Hey guys,

So I have a new Curve from Verizon and it has been running nice and fast with no problems. I don't have any outside applications except a money manager from Handango but it hasn't slowed the phone's performance at all.

I downloaded a game last night and right away my Curve started to slow down. It took way longer to switch between applications or really perform any function on the phone. I was constantly getting the hourglass icon when doing simple things like closing an application.

Any suggestions? Are there better places to downlaod games from vs shady websites? Can you download a game to an external media card in the phone and will that not effect phone performance? Or is that just something you have to live with if you want to run any outside games/applications.

I want to do more on my Curve but want to keep its same quick performance...Help!

Thanks
    09-11-08 10:37 AM
    1. Check your running applications list to make sure it's not still running in the background.
    2. Try pulling the battery.
    09-11-08 10:59 AM
    MadCat...how do you check your running applications list?
    09-11-08 11:04 AM
    Check your free memory options status free memory if its under 12000000 then it will slow down the bb
    If its below that run memory optimization
    There's a link on cb

You can't run apps from a memmory card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 11:13 AM
    MadCat...how do you check your running applications list?
    Alt-Back will allow you to cycle through running applications.
    09-11-08 11:17 AM
    I know when I am playing Brickbreaker I will loose many lives because of lag. The ball will fly at you then backup half the screen then, fly right back at you. P�$$ed me off first time it happened. I will try your advice jhill. Thanks...

09-11-08 01:06 PM
    Alt-Back will allow you to cycle through running applications.
    Wow, that's a neat little trick. I usually hit the blackberry button twice from the home screen and select switch apps. It seems like I cannot close every app though. Blackberry messenger, call log, home screen, messages, and browser always seem to be open and I cannot close them.
    09-11-08 04:55 PM
    That would be correct. They are the 5 you can't close.

~ VNDLEWIS

09-19-08 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD