Okay so I'm wanting my first BB and can't decide if I want to get a Bold now,as its upgrade time for me now. Or wait for the onyx to come out whenever that may be here on AT&T? I've always liked the bold and while its slightly wider than a curve 8900,which the onyx is supposed to be roughly the same size as,but I do like the larger display and keyboard space of the bold as well. Plus the bold is much thinner,lighter and less bulky than my HTC 8925 (tilt) is.

I know the bold only has a 2.0MP camera and the onyx is due to have a 3.2MP camera,but don't both phone's cameras have auto focus,flash and zoom features? I mean the camera isn't a deal breaker as as we're talking cell phone cameras here and neither would compare to true digicam anyways. I've seem some pics taken by the bold's camera and have to say they look really nice for their intended use.

My last question is what are the numbers for the onyx's screen resolution vs. the bold's resolution? Is it going to THAT noticeable like say comparing my friend's bold display to wife's curve 8330 display? Thanks for any help guys.
    07-31-09 08:54 AM
    well in simple words

the onyx is better

its like a tour and bold combined lol

really good phone
    07-31-09 09:20 AM
    well in simple words

the onyx is better
    On paper.... Since it hasn't been released, we really don't know how it performs....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:41 AM
    wait for onyx
    07-31-09 09:57 AM
    If you can stand to wait for a couple of months to see how the Onyx stacks up then why not?
    07-31-09 10:43 AM
    Get the Bold. The Onyx is a better phone but not a massive upgrade by any standards.
    07-31-09 12:25 PM
    I know the bold only has a 2.0MP camera and the onyx is due to have a 3.2MP camera,but don't both phone's cameras have auto focus,flash and zoom features? I mean the camera isn't a deal breaker as as we're talking cell phone cameras here and neither would compare to true digicam anyways. I've seem some pics taken by the bold's camera and have to say they look really nice for their intended use.
    The bold has a 2mp cam with NO autofocus. The Onyx camera is vastly superior. Go to the curve 8900 review on this site to see a comparison to the bold's camera and the 8900's camera. The 8900's camera is very similar to the camera on the onyx.

My last question is what are the numbers for the onyx's screen resolution vs. the bold's resolution? Is it going to THAT noticeable like say comparing my friend's bold display to wife's curve 8330 display? Thanks for any help guys.
    The screen on the onyx is comparable to the screen on the bold. The physical screen size is slightly smaller but the resolution is slightly higher. The screen resolution is 480x360. The screen is very similar to the screen on the 8900.

If I were you I would wait for the onyx. It is NOT a huge improvement over the bold, but it is an improvement and it will not cost that much more than the bold costs now. The onyx will have a longer life than the bold.

Note: Beside the camera, screen, and form factor differences, the onyx also has double the app memory of the bold (256mb), a slightly faster processor, and a trackpad instead of a trackball (should be more reliable).
    07-31-09 01:15 PM
    Does the bold's camera have a zoom feature,if so is it a 4x or 5x zoom?
    07-31-09 07:16 PM
    Its 2x and as much as I love my bold you should just wait if you get the bold now you'll just be mad at yourself when the onyx comes out. The onyx, while its nothing amazing, is well worth the wait, I'm planning on buying one at retail price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:21 PM
    I think you would be better served to wait for the Onyx.
    07-31-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD