I've noticed that a lot of the reviewers of the phone are only really pointing out that the phone is lacking Apps.

Several more have pointed out that the only problem with the device is that it doesn't really give you a good reason to switch from Android and iPhone to BB10. I think this is short sighted, as if people do switch, then more developers will come to BB10 making it just as a robust OS as Android and iOS. These reviewers need to understand that they need to help promote this OS more then anything else, the last thing we need as consumers is only two options. That stifles innovation.

I foresee the media changing their tune very quickly when they realize that the phone and OS are a hit and sales are doing very good. It almost seems like they are afraid to enjoy it or like it (or endorse it). I wonder why this is (I know that there will be claims of Apple and Google paying them off, but still)?

It just stumps me that they like the phone and OS, but then say that it just lacks compared to Android and iOS (but I think it blows them away). And all of them seem to like the keyboard and already have made it the king of Touch Screen Keyboards (which is no small feat for a first generation OS).

Anyway, I for one look forward to jumping into BB10, and I will probably look into developing some Apps for the first time.
    03-24-13 09:54 PM
    Make some regular one and analyse it on a foxed path that can be used in it.
    04-18-13 07:16 AM
    They get an s'load of money from Apple for all those ads they run. You think Apple will be happy if they start talking up the Z10?
    04-18-13 07:39 AM
    Maybe it is.really what it is... they like the phone but the lack of apps which people brake for granted is making them think twice about it...

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-18-13 07:52 AM
    What is they used it for a while to see if it meets their needs and then report that experience? Wouldn't that be more useful to their customers than saying app x isn't there so it is junk?
    04-18-13 07:59 AM
    Maybe it is.really what it is... they like the phone but the lack of apps which people brake for granted is making them think twice about it...

Posted via CB10
    More or less, I think it boils down to this.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-18-13 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Right now, there *really isn't* a reason to jump from Android or iOS, unless you want to tinker with a new OS, want to support BBRY, etc. When using the phone it's apparent that it's a VERY young OS, but has a ton of potential. If reporters are suggesting that they can't recommend it over the competition it doesn't mean they're trolling on BlackBerry, have agendas of their own, etc. Give it a few months. After a couple updates adding features and the addition of a few thousand more apps I guarantee the reporters worth their salt will be changing their tune, and the ones who are nitpicking on BlackBerry because of some agenda will stick out like a sore thumb.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-18-13 08:16 AM