I have had my Pearl for a few months now and now I am about to throw the thing through a window. I am not getting text messages, emails, and it keeps locking up on me. I have reset the phone many times within the past week just to get it to work again. I have not changes any setting since i got it and the people at Verizon tell me there is nothing wrong with it. I will have perfect signal and wont be able to connect to the net. I use my phone for work so it becomes an issue when I have to reset it and wait for it to come back on. Any Clue as to whats going on?

I am due for an upgrade next month and i am pondering the motoQ or the curve. I dont know if I want to stay with a blackberry and possibly go through the same problems. But in the same aspect, I have heard there are problems with windows mobile.

If anyone has any insight or ideas I would greatly apprciate it. I am getting really annoyed and I am slowly loosing faith in my Pearl.
    09-05-08 09:31 PM
    can you go to options > status and tell us what the file free # is?
    09-05-08 09:34 PM
    file free is 7722395
    09-05-08 09:35 PM
    Try resending the service books through Verizons BIS site.
    09-05-08 09:36 PM
    service books have been sent many times and that still doesnt resolve the issue. that was one of the first things I did.
    09-05-08 09:38 PM
    file free is 7722395

Youe memory is extremly low. That is probably your issue. Messages will self delete when memory is low. Check out the link on my signature for Optimizing your Memory and that will definately help.
    09-05-08 09:42 PM
    "file free is 7722395"

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Try this. File Free needs to be greater than 15000000, if i am remembering correctly.
    09-05-08 09:44 PM
    your file free memory is low.. that's the beginning and end of your problem.
    Try these links >
    The Artist formerly Known as Stoner
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

bah, that's what I get for getting fancy with a stoner....
    09-05-08 09:46 PM
    Thank you for everyones help. I am blown away from the quickness of the response I got from everyone. I did a few of the steps and now file free is, 13452939. Hopefully this will work and all problems will be solved. If so...looks like I am going with the curve! Thanks again for all your help and I will repost to let you know if it did work or if it keeps messing up.
    09-05-08 10:10 PM
    Just as a minor warning, your memory is good but very close
    to the 12,xxx,xxx threshold where you will start running into
    issues again, so your problem is not quite "solved".

Again check some of the previously posted links in this thread
    and try to follow some of the recommendations

Welcome to CrackBerry, my fellow CT'er
    09-05-08 10:20 PM
    Thank you for everyones help. I am blown away from the quickness of the response I got from everyone. I did a few of the steps and now file free is, 13452939. Hopefully this will work and all problems will be solved. If so...looks like I am going with the curve! Thanks again for all your help and I will repost to let you know if it did work or if it keeps messing up.
    It is hard to believe how memory can really affect these devices. I am very happy with my Curve, but I do go through a daily routine of freeing memory that gets tied up over a day or so. I clear my cache and phone log, then do a reset -- you need a program for your Pearl to reset, but I think a battery pull will work for you if you use it sparingly. To clear your browser cache (if pearls are the same as curves ) press your menu key while in your browser, click options, click cache operations, click clear cache.

I think the biggest thing is to close properly -- menu, roll to click close. Now taking a hard look at your programs and deleting the ones you rarely use can really help you keep a minimum amount of memory free. Good luck!
    Last edited by exelant; 09-05-08 at 10:39 PM.
    09-05-08 10:26 PM

I am blown away with emotion, plus a healty amount of Beer.

Thank you.
    09-05-08 11:16 PM
    I am blown away with emotion, plus a healty amount of Beer.

Thank you.

It is probably the big E word that caused it. The word empoyment. You would be surprised how often Companies snoop on potential employees.
    09-05-08 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD