Do you think there will be a Z10s or a version two in the future,all the cell phone companies put out new ones all the time,will Blackberry follow suit.
    05-17-13 12:46 PM
    It'd be cool if they could make one slightly thinner and as light as the S4.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:08 PM
    Of course there will be a follow up, but I doubt it will be a "Z" series.

The Z10 is a one-off with a nonstandard aspect ratio and I wouldn't be surprised if the follow up is instead a "T" series (for touch, since Q is for Qwerty).

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-17-13 02:20 PM
    Standardizing on Screen Resolutions for BlackBerry 10 devices �BlackBerry Developer Blog it is already known that all future blackberry phones will have different resolution of the Z10
    05-17-13 02:26 PM
    I hate this thin device crap. I want one device that is 1.5cm thick and has a good old 5,000mah battery in it.
    05-17-13 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    No it wouldn't.
    05-17-13 06:33 PM
    No it wouldn't.
    Agreed. I like my phones with a one weight. Used to have this old Nokia that always managed to fly off my hand cause it was so light lol

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:37 PM
    Well I drop my Z10 enough so point taken.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:42 PM
    I hate this thin device crap. I want one device that is 1.5cm thick and has a good old 5,000mah battery in it.
    Unfortunately the market disagrees with you and if BB wants to survive they have to recognise that fact, on the plus side the all-touch model being the flagship now has removed some of those limitations from the qwerty workhorse so that the q10 is thicker than a 9900.

One other thing to bear in mind, a 5,000 mah battery would result in a heavy phone.
    05-18-13 04:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think that is what makes BlackBerry stand out is that its devices are solid and don't feel like a plastic toy.
    phuoc and Spencerdl like this.
    09-08-13 07:18 PM
    I think that is what makes BlackBerry stand out is that its devices are solid and don't feel like a plastic toy.
    You hit the nail right on the head, BlackBerry makes phones that are workhorses, then wear in not wear out. That being said I wish that then had gone with better construction on the Z10, it just feels kinda cheap and a "me too" type of phone.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-09-13 02:27 AM
    I feel z10 was just a prototype to test out the software for future releases...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh how I hope this is true
    09-09-13 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let's just hope that the next model they get the aspect ratio in line, use an AMOLED screen, bigger battery, and most importantly price the device correctly so that it will sell. I like the Z10 but not as a $200 (on contract) flagship.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:28 AM
    Free on Two year contract here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is now but when it launched in the US it was $200 on contract and a lot of the reviews were that it was over priced. In truth the Z10 has many better specs than say the iphone 5 but they can charge a higher price for their product because of their ecosystem. I do have to give Apple props for that.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get this. It is not free as you have to pay the additional costs in the form of an increased monthly charge ??
    09-09-13 12:59 PM
    I don't get this. It is not free as you have to pay the additional costs in the form of an increased monthly charge ??
    Contracts suck. Everyone go out and get a T-mobile account. lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:43 PM
    I'm going to join the thinner isn't better bandwagon. I'll take a larger battery over shaving a few mm off any day. Besides, what did I do with my z10? I stuffed it into a case that made it thicker.

Perhaps engineer phones to not need cases. Just make them tough enough to withstand a few drops, and have it be a cleaner one piece design. I know it won't happen, but eh, I can dream

I have pretty big hands with long fingers. The z10 could be much thicker/wider without causing me any problem. My thumbs bump on the keyboard as is lol

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:11 AM
    I'm going to join the thinner isn't better bandwagon. I'll take a larger battery over shaving a few mm off any day. Besides, what did I do with my z10? I stuffed it into a case that made it thicker.

Perhaps engineer phones to not need cases. Just make them tough enough to withstand a few drops, and have it be a cleaner one piece design. I know it won't happen, but eh, I can dream

I have pretty big hands with long fingers. The z10 could be much thicker/wider without causing me any problem. My thumbs bump on the keyboard as is lol

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree. They make these new phones so light and thin and then because of that they break so easy they end up having to protect their phone with a big bulky heavy case. It would have been so much easier if you bought a more durable phone in the first place.

I always carry my Q10 naked cause I the width is perfect for me to type on and it's so pretty I can stand to have it in a case. Well today I dropped in from a height of about 3 feet onto solid hard tile. I was worried but when I picked it up no ding, no dent, just a small scrach in the frame about the size of a pinhead. So glad I didn't go with the Galaxy S4.

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    09-10-13 01:23 AM
    As much as I love my Z10...They do feel like plastic toys. I want a high end aluminum body. That would feel nice. My black one feels nice with the rubbery back, but the white one I had was all plastic.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:45 PM
    The white is slippery. I like the black better.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:12 PM
    I really like the hardware on the Z10 a lot. I've had mine for two months, have never used a case or screen saver and it's still perfect. I have dropped it onto a cement floor from 5 feet, ended up face down and I was amazed it didn't even have a scratch.

I know I was very very lucky but after having a couple iPhones that were in cases and cracking the screens after one ft drops, I much prefer the Z10.

Also like the rubber back, don't have to worry about getting scratches on my logo.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:24 PM