The American cycling team, Garmin-Chipolte, currently competing in the Tour de France, and doing well so far, all carry team issued BlackBerrys.

This team was founded on the premise of competing at the top levels without using performance enhancing drugs to cheat. One of the reasons they use BlackBerrys is so the can be contacted at any time to come in and get tested.

I thought it interesting that of all phones they could use, they chose BB. I wasn't sure of the model, but it was a bright blue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 09:25 PM
    that's cool. I just had lunch at Chipotle today (mmmm!) and I saw that they even have a special burrito for the team called the Le Burrito.
    07-09-08 09:26 PM
    Garmin is awesome!

Chipotle rocks my world!!

And my Berry is my second love!!!

Nice thread
    07-09-08 09:48 PM
    I find I have to order their burritos with less stuff because I can't finish one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 09:49 PM
    Just got our first Chipolte where I live and haven't had a chance to go yet. Sounds like it's good. Just got the Garmin app on my BB 8310, free trail link was sent by my carrier. Works really well. I am not navigationally challenged and can't really justify paying 9.99/mo to have my BB tell me where to go when I already know where I am going and how to get there! Just thought I would throw that in!
    07-09-08 10:16 PM
    Two Garmin Chipotlte riders are in the top ten. Christian Vandevelde is an American and he is in fourth place. Kicking A#*.
    07-12-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD