Hi all I run an amateur football (Soccer) team in Edinburgh Scotland and I was interested in having a app designed for the clud having all the latest news and results from the club on it.

How easy is this to do or what would be the cost for someone to design this.

Thanks for any help or advice.
    12-05-11 04:25 AM
    Not sure if the league you are interested is on Scoremoble, but it is free, you might check it out

Free ScoreMobile for BlackBerry - Download ScoreMobile for BlackBerry - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    12-05-11 06:19 AM
    No what I meant was I wanted to create an APP just for my own club?
    12-05-11 07:02 AM
    Here is a place to get started, BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone.
    12-05-11 07:03 AM
    Why not just create a mobile-specific website and later integrate an RSS feed with a stick ticker like content display which can be viewed on the BlackBerry device?
    12-05-11 08:15 AM
    Seems to me the easiest thing would be to make a tweeter account for the club. Then everbody follows it. I say this cause what if all the members don't have BBs? Its a lot easier than worring about cross platform apps. The tweeter account will also be able to be updated from any source. Pc, iphone, BB, mac, tablet etc.
    12-05-11 08:38 AM
    The replies thusfar to the OP have been completely uninformative. If he wants to create an app, that's what he wants to do. If he wanted a mobile website or twitter account, he would have arranged that.

I would just get in touch with an app developer. There are all over the place and they will be able to give you a rate specific to the project.

Cheers.
    Bobbyhibs likes this.
    12-05-11 09:25 AM
    The replies thusfar to the OP have been completely uninformative. If he wants to create an app, that's what he wants to do. If he wanted a mobile website or twitter account, he would have arranged that.

I would just get in touch with an app developer. There are all over the place and they will be able to give you a rate specific to the project.

Cheers.
    Yes its an app im looking for, Is there app developers on here?
    12-05-11 04:01 PM

Cheers.
    Actually your post has been the least informative and didn't even offer an idea.
    OP you can go to the sectiom BlackBerry professionals/app developers and find some devs. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-11 06:31 PM
    Basically I want it to publish our latest news, results and fixtures so that when I update it people can read all the info on the app.
    12-06-11 07:01 AM
    Basically I want it to publish our latest news, results and fixtures so that when I update it people can read all the info on the app.
    I understand what your looking to do. You need to go to the blackberry professional/app dev. Section and see if any of the devlopers is interested in building it.
    Let me ask you this. Does everybody in your club have BlackBerrys? How do you plan on having the app on the non BlackBerrry devices? This is why I suggested a social feed type approach. A whole lot easier to mange and covers all the mediums. You'll beable to update remotely and the update will be added right now in real time.
    I understand that you want an app though. So to get this started you need to get to the right section.

12-06-11 07:17 AM
    90 percent of the team have blackberrys we do not have a twitter page as most of the folk use facebook.
    12-06-11 07:20 AM
    I understand that. Look your looking for a client/server app. Tweeter, facebook for examples is just that. The devolopers has already wrenched the clients to work on all the major devices. Facebook will work. I think tweeter is alittle easier in this reguard. However woth facebook you can send request for sign up.
    Why don't you make a tweeter and facebook account 1st. Get that going and see how it work out. Wither it does or not you'll have more baises to what you want your client/server to be.

12-06-11 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD