Why have Google and Blackberry not found a deeper, more strategic partnership? They seem like they could shape a mutually beneficial partnership. Google does not appear to care about he profits associated with Android...they are more concerned about controlling search and advertising. Is that not something BB could give to Google. Agree to load Google Search and all Google services onto BB phones. Attempt to do for Google what Android accomplishes for them, but continue to run your own OS. Google could help BB close its app gap and provide it excellent services people love (Maps). BB could bring Google services to the enterprise and extend the reach of its search engine. Both firms are innovative and so the culture's could mesh as well.
    02-08-13 05:16 PM
    I have advocated BB to just go with Android OS for the longest time ever... But crackberry ppl always made a fool of me
    02-08-13 05:22 PM
    BB should stay well away from Google and its data mining activities.
    02-08-13 05:47 PM
    I have advocated BB to just go with Android OS for the longest time ever... But crackberry ppl always made a fool of me
    Putting Android on a BlackBerry makes about as much sense as hiring a fat guy to guard your refrigerator.... Android is not as awesome as people seem to think it is.
    02-08-13 05:53 PM
    Well at least we'll get google maps and whatsapp! Seriously, consumers like me could care less about security
    02-08-13 05:54 PM
    This is gonna be a fun thread...
    02-08-13 06:04 PM
    Well at least we'll get google maps and whatsapp! Seriously, consumers like me could care less about security
    Well if you want a smartphone and security isn't an issue, get an Android device. BlackBerry has long touted device security as one of their selling points and won't be abandoning that anytime soon.
    02-08-13 06:06 PM
    BB should stay well away from Google and its data mining activities.
    Says the poster who's computer Web browser is ALWAYS set to deny all javascript and cookies. Right?
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-08-13 06:09 PM
    Why have Google and Blackberry not found a deeper, more strategic partnership? They seem like they could shape a mutually beneficial partnership. Google does not appear to care about he profits associated with Android...they are more concerned about controlling search and advertising. Is that not something BB could give to Google. Agree to load Google Search and all Google services onto BB phones. Attempt to do for Google what Android accomplishes for them, but continue to run your own OS. Google could help BB close its app gap and provide it excellent services people love (Maps). BB could bring Google services to the enterprise and extend the reach of its search engine. Both firms are innovative and so the culture's could mesh as well.
    Well not to nitpick, but in this part of the world where Google, Apple, Cisco, FB and bunch of other companies reside, the last word we will use to describe BB is innovative.
    Google has its own agendas and one of them is to facilitate free data flow where they can make money out of it. Any closed platform has the potential to block their services so it doesn't make sense to support them while they have their own dominant platform. They support iOS to the fullest because that is where money is at currently. BB will have to prove itself before Google will bother.
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-08-13 06:11 PM
    Is Google hot?
    Tre Lawrence, Camelhmpz and G-bone like this.
    02-08-13 06:15 PM
    And they will still continue to do so.
    2013 marks the end of Android.
    Samsung is moving away from Android, WP8 has emerged. BB10 is emerging.

I think some of the reasons Google and BlackBerry hasn't really partnered up is due to one being interested in knowing everything about you so they can advertise stuff to you (google), while the other is all about security. Notice how Android was never really about security. Even Samsung had to come up with their own security suite (S.A.F.E.) to compete with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry also seems to be veering away from Google. The default search is set to Bing, not Google. That might not be saying much, but everyone knows that Google search is the best. At least in North America. So there has to be something that is either swaying them away from Google, or towards Microsoft.
    02-08-13 06:16 PM
    Sounds like a good way to get a virus.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-08-13 at 06:32 PM.
    G-bone likes this.
    02-08-13 06:16 PM
    Wonder how long Android geeks will take to root qnx?
    02-08-13 06:23 PM
    QNX or BlackBerry 10?
    southlander likes this.
    02-08-13 06:32 PM
    I think that ship has sailed. Seeing as dingleberry gave up, I believe BBRY has patched it up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-08-13 06:32 PM
    I agree. I have said this in other posts before. The only reason Google even created Android was because iOS was a closed system. Google makes most of its money with search, so they could have made Google the main search and Google Maps the main Maps app, Google Drive the main Cloud App. This partnership would also ensure BB10 would get other top apps like Zagat, Youtube, Orkut, Google Docs, Google+, Gmail, etc
    02-08-13 06:43 PM
    Samsung is moving away from Android, WP8 has emerged. BB10 is emerging.

I think some of the reasons Google and BlackBerry hasn't really partnered up is due to one being interested in knowing everything about you so they can advertise stuff to you (google), while the other is all about security. Notice how Android was never really about security. Even Samsung had to come up with their own security suite (S.A.F.E.) to compete with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry also seems to be veering away from Google. The default search is set to Bing, not Google. That might not be saying much, but everyone knows that Google search is the best. At least in North America. So there has to be something that is either swaying them away from Google, or towards Microsoft.
    What on earth are you even talking about? Samsung moving away from Android? That has tovtake the "most uninformed post" award on Crackberry.

Android dead in 2013? Let me know how that's working out at the end of the year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 07:20 PM
    What you mean like the great motorola partnership??

We dont need any more sheep following the herd we dont need everyone to be the same.We need options, we need newer, different players with different mindset creating new innovation paths and idea's.Jumping on board cyborg is not the way forward its the lousy and lazy cheap option just shows you these companys have no direction.

We'll stick to qnx and not being in anyones pocket.
    G-bone likes this.
    02-09-13 12:45 PM
    I like google docs ,maps,drive,playbook. Thos apps can be created for bb10, but only if google wanted. If google create them for ios why not for wos n bb10?

Posted from My Mobile App
    02-09-13 01:19 PM
    Is Google hot?
    Not really, but Google is easy and cheap...

Samsung is moving away from Android
    Those are some bold statements. The Galaxy S4 is going to be shocked to hear that.
    02-09-13 01:45 PM
    What on earth are you even talking about? Samsung moving away from Android? That has tovtake the "most uninformed post" award on Crackberry.
    Those are some bold statements. The Galaxy S4 is going to be shocked to hear that.
    Uhmm.... where have you guys been? How about getting off your asses and doing a bit of research before putting people down? Sheesh.

Tizen Is The Fulcrum Samsung Can Use Against Android And Google - Forbes
    Samsung to release smartphone based on Tizen OS
    Samsung's secret weapon in the mobile wars: Tizen | Mobile - CNET News
    Samsung To Introduce New Phone OS Later This Year, Called Tizen | UPROXX
    amboy83 likes this.
    02-09-13 02:06 PM
    Samsung has always dabbled into other OSes. The consensus is that Samsung probably won't be leaving their golden goose anytime soon. It has a good thing with Android, and Tizen and bada COMBINED doesn't give Sansung a fraction of the same profitability.
    schmeat and southlander like this.
    02-09-13 02:11 PM
    What you mean like the great motorola partnership??

We dont need any more sheep following the herd we dont need everyone to be the same.We need options, we need newer, different players with different mindset creating new innovation paths and idea's.Jumping on board cyborg is not the way forward its the lousy and lazy cheap option just shows you these companys have no direction.

We'll stick to qnx and not being in anyones pocket.
    Under Google ownership (but not management) Motorola has released some pretty compelling phones with the Droid RAZR Max and RAZR HD. They're also supposed to release the supposed Samsung-beating X Phone and X tablet this year.

Second, to claim that Android is some sort of roadblock to mobile innovation suggests that you reside firmly within the Crackberry reality distortion field. To aim that companies putting out Android phones are lazy and have no direction, in the same paragraph that you claim that QNX, the OS that apparently iterates at once every 2 years, is the superior option, is ridiculous.

Let me know when QNX supports pressure sensitive Wacom pens for productivity work or when a country's military gives BB a fat contract to develop recon intelligence apps on it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 02:14 PM
    Uhmm.... where have you guys been? How about getting off your asses and doing a bit of research before putting people down? Sheesh.
    I did research, and I know about their single planned but unannounced Tizen phone

I also know about their "Odyssey" and "Focus" Windows phones

I also know about their "Galaxy Nexus", "Galaxy Stellar", "Galaxy Rugby", "Galaxy Stratosphere", "Galaxy Express", "Galaxy Note" series, and "Galaxy S" series Android phones.

Clearly the Android Galaxy Series isn't working for them....
    02-09-13 02:45 PM
    someone just got served hard
    02-09-13 03:01 PM
52 123