...What?...
    06-17-13 09:34 AM
    Horrible idea for a phone what happens when you hold the phone in your hand you'd be hitting touch targets on the backs screen that's one reason wrap around screens have yet to and will never take off. you dont hold a phone by the corners unless you're watching a movie. OP you're welcome to try SuperGluing the backs of a Q10 and Z10 together by all means.
    You don't know a chip call gravity sensor?
    06-18-13 01:08 AM
    Nah , led screen is cheap, CPU is cheap
    06-18-13 01:10 AM
    Actually, those are two of the most expensive parts of the phone.
    Michael Magliocchi likes this.
    06-18-13 05:17 AM
    You don't know a chip call gravity sensor?
    and what about use when you're in bed and looking UP at your phone? and i think you're referring to the accellerometer not a "gravity sensor" and its not a chip its a sensor.
    LED is even more expensive than LCD and the LCD display in the Z10 for example retail about 200 post market. OLED is EVEN HIGHER in price.

as for CPU you would either need a Quad Core ( again higher in price than the current Dual Core Snapdragon S4 chips in both the Z10 and Q10) that would be partitioned such that each "side" of the phone would be dedicated to 2 cores so there wouldnt be any increase in performance for the price upgrade of a quad core, OR go with 2 independent CPUS which is usually impractible in todays techynology. The "KILLER" phone you have described would result in uncoverable loss and a waste of R&D.

Can we close this thread?
    06-18-13 09:01 AM
    They should just go with the stats. If market has a demand for keyboard devices then they should make more Q10's. Otherwise concentrate on Z10 and launch a new phone every 6 months. like other companies do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-18-13 09:07 AM
    I came up with wacky this idea several months ago on this site ( I wasn't probably the first either) along with a slider where the keyboard flipped over from the back to the front.

Right now I think a killer device would be all most all screen like the Xperia. Big screen with a small body. A BB slider would be very interesting as well.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-18-13 at 10:19 AM.
    06-18-13 10:07 AM
    A BB slider would be very interesting as well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-803252/
    06-19-13 06:56 AM
    I came up with wacky this idea several months ago on this site ( I wasn't probably the first either) along with a slider where the keyboard flipped over from the back to the front.

Right now I think a killer device would be all most all screen like the Xperia. Big screen with a small body. A BB slider would be very interesting as well.
    They could just have a wireless keyboard cover etc for keyboard users. I think Z10 is coming out to be a more popular model of the two.

06-19-13 07:03 AM
    They could just have a wireless keyboard cover etc for keyboard users. I think Z10 is coming out to be a more popular model of the two.

Just for you ! 7 Portable Bluetooth Keyboards for the iPhone
    06-19-13 06:34 PM
35 12