for those of you using either garmin & telenav could you guys discuss how they are on battery life? i'm planning on gettting either one or the other just haven't decided yet. so anyone's 2 cents would be great thanks!
    03-23-09 01:12 AM
    I doubt one or the other software would draw more power. What'll draw the most juice is the GPS receiver and downloading map data. Garmin seems to be a lot more data thrifty than BB Maps is. Not sure how TeleNav would compare, never tried it.

I've used Garmin Mobile with a Bluetooth GPS for a couple hours at a time. It'll draw down my phone battery about 40-50% in that time. I also only get a few of the 8 hours out of the BT GPS, but I'm still conditioning its battery. Bottom line, take the 12v cords if you're doing more than a few hours of driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:32 PM
    sweet sounds good! thanks for the reply i've been waiting for someone to answer the question hahah. i plan on getting a globalstat bt359/bt368 not to sure yet though. they have good reviews and aren't that expensive. what kind of bt puck are you using at the moment?
    03-24-09 10:37 PM
    I got a GlobalTop G66 cuz I like the style and it matches my Flip.

Coolest thing about Garmin Mobile is that it routes me around traffic. Plus I never have to shell out $75 for annual map updates like on my wife's StreetPilot.

03-26-09 08:54 AM
    BTW I took my GlobalTop G66 and Garmin Mobile into downtown Chicago today. Not only did the G66 maintain satellite lock in the urban canyons of Chicago's Gold Coast, it acquired satellite lock in the middle of a 10 floor parking garage!
    04-01-09 12:09 AM
    BTW I took my GlobalTop G66 and Garmin Mobile into downtown Chicago today. Not only did the G66 maintain satellite lock in the urban canyons of Chicago's Gold Coast, it acquired satellite lock in the middle of a 10 floor parking garage!
    Now that is phenomenal!
    04-01-09 12:12 AM
    Sweet I'll check out your puck out later. How did your battery do with garmin running?

04-01-09 12:13 AM
    My BB battery was down to 40% after two hours of driving. The G66 is supposed to have 8 hour battery life, but it's still new and I only get 3-4 hours on a charge.

04-06-09 02:47 PM
    I ran the puck out of juice during a 4+ hour trip, but my Curve still had about 25% charge left. In all fairness, the puck had been left on the day before...
    04-06-09 03:02 PM
    Garmin doesn't seem to drain my BB... it works with all the map applications as well like BB maps and Google maps.
    04-08-09 02:23 PM
    Good info. Vincet what you mean it works with bb maps and google maps

04-08-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD