I think it'll be more like the comeback of the century....
    01-03-13 01:59 AM
    Android is like that $5 "all you can eat" buffet. It's cheap and there is a lot of variety, but you cannot complain about the taste, since it's so cheap. Plus, it gives you a horrendous virus the next morning, and you have to spend all day in the washroom as a result.
    01-03-13 04:12 AM
    Android is like that $5 "all you can eat" buffet. It's cheap and there is a lot of variety, but you cannot complain about the taste, since it's so cheap. Plus, it gives you a horrendous virus the next morning, and you have to spend all day in the washroom as a result.
    Shabby analogy when you think of the fact that the Android devices usually pack the top-grade, class leading specs and hardware.

CES next week will be packed with more 1080p phones with powerful cameras than you can shake a stick at.

Android phones have moved well beyond the MyTouch 3g and Samsung Blaze of this world. JellyBean is no FroYo or Eclair or even Gingerbread. Somehow, I don't think many of you here realize that when you spin up these fantasies of a return to world domination by RIM in less than a year.
    Banco likes this.
    01-03-13 07:38 AM
    Sorry I just cant see BB as a PC maker or BB10 even being on a laptop in general imo
    No but I could easily see a dock that I put my BB10 phone into that has connections for the keyboard, monitor and mouse of my choice, even a LAN port, and using the phone as my PC for home use. I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Cinema Display now and really only do some browsing and occasionally access work stuff with Citrix (a lot of my home browsing is with my Playbook). If a BB10 phone could do what I've described then I'd throw the laptop in the bag for business trips and use the phone as my home PC.
    01-03-13 09:26 AM
    Shabby analogy when you think of the fact that the Android devices usually pack the top-grade, class leading specs and hardware.

CES next week will be packed with more 1080p phones with powerful cameras than you can shake a stick at.

Android phones have moved well beyond the MyTouch 3g and Samsung Blaze of this world. JellyBean is no FroYo or Eclair or even Gingerbread. Somehow, I don't think many of you here realize that when you spin up these fantasies of a return to world domination by RIM in less than a year.
    Don't waste your time. BRMiller1976 hangs around the Windows Phone forums obsessing about Android malware and how Google is moving to control our brains because they stopped supporting the EAS protocol for Gmail on WP8 devices.
    01-03-13 05:42 PM
    p.s. I couldn't help but notice that the author of the article is at McMaster... which is one hour from RIM world headquarters... so there may be a little bias to his prediction, not that I disagree, but still, before we start feeling that "analysts" who for months had been critical of RIM are finally seeing the light, I wager this particular author was somehow rooting for RIM all along... possibly...
    01-04-13 10:17 AM
31 12