I am looking for some Geocaching software that will enable me to put in a Geocach number and pull up the description and hints of that particle Geocache. I know the 8300 doesn't have a GPS. I already have a good GPS for Geocaching. My buddy has a palm and I know he has software for his that he can download these hints to. I just didn't know if someone has come up with software that will work with phones that don't have a GPS.

E
    11-27-07 02:36 PM
    I am looking for a software program similar to cachemate. I have the 8310 and a good gps, but would like to have a way to d/l all the caches to my unit.
    11-27-07 08:46 PM
    Check out CacheBerry (google it) a new application for BlackBerry devices (OS 4.1 or better) that allows you to manage geocache listings on your device, it is compatible with geocaching.com GPX files including pocket queries.

Cheers,
    Bruce
    02-27-08 01:35 AM
    There is a new piece of software which I use and it works quite well (also know the developer and he's a pretty cool guy :-). It's called GeoBerry and can be found at www-g23software-com (sorry apparantly Im not allowed to post URLs)
    08-13-08 11:04 AM
    I am looking for a software program similar to cachemate. I have the 8310 and a good gps, but would like to have a way to d/l all the caches to my unit.
    I use both Geocache navigator and Cacheberry. Geocache Navigator is great if you have GPS and a dataplan. I have no data plan but it makes a good GPS receiver. Cacheberry is a great app for paperless caching.
    08-20-08 05:02 PM
    I use Geocache Navigator on my 8310 and I love it, because the only thing I need to go caching is my Curve - I don't even need to load caches in first, I can open GN wherever I am and find nearby caches!

If you don't have the 8310, though, you won't want GN - too expensive. I hear lots of good things about CacheBerry but if I was still using a standalone GPS, I'd keep my old Palm m130 around so I could use Cachemate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD