The man behind the awesome BlackBerry 10 browser and who also had a BlackBerry device named after one of his browsers, has left the building. Looks like he followed his brothers' route after 6 months (never even knew his brother had even left). I'm sure we're all glad for what he has brought to the company!

http://n4bb.com/george-staikos-found...es-blackberry/

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:07 AM
    I remember when BlackBerry bought Torch. I think they implemented their browser into OS7 devices?

I am definitely thankful and grateful for everything they brought to the company. BlackBerry10 has the best mobile browser out there, and I am sure the Staikos brothers contributed to this. Because of the browser, I've gotten by without needing some apps...really a testament to how great the browser is.
    01-19-14 03:56 AM
    Yep, they were the reason that the OS7 browser was a big step up from the OS6 one. It was first introduced with the Torch slider iirc.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 11:59 AM
    So much for the talent from Torch.... Will be interesting to see how things play out...
    01-19-14 12:19 PM
    So much for the talent from Torch.... Will be interesting to see how things play out...
    Not so sure it matters now, the guys from Torch served their purpose. BBOS browsers sucked, Torch was only brought on to improve those really...everything that came after was kinda additional work / bonus. They did their job, they improved the crappy browser at the time and built the BB10 browser which now uses webkit like just about every other browser out there. The core goodness is there, the rest is open for anyone to take and improve.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-19-14 09:04 PM