the other guys don't seem to understand. I got my BB with everthing on it that I need right out the box. I didn't have to visit the app store to set up my device for shop. Matter of factor all I had to do was put in my email addy. And I was ready to go. With DM's switch devices feature all you have to set up is one device.

01-24-11 07:00 AM
    None is the best, nor do they have any special features.
    Can't a guy come to crackberry and ask about what is the best blackberry as he wants one without you and other android owners to jump in?
    They guy wants the best blackberry his money can buy, can't you just leave it alone?

01-24-11 07:11 AM
    Can't a guy come to crackberry and ask about what is the best blackberry as he wants one without you and other android owners to jump in?
    They guy wants the best blackberry his money can buy, can't you just leave it alone?
    Nope. Those days are long gone. Its unconceiveable to them that someone would even want a BB

01-24-11 07:32 AM
    Bold 9780 or Torch. Those are the best blackberries.

If money is not an issue, you do not want a Curve/Curve 3G and Storm well most would advise against it...
    01-24-11 10:27 AM
    Why do you say this about the Curve 3G? I thought most people who had one, liked it.

If money is not an issue, you do not want a Curve/Curve 3G and Storm well most would advise against it...
    01-24-11 10:56 AM

Couldn't disagree more. I've had both and both are solid...I happen to love my storm 2. I know some have problems with theirs, but I've had nothing but good times with this device. Same could be said for the curve.
    01-24-11 11:06 AM
    Why do you say this about the Curve 3G? I thought most people who had one, liked it.
    He is not a Fan of Blackberry's in general, and returned his Curve 3G before grasping the basic short cut functionality.

BUT I don't completely disagree, I like my Curve 3G Far less than I liked my Curve 8330, though I am impressed my curve fell behind my sofa and I didn't need it as I was off work for the week so I left it, after 1 day of light moderate usage it sat on Standby behind the sofa for the 7 days still receiving the 744 emails I got that week, sure the second I turned on the screen it gave me a battery warning, and before plugging it in the radio turned off, but I was very impressed with the standby my torch doesn't come close, 1 day of use, and one weekend left in the car and I come out to it being dead.

The Curve 3G has a sub par Camera, and lack of flash is very limiting, if you like the chicklet keyboard then it is nice, I am not a big fan of the chicklet style, on a smartphone, nor on a PC.

All that said you really need to pick one up and try it, though compared to the Torch, it doesn't even come close.
    01-24-11 11:17 AM
    That's what the other guys don't seem to understand. I got my BB with everthing on it that I need right out the box. I didn't have to visit the app store to set up my device for shop. Matter of factor all I had to do was put in my email addy. And I was ready to go. With DM's switch devices feature all you have to set up is one device.

Every decent smartphone comes with that stuff pre-installed.

What make an app store isn't necessarily the apps that duplicate obvious functionality bundled into the handset. It's the stuff that isn't bundled and particularly the star applications that are exclusive to that app store.

My Galaxy S came with a full version of ThinkFree installed by default. I wouldn't care about Documents to Go even if it was free - and once upon a time it was an excessively expensive applications, BTW... Competition has forced them to drop their prices into the ground in the past year and a half or so. They even abandoned WebOS because of QuickOffice competition.

Apple has a lot of exclusives. RIM does not. Android has more useful applications, even though most of its app store is filled with useless crap. Game developers seem to be picking up on WP7 nicely, probably because the development environment is so good...

The problem with App World isn't necessarily how many apps they have (that doesn't matter, Quality trumps Quantity). It's that they have nothing really good that's exclusive to them and the apps they do have which are available on other platforms are simply tons better on those other platforms.

That being said, there are great apps available (or in beta) for iOS/BB that aren't available on WP7/Android, so the pendulum swings both ways.

I just don't think obvious apps preloaded into even mid-range phones are a big deal.

It's like push email... It's good and all, but there are feature phones that come preloaded with Seven's software and it pushes email just as well as BIS - better when you factor in the lack of Truncations and the HTML Email displaying properly on the handset...
    01-24-11 11:25 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD