This is good for all mobile device users...significant battery improvement...I didn't see it posted so if I'm duplicating a thread, I apologize.

Smarthphone Battery Life Could Be Doubled Or Tripled With Silicon Graphene Tech | TPM Idea Lab
    11-12-12 07:43 PM
    This is good for all mobile device users...significant battery improvement...I didn't see it posted so if I'm duplicating a thread, I apologize.

Smarthphone Battery Life Could Be Doubled Or Tripled With Silicon Graphene Tech | TPM Idea Lab
    If as good as it claims it is we probably wouldn't see that much increase in battery life. Just more power hungry proccessors.
    11-12-12 09:01 PM
    I'm glad that the technology isn't just a proof of concept but an existing one, it means we could see it commercially pretty soon (the articles talks about 6 months to get it at the right scale) and more importantly they're ballparking the cost of the tech right next to the current existing ones. Exciting news and well overdue.

If as good as it claims it is we probably wouldn't see that much increase in battery life. Just more power hungry proccessors.
    There's always a direct correlation to how much power you can put into a device, the software running on that device and the battery capacity. I find it pretty ridiculous to use a 4-core CPU in a handheld device that's only capable of using a 10th of the total processing power. I can edit pictures using minimal resources on my phone right now, what will change when putting a 4-core CPU in it? It will edit them faster? Might be an incentive for some to upgrade but i don't use my phone to edit pictures that often. It's there if i need it, thats it. Unless we'll all be movie directors recording and editing a full feature film on the phones of the future i just don't see why we need that extra CPU power in a mobile phone.

The difference between a 1-core, 2-core and a 4-core phone lies merely in the execution time (on the note that the app is optimized to use all the cores). So what if you need to wait that second longer. I'd rather have a device that i can charge overnight and use throughout the day than having to charge it every 2 hours.
    11-13-12 04:44 AM
    The difference between a 1-core, 2-core and a 4-core phone lies merely in the execution time (on the note that the app is optimized to use all the cores). So what if you need to wait that second longer. I'd rather have a device that i can charge overnight and use throughout the day than having to charge it every 2 hours.
    More cores equals more power to handle more tasks simultaneously, without slowing down. To merely think that it only affects execution time is a gross understatement. Do you really think the Playbook would be able to handle it's "Showcase" features with 1 core? Or Samsung's MultiWindow feature on the Note 2 with only 1 core?

Maybe 1 core is good enough for what you do with your phone (text, call, and edit some photos), but a lot of other people like being able to have their phone handle whatever they throw at it, without any compromise in performance or stability.
    11-14-12 05:17 PM