Just got word for those that can't wait anymore. Future Shop in Mississauga, Hwy 401 and Winston Churchill Blvd.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    02-01-13 03:22 PM
    for sale you mean ?
    02-01-13 03:31 PM
    Prob demo, my local store told me they will get them today for demo..
    02-01-13 03:34 PM
    Display units I'd wager. Good to have something live to hold and try before making a decision, hope it gets rolled out to more locations. Rogers and Bell should do this as well.
    02-01-13 03:35 PM
    Sorry, not for sale. Demo unit. Fully functioning.
    02-01-13 03:39 PM
    I've been calling everywhere I know here in Ottawa for somewhere thats going to sell the devices unlocked. And at this time, none of the ones I called will. Futureshop/Best Buy/Bell/Rogers
    Telephone booth says they already have the z10's, but cant sell them til the 5th ! Those they've got are for contract only. The agent I spoke to didnt give a date when unlocked Z10 will be sold by them (Telephone Booth)

How do I get my hands on an unlocked Z10 come February 5th ?
    02-01-13 03:40 PM
    Just played with a live demo unit at Rogers in Oshawa Centre as well.
    02-01-13 04:13 PM
    what did you think of the demo unit?

I pre-ordered mine, so im all in... but just to hear
    02-01-13 04:23 PM
    What use is the demo version going to be for, i am in search for a full cracked version....
    02-01-13 04:23 PM
    Like I said in another topic, I agree with the assessment that it is very swipey haha. I only played with it a few seconds, but the size is great for me, the UI was fast and fluid, the keyboard works very well even though the phone cant be picked up.

Future Shop has live devices-img-20130201-00051.jpg
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-01-13 04:35 PM
    What use is the demo version going to be for, i am in search for a full cracked version....
    im not sure what you mean by cracked. you cannot root or jailbreak these devices.
    you can sideload apps, but that isnt 'cracking' the phone.
    02-01-13 04:35 PM
    Future Shop in Cambridge has one setup for display. It is running some kind of demo video that needs a password to unlock it. The rep did unlock it so I could actually use the phone.

The keyboard is as sweet as all the demos show. The word predition, the guestures to erase words, change to symbols were all perfect.

The browser is pretty good, and by default flash and force to full desktop sites are NOT enabled. I like the reader mode, and the quick option to change the font size. So simple and very useful.

Over all it felt great in the hand, the UI was quick, and fluid. The screen is big and effing amazing to look at.

Some how I spent 45 minutes playing with it and I would have spent longer had my wife not called to tell me to get home LoL.

I'm even more excited, I can't wait till Tuesday!!
    02-01-13 05:42 PM
    I tried one out at Best Buy Mobile in Burlington Mall. Worked great...loved the time shift camera and browser worked well on my regular sites. Keyboard seemed great....composed a whole message by only typing the first letter of the first word and then just picked words it suggested....will likely come in handy once it learns the way you speak.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-01-13 06:54 PM
    Awesome I'm going to Future Shop tomorrow!!
    02-01-13 07:06 PM
    Yes it is nice to hear there are live demo phones, I really want to test the virtual keyboard to see if I can live with the virtual one or if I will wait for the Q10, though I'd really like to see a portrait slider......are you listening Thor? :P

Jon
    02-01-13 08:23 PM
    I have to work tomorrow, but I might sneak out a bit to local Futur Shop
    02-01-13 11:30 PM
    I have to work tomorrow, but I might sneak out a bit to local Futur Shop
    At the future shop on the Queensway (in etobicoke) right now. They have a working black version of the Z10 working on display.
    02-02-13 12:24 PM
    I noticed one of those searchlight things in front of the Carlu last Wednesday evening and lo and behold a van with BB10 / Z10 branding outside the BB10 launch event demoing the live device... About 10 seconds of use, but just like watching exotic dancers you can't touch, I don't want to handle it if I can't get intimate with it IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN (what are at are you thinking? I just want to log in my BBID and start customizing it!) I hear that my Virgin Mobile store at Yonge & Dundas is opening an hour early on Tuesday morning (@ 9 am) and I will be there to pick it up, then head upstairs to the food court with a coffee, my netbook, my PlayBook, and a blueberry muffin, to play and wait for other Z10 purchasers to drop by... I'll be by the windows on the west side of the food court unless another "official" release day meet up is arranged.

And I have to get this off my chest. Attempting to post this from google chrome on an iPad 3 is the effing most effing maddening effing experience I've had today. Freezes, slooooow performance, crashes and losing work... And THIS software developer (google) is what people want to entrust their mobile identity?. I effing HATE chrome.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-02-13 at 03:30 PM.
    02-02-13 03:10 PM
    swipe down the setting shade and click exit app to get out of the demo- then call a futureshop person to enter the password. mine had to call the manager for the password, and wouldn't let me see it, but she did get it going.
    02-02-13 03:38 PM
    Cool, it's only down the street from me and gonna check it out tomorrow.
    02-02-13 03:49 PM
    Hi All. First post for me (YAY!). Come here to get all the latest news but just recently signed up for an account.

Seeing this thread, I decided to see if any of the stores here in Halifax have the phones out. Went to Halifax Shopping Centre and Telus didn't have them on display. Said they weren't allowed to display them until Tuesday. Just outside was a Wireless Wave shop and they had both the white and black on display with the black one live. So if any Haligonians want to see it in real life check it out!

I'm in contract so it makes most sense for me to just buy it outright. I asked the guy at Wireless Wave, he said it would be $600. He was also VERY excited about this phone (the Telus guy seemed pretty excited too). Seeing it only solidified my need to get it!
    02-02-13 05:25 PM
    I was at Costco today (Ancaster) and they had live demo models.

Gotta admit, snappy looking device, and that keyboard is impressive.

Im still getting the Q.
    02-02-13 06:39 PM
    More stores need to do this, I don't know how anyone can buy a phone without using it. It makes the decision so much harder, especially when software is key; not just how the device looks.
    02-02-13 07:59 PM