Have you used the Z10?
    02-09-13 04:18 PM
    I have advocated BB to just go with Android OS for the longest time ever... But crackberry ppl always made a fool of me
    Really. By the way, I noticed in another thread you wrote this:

I dont have faith in Americans anymore..
    So we're clear, you don't have faith in Americans, yet you think BlackBerry should adopt the OS developed by an American company? I'm sure I missed something somewhere, because I can't make any sense out of your conflicting positions.
    02-09-13 05:23 PM
    Under Google ownership (but not management) Motorola has released some pretty compelling phones with the Droid RAZR Max and RAZR HD. They're also supposed to release the supposed Samsung-beating X Phone and X tablet this year.

Second, to claim that Android is some sort of roadblock to mobile innovation suggests that you reside firmly within the Crackberry reality distortion field. To aim that companies putting out Android phones are lazy and have no direction, in the same paragraph that you claim that QNX, the OS that apparently iterates at once every 2 years, is the superior option, is ridiculous.

Let me know when QNX supports pressure sensitive Wacom pens for productivity work or when a country's military gives BB a fat contract to develop recon intelligence apps on it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    This hilarous what am I reading here.

QNX is 30 years old its probably older than yourself.It does'nt rely on multiple bull**** updates that no one actually knows what was updated.It is a 30 year old OS that is stable something cyborg will never be.Look at the bit about working with military it could if it wanted probably is being used by military but they would'nt put that info out now would they.

You sounding clueless.Are you delusionally trying to compare cyborg to QNX ?? Its no contest QNX Fawless victory.QNX is in your life everyday its helping run the internet right now.READ THE LINK WELL

30 Ways QNX Touches Your Life
    We got boats,planes,cars,spaceships,trains,machinery.You still want talk about pens,military and QNX being lazy??

Having only 2 options will not breath creativity and future innovation its gonna stagnate and lead to poor dependency.I would'nt say cyborg is roadblock in mobile innovation just another player.As for these oems they are lazy its quick dash to the cash on something they dont have to pay for.Sad thing for them google can pull the plug at any given time they are not in control that is just poor being heavily reliant on others.

Anyway can't believe this guy trying to compare cyborg to QNX.Pens and military I dont think he knew
    02-09-13 06:10 PM

QNX is 30 years old its probably older than yourself.It does'nt rely on multiple bull**** updates that no one actually knows what was updated.It is a 30 year old OS that is stable something cyborg will never be.Look at the bit about working with military it could if it wanted probably is being used by military but they would'nt put that info out now would they.

You sounding clueless.Are you delusionally trying to compare cyborg to QNX ?? Its no contest QNX Fawless victory.QNX is in your life everyday its helping run the internet right now.READ THE LINK WELL

We got boats,planes,cars,spaceships,trains,machinery.You still want talk about pens,military and QNX being lazy??

Having only 2 options will not breath creativity and future innovation its gonna stagnate and lead to poor dependency.I would'nt say cyborg is roadblock in mobile innovation just another player.As for these oems they are lazy its quick dash to the cash on something they dont have to pay for.Sad thing for them google can pull the plug at any given time they are not in control that is just poor being heavily reliant on others.

Anyway can't believe this guy trying to compare cyborg to QNX.Pens and military I dont think he knew
    The age of the OS has nothing to do with how well it can be commercialized. OEMs have tried to shoehorn desktop Windows into ****ty tablets and UMPCs for years. now MS themselves are trying to do it by creating a shared code base among their tablet, phone and desktop environments and have gotten n almost nowhere. You can't create a popular platforms without a hit product. If you could, QNX wouldn't still be languishing in terms of developer interest, even after being on the Playbook after almost 2 years.

02-09-13 07:35 PM
    And they will still continue to do so.
    2013 marks the end of Android.
    Samsung is moving away from Android, WP8 has emerged. BB10 is emerging.

I think some of the reasons Google and BlackBerry hasn't really partnered up is due to one being interested in knowing everything about you so they can advertise stuff to you (google), while the other is all about security. Notice how Android was never really about security. Even Samsung had to come up with their own security suite (S.A.F.E.) to compete with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry also seems to be veering away from Google. The default search is set to Bing, not Google. That might not be saying much, but everyone knows that Google search is the best. At least in North America. So there has to be something that is either swaying them away from Google, or towards Microsoft.
    I got a feeling that using Bing as the default was the only way we would ever see Skype
    02-09-13 07:48 PM
    I got a feeling that using Bing as the default was the only way we would ever see Skype
    That and it would be a quick way of getting cash from MS instead of paying cash to Google.

02-09-13 07:52 PM
    BB should stay well away from Google and its data mining activities.
    yet almost every BB10 owner desperately wants the WhatsApp.
    02-09-13 07:57 PM
    BBRY answered this. they considered it. If they made an Android based phone, they would just be another manufacturer in a highly generated market. By homebreweing their own device, they have differentiation.
    southlander and cjcampbell like this.
    02-09-13 08:16 PM
    BBRY answered this. they considered it. If they made an Android based phone, they would just be another manufacturer in a highly generated market. By homebreweing their own device, they have differentiation.
    I was one who suggested Android way back when. In retrospect, I think BBRY was correct to stay the course.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-09-13 08:28 PM
    I did research, and I know about their single planned but unannounced Tizen phone

I also know about their "Odyssey" and "Focus" Windows phones

I also know about their "Galaxy Nexus", "Galaxy Stellar", "Galaxy Rugby", "Galaxy Stratosphere", "Galaxy Express", "Galaxy Note" series, and "Galaxy S" series Android phones.

Clearly the Android Galaxy Series isn't working for them....
    Google wants part of their profits. Do you think they'll just sit back and become a minor phone manufacturer now? They definitely have some good things going with their Android devices, but what if Google/Motorola start stepping up their game and decide they want a bigger chunk of the dough? Samsung makes more money from Android than Google right now.

Sure, their Android phones are doing well. I never said they weren't and I don't believe anyone else did. But sure, if you want to keep believing that Samsung and Google will have the best of relationships forever then go ahead.

But back on topic, BlackBerry would be wasting all the money they spent on BB10 if they went with Google. They have a great OS now, it just needs lots of polishing and developer commitment. They'll do fine.
    02-09-13 10:30 PM

And i can't believe that you are actually assuming that BB10 is pure QNX, or that BB10 has the pure goodness of QNX. You know whats the greatest fiasco and the worst sh*t stain in the QNX name? the blackberry playbook, that lacked a crapton of features even pure QNX had. Why? because RIM failed to put out a product. I could even have bookmark management with QNX, you dont have that with the PB OS, sad really. Claim all you want about QNX, but BB10 and PB OS are the highly ******** version of it.

A domestic cat can't really get praises because the lion is a badass predator can it? Yep, thats QNX and blackberry.
    02-09-13 10:41 PM
    yet almost every BB10 owner desperately wants the WhatsApp.
    Whatsapp is developed by an independent company with no affiliation with Google. In fact their app was my most used on my BB 9000 and 9700.

02-09-13 11:09 PM
    Whatsapp is developed by an independent company with no affiliation with Google. In fact their app was my most used on my BB 9000 and 9700.

I think he was referring to the security issues swirling around Whatsapp.
    02-09-13 11:12 PM
    Well at least we'll get google maps and whatsapp! Seriously, consumers like me could care less about security
    and there's your answer. consumers are not blackberrys core customer. enterprises and governments are.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 11:20 PM
    The reason why they went with the Android App Player is precisely that issue. The consumers will get what they want (apps) while BB can maintain the security on its OS (Android apps not being able to access enterprise partition, limited access to native API's, etc.). Ideally, Google would put a version of Google maps onto BB10, but the way Google is now....it's unlikely.
    02-10-13 12:00 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have advocated BB to just go with Android OS for the longest time ever... But crackberry ppl always made a fool of me
    for good reason.... BB10 OS is amazing .. better than anything android ...
    02-10-13 12:13 AM
    Sure, their Android phones are doing well. I never said they weren't and I don't believe anyone else did. But sure, if you want to keep believing that Samsung and Google will have the best of relationships forever then go ahead.
    Uh, I believe the response I gave was in reply to a post that said, "2013 will be the end of Android" and that "Samsung is moving away from Android" when the reality is that one of the best selling Android phones out there is about to launch its latest iteration in the year 2013 and is made by Samsung. That statement was insane, and even the most blinded fanboy knows it. Will Android fall? It's possible; after all, market leaders have fallen in less competitive markets (ie BlackBerry, circa 2008). But if you think that's gonna happen in 2013 and that Samsung is going to fast-track the abandonment of the Galaxy line and Android in favor of Tizen based on one phone that may launch in 2013, gimme a break.
    02-10-13 12:31 AM
    Guys I think we may be competition...

I'd this the new 5000?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10

02-10-13 12:37 AM
    Android's here to stay because it's FREE and companies will just make use of it without making it an optimal experience. Without any of the Google services and apps, the core BB10 architecture is >>> Android. The only reason why Android's popular is the cost of the device. Yes, BB has high subscriber numbers because they sold low cost curves all around the world, but it's time BB gets back some of the premium customers.
    02-10-13 12:51 AM
    Sounds like a good way to get a virus.

You mean STD?
    02-10-13 12:54 AM
    i'm not quite sure i understand, the galaxy s3 alone outsells the iphone.

that being said, ubuntu phones look like they have potential to overtake android eventually. that's true open source there, and they will likely be even cheaper.

it's fun times in the mobile industry now, and i don't see a reason to really take sides. saying things like "bb10 os is so much better than anything android is just pure silly. you're entitled to an opinion sure, i just don't see the reason to take sides. i'm going to get a z10, despite the fact i'll be losing a lot of stuff from day to day usage coming from android. maybe i'll keep the z10 maybe i won't. what's the point of brand loyalty? nobody does everything right all the time, and companies make cool new stuff monthly. limiting yourself to one product is mind boggling to me. i'm thinking the z10 will likely be ok to use from day to day, but i could easily see myself getting a phone to put ubuntu on pretty soon afterwards. it's also a gesture based ui, and will have extreme customization ability.
    02-10-13 10:19 AM
    it's fun times in the mobile industry now, and i don't see a reason to really take sides. saying things like "bb10 os is so much better than anything android is just pure silly. you're entitled to an opinion sure, i just don't see the reason to take sides. i'm going to get a z10, despite the fact i'll be losing a lot of stuff from day to day usage coming from android. maybe i'll keep the z10 maybe i won't. what's the point of brand loyalty? nobody does everything right all the time, and companies make cool new stuff monthly. limiting yourself to one product is mind boggling to me. i'm thinking the z10 will likely be ok to use from day to day, but i could easily see myself getting a phone to put ubuntu on pretty soon afterwards. it's also a gesture based ui, and will have extreme customization ability.
    Lots of truth in this paragraph. The thing is, nobody should be writing the eulogies for any of these companies just yet, including BlackBerry (as grim as it has been) and especially not Android and Google. Even if Google is making some questionable decisions at this time (and I'm not even conceding that they are), they are very strong right now. BlackBerry had their market share decimated years ago and they're still here. This is a very young industry. There are millions of potential customers that don't even own smartphones yet. It's difficult to predict just how big it will get, or how many brands the market will support. It's way too early to be selling anyone short at this point.
    02-10-13 11:34 AM
    the core BB10 architecture is >>> Android.
    What do you mean by this?

02-10-13 12:33 PM
    What do you mean by this?

It's the greater than/less than sign from math......... 2>1 ...two is greater than one. So, in this case, BB10 architecture is wayyyy greater than Android (hence the multiple ">"signs).
    02-10-13 04:12 PM
    i'm not quite sure i understand, the galaxy s3 alone outsells the iphone.

that being said, ubuntu phones look like they have potential to overtake android eventually. that's true open source there, and they will likely be even cheaper.

Ubuntu phone is going to have more trouble getting apps than anyone. They've been a minor niche os for years and have never been able to get beyond that. If blackberry and MS struggle this hard to get developers, what chance does ubuntu have?
    Android is moving so fast I already have an ubuntu swipe style sidebar on my android phone, and there's tons of stuff you can put on the notification panel now too.
    02-10-13 06:20 PM
52 123