It wasn't BB10 that rejected, it was the lack of apps. It was all about the apps.
    Apps and bad timing for the launch after the delays. The app issue was a carry -over from the latter Legacy(stop-gap) devices that were supposed to keep us(consumers) content during the delay(s) of the BB10 launch. DEVs were leaving prior to BB10. Still remember all the complaints about the lack of themes and minimal apps.

BlackBerry Consumers: Accept what has happened and move forward /SM-G928A 😎
    02-06-16 08:39 PM
    No I don't think so. They would need to make BB10 with spyware and progressive lag to make the Android experience real.
    LOL. Agree!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-06-16 09:34 PM
    Priv is still such a cringe worthy name. Venice would have been so much better. What a beautiful name it is to convey an image of a luxurious (and ridiculously expensive) phone from the prestigious BlackBerry brand.

Posted via CB10
    The "after-shock" was null.
    We were all surprised (to say the least) at launch but I've not been reading much about the name lately. Seems that the PRIVacy explanation was clear enough to lift any possible confusion. But I agree, probably not the best name. Still, for once, it was meant to mean something ...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-08-16 02:39 AM
    Apps and bad timing for the launch after the delays. The app issue was a carry -over from the latter Legacy(stop-gap) devices that were supposed to keep us(consumers) content during the delay(s) of the BB10 launch. DEVs were leaving prior to BB10. Still remember all the complaints about the lack of themes and minimal apps.

BlackBerry Consumers: Accept what has happened and move forward /SM-G928A ��
    Yup. After my Z30's stop working, I am moving to Windows Phone. By then there will be a surface phone that would be what Heins envisioned for BlackBerry. The 850 is pretty much there.
    02-08-16 05:45 AM
    Yup. After my Z30's stop working, I am moving to Windows Phone. By then there will be a surface phone that would be what Heins envisioned for BlackBerry. The 850 is pretty much there.
    Hopefully Windows/Surface phone would be doing much better by that time. Current phone revenue declined by 49%.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=x92-SUzk

*A3-A20
    02-08-16 08:08 AM
    No they aren't, but if BlackBerry 10 had all the apps Android users and other consumers wanted, I think the outcome would have been different and the success of BlackBerry 10 would have been amazing. BB10 OS is so much better than any of the OS'S out there now.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    I would wager that it would make no difference at all if Blackberry had all the same apps or even MORE apps than android and iOS. The biggest issue that I see is that fact that no one knew it existed. Or that the devices offered simply had no appeal. Blackberry had a public image as a corporate device. People loved them an they got the job done. In the smart phone explosion people still thought of Blackberry as exactly that and it became inadequate. Blackberry did nothing to attempt to change that image and it stuck.
    They need a Buick or Hyundai type brand re-imaging.
    02-08-16 10:14 AM
    I would wager that it would make no difference at all if Blackberry had all the same apps or even MORE apps than android and iOS. The biggest issue that I see is that fact that no one knew it existed.
    Except that you can't separate these two factors so easily. If Blackberry had an ecosystem to rival Android and iOS, public awareness would have been there.

You can play what-if all day long. But the fact is, BB10 was released several years too late, and was going up against TWO entrenched platforms. That, in the end, is the root of the problem.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-08-16 10:32 AM
    Except that you can't separate these two factors so easily. If Blackberry had an ecosystem to rival Android and iOS, public awareness would have been there.

You can play what-if all day long. But the fact is, BB10 was released several years too late, and was going up against TWO entrenched platforms. That, in the end, is the root of the problem.
    Don't forget that each of those companies is about 100 times as bit as blackberry. And throw in Samsung. Is BB really going to win an advertising battle with Apple?

The entrenched part is important as well. My team had a workflow worked out using Apple and Google. We had purchased apps. Exactly why would we drop them for a system that couldn't compete?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-08-16 10:57 AM

Why do you think public awareness would follow? You could put that little Blackberry icon on all the app advertisements and people will still picture old java based BB with tiny screens. Now aday people think its a given that the app is available, especially Android people who have never used another device. The majority consumer is now a demographic who wouldn't even remember Blackberry other than what their parents may have used.
    02-08-16 11:19 AM
    I think the BlackBerry Experienced turned into the Priv... lol

Posted via CB10
    And using the Priv for about 15min. I call that device a complete Failure. $899 is basically ripping people off. I'm curious to find out how many people have returned this device. Best Buy already reported about 20 returns in my area out of about 25 sold. People were not expecting to get a BlackBerry with Android. The very OS they dumped. LOL

Rocking a Z30
    02-09-16 06:04 AM
    And using the Priv for about 15min. I call that device a complete Failure. $899 is basically ripping people off. I'm curious to find out how many people have returned this device. Best Buy already reported about 20 returns in my area out of about 25 sold. People were not expecting to get a BlackBerry with Android. The very OS they dumped. LOL

Rocking a Z30
    15 minutes, eh?

In my opinion, the Priv is the best phone BlackBerry has ever made - and this is from someone who knows BB10 inside and out and has used or owned every device BlackBerry has made for 10 years.

Don't expect to fit a square peg in a round hole. You have to take a deep breath and get used to the new OS - much like we had to do switching from BBOS to BB10. Muscle memory has to be reprogrammed.

The learning curve is insignificant for Android users - and those are the customers BlackBerry needs in order to survive.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-09-16 06:46 AM
    Will someone tell me about these magic apps I have never used are? When I switched from 7.1 to BB10 I reduced the number of apps I used (or never used) I don't play games or need fart apps so what am I missing?
    Basically agree, although to get my banking apps to work on BB10 took some finesse.

There is a barrier. My perfect phone would be a BB10 (probably Z30) with full access to Google Play Store. Period. No more discussion, no more visits to Crackberry.
    Asvertus and acovey like this.
    02-09-16 06:59 AM
    15 minutes, eh?

In my opinion, the Priv is the best phone BlackBerry has ever made - and this is from someone who knows BB10 inside and out and has used or owned every device BlackBerry has made for 10 years.

Don't expect to fit a square peg in a round hole. You have to take a deep breath and get used to the new OS - much like we had to do switching from BBOS to BB10. Muscle memory has to be reprogrammed.

The learning curve is insignificant for Android users - and those are the customers BlackBerry needs in order to survive.
    Just out of curiosity why?
    Just playing with one I cant honestly see a reason to buy one over anything else.
    02-09-16 07:05 AM
    Just playing with one I cant honestly see a reason to buy one over anything else.
    Yup. Used one myself for an hour. It's just an Android with a physical keyboard. Nothing special. The added software is pretty much useless. If I was to buy an Android, it wouldn't be a BlackBerry. Too much money for too common a product. And why would you buy a product from a company that continuously says that they will be getting out of the hardware business. No OEM makes any money on Android and BlackBerry won't be any different so you know they will be getting out of the hardware cause Chen says so if they can't money.
    02-09-16 07:11 AM
    Are you asking me why I would use a Priv over my Passport, or why I would buy a Priv instead of another Android device?

I will answer assuming the latter.

I like fast updates - so that basically means Nexus or Priv right off the bat. The Priv received the February patch on Feb 1st. I like that.

I find the BlackBerry launcher to be the best one I've ever used on Android - it is lean but very functional. Swipe up to file manager, Google Now, and HUB from anywhere is fantastic. Edge flyout is great, and I like the way widgets are handled.

The keyboard experience is second to none - both capacitive touch pkb and vkb.

The screen is fantastic, and the Priv feels better in my hand than any other Android device I have ever picked up. The dual edge screen makes the device seem a lot smaller than comparable screen-size devices out there.

Last, I do like supporting a Canadian company against the giants.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    02-09-16 07:15 AM
    Are you asking me why I would use a Priv over my Passport, or why I would buy a Priv instead of another Android device?

I will answer assuming the latter.

I like fast updates - so that basically means Nexus or Priv right off the bat. The Priv received the February patch on Feb 1st. I like that.

I find the BlackBerry launcher to be the best one I've ever used on Android - it is lean but very functional. Swipe up to file manager, Google Now, and HUB from anywhere is fantastic. Edge flyout is great, and I like the way widgets are handled.

The keyboard experience is second to none - both capacitive touch pkb and vkb.

The screen is fantastic, and the Priv feels better in my hand than any other Android device I have ever picked up. The dual edge screen makes the device seem a lot smaller than comparable screen-size devices out there.

Last, I do like supporting a Canadian company against the giants.
    Ok thanks. That is very clear as to why you chose it over any other android device. Why is it the best phone Blackberry has produced?
    02-09-16 07:19 AM
    Ok thanks. That is very clear as to why you chose it over any other android device. Why is it the best phone Blackberry has produced?
    Let me clarify.

I think all of the BlackBerry devices I've owned were well built and felt great in the hand (except for the bargain Q5 - although that is pretty solid too).

I also love the BB10 OS. HUB, peek and flow, gestures. Beautiful.

By best device - I mean overall user experience.

I can simply get more of my work done now without having to carry a second device. I actually do use a number of work apps that were not available on BB10.

The File Management on Android is miles ahead of BB10 - and that is critical for me.

For my work flow, the sharing between apps, and the way Android handles links by opening the relevant app is second to none.

And I have to admit, that Google Now is amazing. The voice assistant is crazy-good, and the card feature is a massive time saver. Having my boarding passes, package tracking info, investments, weather, news articles, directions - all right there at my fingertips (on one screen) has become indispensable.
    02-09-16 07:34 AM
    I've been here 2 years and it's the same old debate BlackBerry die hards vs the world.

There is only so much John Chen can do. LM and TH put BlackBerry in such a downward spiral. We are just lucky the doors are open. To many wrong turns before JC.

BB10 before JC was garbage, it is only in the past 15 months that it's been acceptable.

I still use my 9900 as my primary phone with the Priv replacing the Classic.

Some of the same people are in denial that told me to move on to BB10 and BBM10. Look back at my threads/posts when people basically said I was full of ****. Well looks who's eating now. Time to get your heads out and look at the sun. Last laugh!

The Priv will save BlackBerry and put a new image on BlackBerry. JC knows to trim the fat and move on.

BlackBerry PRIV w/9900 Classic backup
    02-09-16 07:41 AM
    Let me clarify.

I think all of the BlackBerry devices I've owned were well built and felt great in the hand (except for the bargain Q5 - although that is pretty solid too).

I also love the BB10 OS. HUB, peek and flow, gestures. Beautiful.

By best device - I mean overall user experience.

I can simply get more of my work done now without having to carry a second device. I actually do use a number of work apps that were not available on BB10.

The File Management on Android is miles ahead of BB10 - and that is critical for me.

For my work flow, the sharing between apps, and the way Android handles links by opening the relevant app is second to none.

And I have to admit, that Google Now is amazing. The voice assistant is crazy-good, and the card feature is a massive time saver. Having my boarding passes, package tracking info, investments, weather, news articles, directions - all right there at my fingertips (on one screen) has become indispensable.
    Thanks for that. I agree that BB10 is being left behind. These are all elements that we should have had by now but Blackberry clearly had no plans to be successful. Android offers a lot of solutions for common problems but I feel its done quite poorly. Have you used iOS at all for comparison? Also could you explain how file management on android is better?
    02-09-16 07:47 AM
    Have you used iOS at all for comparison? Also could you explain how file management on android is better?
    I have ipads lying around the house like most families. The iPhone is capable for sure, but it's not for me. I find the experience rather constraining. I like options.

Using Solid Explorer, I can have my home server as a drive on my device (via webdav or ftp). There are two screen pages full of cloud connection setup options - and I use many of them. You can split-screen and drag and drop files back and forth. I also have my file manager accessible with a swipe up (and slightly left) from anywhere.
    02-09-16 07:59 AM
    All you have to do is look at the news, blogs, critics and even now BlackBerry management. The reason that they moved to Android is because of the apps. That is still what is being said. I am just repeating that. I haven't had a problem with apps, I also write the ones I need for BB10.
    2 thumbs up.

To bad BlackBerry didn't have 20k people like you.

BlackBerry PRIV w/9900 Classic backup
    02-09-16 08:15 AM
    I have ipads lying around the house like most families. The iPhone is capable for sure, but it's not for me. I find the experience rather constraining. I like options.

Using Solid Explorer, I can have my home server as a drive on my device (via webdav or ftp). There are two screen pages full of cloud connection setup options - and I use many of them. You can split-screen and drag and drop files back and forth. I also have my file manager accessible with a swipe up (and slightly left) from anywhere.
    So your using a 3rd party app for file management? Are you also using a 3rd party app for the launcher?
    02-09-16 08:47 AM
    You mentioned the File Manager being better than BB10. I am excited to hear that. I understand by default there is no file manager, so what File Manager are you using, or is that the Solid Explorer that you mentioned? Also can you post a screen shot of the split screen on the file manager. That sounds very useful.

Thank you!
    You can split-screen and drag and drop files back and forth. I also have my file manager accessible with a swipe up (and slightly left) from anywhere.
    02-09-16 08:51 AM
    So your using a 3rd party app for file management? Are you also using a 3rd party app for the launcher?
    Using Solid Explorer. Very well respected developer.

Using BlackBerry default launcher.
    02-09-16 08:56 AM
    You mentioned the File Manager being better than BB10. I am excited to hear that. I understand by default there is no file manager, so what File Manager are you using, or is that the Solid Explorer that you mentioned? Also can you post a screen shot of the split screen on the file manager. That sounds very useful.

Thank you!
    Attaching a split screen screen shot. You can put anything on either side of course.

Also showing cloud options.
    Attached Thumbnails Future looks promising.-1455029876848.jpg   Future looks promising.-1455029942645.jpg   Future looks promising.-1455029950838.jpg  
    seemsixty7 likes this.
    02-09-16 08:59 AM
96 1234