Using Solid Explorer. Very well respected developer.

Using BlackBerry default launcher.
    how does the device handle email attachments when responding to an email? Do you have the ability to send files directly from the file explorer or perform any other tasks besides move/manage? What I love about BB10 is how everything is baked in. I often forget I am in the camera app and will end up managing files or sending multiple emails.
    02-09-16 09:01 AM
    how does the device handle email attachments when responding to an email? Do you have the ability to send files directly from the file explorer or perform any other tasks besides move/manage? What I love about BB10 is how everything is baked in. I often forget I am in the camera app and will end up managing files or sending multiple emails.
    Sharing is incredible. All baked in. Here is the first page of sharing options from the file manager after picking a file:
    Attached Thumbnails Future looks promising.-1455030346862.jpg  
    02-09-16 09:05 AM
    Sharing is incredible. All baked in. Here is the first page of sharing options from the file manager after picking a file:
    This option is expected.. but how does it send the file? I imagine it then launches the applicable app and the file is ready to be sent? send to hub seems odd as well. Once the file is sent the app closes or remains open?
    02-09-16 09:14 AM
    Here's a other example - when attaching a file to an email from the hub. Select attach, and you get a menu that says picture, video, audio, contact, file. Select file, and you get the attached screen. You miss the higher part of the screen that shows recent locations, but I have shown the bottom part. Notice one of the selections is the Solid Explorer file manager (and other apps too). From there I can draw from my home and work servers, etc. Awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Future looks promising.-1455031060210.jpg  
    02-09-16 09:17 AM
    Here's a other example - when attaching a file to an email from the hub. Select attach, and you get a menu that says picture, video, audio, contact, file. Select file, and you get the attached screen. You miss the higher part of the screen that shows recent locations, but I have shown the bottom part. Notice one of the selections is the Solid Explorer file manager (and other apps too). From there I can draw from my home and work servers, etc. Awesome.
    So you can take a photo and without leaving the camera app send to cloud, email recipients, sms or BBM and even send unrelated msgs with unrelated attachments without leaving the camera app?
    02-09-16 09:23 AM
    So you can take a photo and without leaving the camera app send to cloud, email recipients, sms or BBM and even send unrelated msgs with unrelated attachments without leaving the camera app?
    Sure can. You have two pages of share options directly from the camera app.
    02-09-16 09:25 AM
    Sure can. You have two pages of share options directly from the camera app.
    Looks like it reaches parity or better than BB10 built in manager by allowing recent places option. The split screen thing for me isn't a great feature on anything sub 7" but if you have a stylus or tiny fingers it can work well. My only gripe with BB10 still is no real drag to select multiple option and limit sorting options. Im hoping iOS or windows provides something better. As much as I don't like iOS it seems to be the only current option for me if my passport dies. Realizing it wont last forever as I replace mine with only 1 week left in my warranty. If it dies again I'm SOL.
    02-09-16 09:30 AM
    Looks like it reaches parity or better than BB10 built in manager by allowing recent places option. The split screen thing for me isn't a great feature on anything sub 7" but if you have a stylus or tiny fingers it can work well. My only gripe with BB10 still is no real drag to select multiple option and limit sorting options. Im hoping iOS or windows provides something better. As much as I don't like iOS it seems to be the only current option for me if my passport dies. Realizing it wont last forever as I replace mine with only 1 week left in my warranty. If it dies again I'm SOL.
    You don't have to split screen. Just drag the file(s) off the side of the screen, and the second drive appears.

There is no doubt file management is superior on Priv.

If file management is important to you (which it seems to be), I'm surprised you would consider iPhone.
    02-09-16 09:37 AM
    You don't have to split screen. Just drag the file(s) off the side of the screen, and the second drive appears.

There is no doubt file management is superior on Priv.

If file management is important to you (which it seems to be), I'm surprised you would consider iPhone.
    Android is not an option as long as it is ad based and open source. I need a close system OS with everything I need built in. I don't want 3rd party apps and for everything else rather use web (..ie banking , insurance, solar monitoring.. forums) That along with the fact that I HATE everything about android UI and needing another UI on top for me is foolish. Played with the Priv in ATT store a few days back and both my girlfriend and I were disgusted. I thought she would be unbiased but even she was like WTF is this crap? Sure you can get used to it.. but you can also get used to having 1 leg.
    02-09-16 10:00 AM
    Sure you can get used to it.. but you can also get used to having 1 leg.
    Lolololz Hard!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 10:02 AM
    That along with the fact that I HATE everything about android UI and needing another UI on top for me is foolish. Played with the Priv in ATT store a few days back and both my girlfriend and I were disgusted. I thought she would be unbiased but even she was like WTF is this crap? Sure you can get used to it.. but you can also get used to having 1 leg.
    As one BB10 aficionado to another, I really wish I could sit down beside you with the Priv, because WOW that is not my experience at all. Oh well, I tried.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-09-16 10:14 AM
    As one BB10 aficionado to another, I really wish I could sit down beside you with the Priv, because WOW that is not my experience at all. Oh well, I tried.
    Some people like android and some don't. For me iOS is the less terrible option with Windows being even better if they can get it working better. Microsoft could benefit from BB10 big time. Seems mobile and automotive infotainment systems are not their strong point right now. Sync and Sync2 systems were really buggy/laggy while QNX powered sync 3 is awesome.
    02-09-16 10:27 AM
    Android is not an option as long as it is ad based and open source. I need a close system OS with everything I need built in. I don't want 3rd party apps and for everything else rather use web (..ie banking , insurance, solar monitoring.. forums) That along with the fact that I HATE everything about android UI and needing another UI on top for me is foolish. Played with the Priv in ATT store a few days back and both my girlfriend and I were disgusted. I thought she would be unbiased but even she was like WTF is this crap? Sure you can get used to it.. but you can also get used to having 1 leg.
    I and many others I am sure felt the same way when we first tried out the Z10 demo models. It is just a matter getting used to a different OS. Then too if you approach anything with a closed mind it is not surprising that you will be agreeing with yourself.
    02-09-16 10:57 AM
    I can see the Windows as being an option, but iOS is no where near close to friendly if you want to do file management. From my understanding and frustration of dealing with iPhones. You can't just simply get to the files as you can with BB10 or the File management options available in Android, based on what Conite is stating and presenting to us hear. You might want to make sure you can get done what you want to get done on that iPhone option before you commit to it. I don't think you can based on the questions you were asking here.
    Some people like android and some don't. For me iOS is the less terrible option with Windows being even better if they can get it working better. Microsoft could benefit from BB10 big time. Seems mobile and automotive infotainment systems are not their strong point right now. Sync and Sync2 systems were really buggy/laggy while QNX powered sync 3 is awesome.
    02-09-16 10:59 AM
    I and many others I am sure felt the same way when we first tried out the Z10 demo models. It is just a matter getting used to a different OS. Then too if you approach anything with a closed mind it is not surprising that you will be agreeing with yourself.
    Anything can be adjusted to. You can also acquire a taste for nearly any food. If you don't like something why keep trying it until you do? I'm not one to follow the crowd if I don't agree with the common path.
    02-09-16 11:09 AM
    I can see the Windows as being an option, but iOS is no where near close to friendly if you want to do file management. From my understanding and frustration of dealing with iPhones. You can't just simply get to the files as you can with BB10 or the File management options available in Android, based on what Conite is stating and presenting to us hear. You might want to make sure you can get done what you want to get done on that iPhone option before you commit to it. I don't think you can based on the questions you were asking here.
    I agree .. with iOS I lose that aspect but I keep the closed ecosystem I prefer and a much more refined user experience. This is priority number 1 for me really
    02-09-16 11:11 AM
    Anything can be adjusted to. You can also acquire a taste for nearly any food. If you don't like something why keep trying it until you do? I'm not one to follow the crowd if I don't agree with the common path.
    I don't know about you, but I didn't like the taste of beer the first time I tried it. The rest is history!
    johnny_bravo72 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-09-16 11:14 AM
    Double post
    02-09-16 11:18 AM
    I don't know about you, but I didn't like the taste of beer the first time I tried it. The rest is history!
    Good example.. yeah I didn't much like beer originally. I only gained the taste for craft and microbrewery beers after college and have always preferred whiskey/bourbons. You don't like it you try something different.. revisit if your pallet has changed. Android will evolve and maybe become something else that I can tolerate eventually. I definitely wont buy one now after disliking it. Blackberry has also offered in my opinion the worst possible idea for android as well.. GPS dependent yet root locked device that depends on Blackberry for updates. After dealing with Blackberry for years I would NEVER trust them to supply updates for the most update reliant platform on the market.
    02-09-16 11:22 AM
    Good example.. yeah I didn't much like beer originally. I only gained the taste for craft and microbrewery beers after college and have always preferred whiskey/bourbons. You don't like it you try something different.. revisit if your pallet has changed. Android will evolve and maybe become something else that I can tolerate eventually. I definitely wont buy one now after disliking it. Blackberry has also offered in my opinion the worst possible idea for android as well.. GPS dependent yet root locked device that depends on Blackberry for updates. After dealing with Blackberry for years I would NEVER trust them to supply updates for the most update reliant platform on the market.
    Fair point about the upgrades. I also think that a slider is a yes or no kind of format. Why buy what you do not need? We are still in the first year of the Android conversion. I am hoping that they can get past the beta stage and offer an all touch. As far as Android... it is ok by me just as a find iOS ok.
    02-09-16 12:08 PM
    After years of Androids (and no interest in iPhones) I am thinking of returning to Blackberry. Because the last time I enjoyed using a mobile phone was circa.
    02-16-16 03:04 AM
96 ... 234