Has anyone had any luck Geocaching with the Tour? Or installing any Geocaching apps? I'm going to be getting one with Verizon within the next few weeks and couldn't find any info on here that was post-release.
    08-11-09 10:48 AM
    There are a couple apps in the app store for it.

I think there are a few threads about it in the 3rd party software section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:04 AM
    Somewhere I found blackstar which is supposed to be a free geocaching app -- i haven't used it yet.
    08-11-09 11:18 AM
    I use blackstar v1.5. You can inport .gpx files into the program.
    08-11-09 12:34 PM
    I use a handheld gps for actual locating. I really just need something that will help with paperless caching (description, last found). I cannot pull up a log page on geocaching.com from my tour. It says "Requesting Script/Running Script" and the progress bar fills up halfway and then starts over. I tried this on my buddy's curve and his did not have any problems loading page. Is that my settings or just something in the browser? Suggestions from fellow geocachers?
    08-11-09 01:29 PM
    Somewhere I found blackstar which is supposed to be a free geocaching app -- i haven't used it yet.
    I'm curious about that app. One of my friends has a Curve and it doesn't work on her phone. Anyone tried it with the Tour?
    08-11-09 05:48 PM
    I have blackstar and it works on the tour. Haven't tried it out for actually Geocaching yet. I'm thinking tomorrow since I'm off I'm going to give it a try.
    08-11-09 11:58 PM
    I'm curious about that app. One of my friends has a Curve and it doesn't work on her phone. Anyone tried it with the Tour?
    BlackStar works well with a Curve. Unless it is a Verizon customer.

08-12-09 07:02 AM
    Blackstar works great on tour. I use it in conjunction with geocatching.com. Snagged 10 with this setup already.
    08-12-09 10:26 AM
    Has anyone had any luck Geocaching with the Tour? Or installing any Geocaching apps? I'm going to be getting one with Verizon within the next few weeks and couldn't find any info on here that was post-release.
    What is geocaching?
    08-12-09 11:48 AM
    BlackStar works well with a Curve. Unless it is a Verizon customer.

That's probably her problem then. I know she's on Verizon.

What is geocaching?
    Check out Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

In short, it's basically a free treasure hunt. You get coordinates and a clue, and you use a GPS to find it. It sounds pretty lame at first, but it gets addicting.
    08-12-09 12:36 PM
    It is quite addicting! I miss my Explorist! Boooo hoo hooo! lol
    08-12-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD