Good day to all. First post, but love the site. I received notification from blackberry.com (Blackberry Owners Lounge) about a 30 day trial form Garmin. After manually typing the url into my blackberry getmobile.garmin.com/builtforblackberry (Sorry about not posting a link, just found out I have to have 10 posts so I guess you can copy/paste click download and then get the message 907 Invalid COD. A network error occured. Now from googling, I found that this could be a link problem between the Jad/jar file and the COD file. Just wondering if anyone else got this offer and if they ran into the same problem. TIA..
    03-13-08 04:17 PM
    I get the same thing when I tried it. I'd like to try it instead of Telenav but I can't even get it to finish the download. Add one to the same problem your having.
    03-13-08 08:09 PM
    Same thing here and there is no other mention of the offer on the owner's lounge or garmin's site.
    03-13-08 10:57 PM
    Trust me when I tell you that after trying Garmin you'll want TeleNav

1) TeleNav has a better 3D display
    2) Garmin crashed on me
    3) Garmin didn't locate my present position until I was 1 mile down the road, unlike TeleNav which is very quick and accurate.

To me it seems like Garmin has just started doing this and they don't have it right yet. They try to make the display look like it does on their regular units (I have one I know), but it is not great for mobile screens that are much smaller.

Patrick
    03-14-08 05:32 AM
    same thing after 3 days later. you would think they would fix this. I did email the BBOL email link but doubt I will get a reply
    03-14-08 11:54 AM
    I have a Garmin iQue that is no longer supported so I can't get updated maps and so forth. So i wanted to see how this compared to that but if I can't even download it after they sent the invitation and I also get no response to my emails then I guess they don't really want our business. I've been trying Nav4All and amAze but they are lacking at this point which I guess is why they are free and still testing.
    03-14-08 12:04 PM
    No love for this guy either. Download failed 4 times. Makes it much easier to write a review that way
    03-14-08 12:09 PM
    The Same Over Here. Aware Is Ok And Free And You Got To Love Google Maps Just Wish It Had Voice Directions
    03-14-08 12:24 PM
    Now it finally worked and it WILL NOT work for Verizon even with a GPS puck.
    03-14-08 07:58 PM
    Thank you harleybob. That was the question I was getting ready to ask. I love my BB, really like the Storm, but Verizon's treatment of 3rd party software and GPS leave a LOT to be desired.
    12-13-08 05:52 PM
    Thank you harleybob. That was the question I was getting ready to ask. I love my BB, really like the Storm, but Verizon's treatment of 3rd party software and GPS leave a LOT to be desired.
    In the past I would agree with you, but VZW has recently unlocked the GPS on all their Blackberrys. The Storm came unlocked from day one. The aGPS however, is still locked to VZNavigator only. Third party apps work no problem with the Storm provided the application is adapted to/written for it.

In this case the blame is all on Garmin, they are the ones not providing the 30day free trial at this time. Although, Garmin has recently released a version of it's mobile software for the Storm and it works almost flawlessly on it, I'm running it now. If you do a search you'll find a lengthy thread about it in the Storm forums, complete with ways to get the 7 day trial.
    12-14-08 01:25 PM
    Here is the link I used to get Garmin Mobile.

Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry

I liked it, but it couldn't keep up and re-route as fast as my standalone GPS Garmin unit does.

TeleNav is nice, not sure if I want continue to use the AT&T branded one though.

There are some free ones you can use:

www.amazegps.com
    Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!
    12-16-08 09:36 AM
    Now it finally worked and it WILL NOT work for Verizon even with a GPS puck.
    I got it to run just fine for me using a BT GPS puck. Pair and refresh the BT GPS, then try it, and it will probably work.
    12-16-08 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD