I was at a customer event last night for work and these two guys were showing off their iPhones. You know, like they are the only ones that have them. Anyhow, one guy was saying how cool it is that he can just talk into it for web searches. He demonstrated. "Websearch history of dance youtube" he said into the mic. The iPhone pulled up a google search result about 10 seconds later, then he clicked on the first link, but it said can't playback, something about not having sufficient 3G coverage.

So I said, cool. Hey, check this out, and pressed my left conv key to launch vlingo, said "websearch history of dance youtube." About 3 seconds later, google search results showed, I clicked the first link, youtube came up in 2 seconds, clicked on video, video started playing in 5 seconds.

I guess my point is that the iphone is an incredible device, but my Tour can do lots of great things too, and can do it in more places.
    09-04-09 08:12 AM
    BB vs. Iphone = always a good story (well when the BB wins)
    09-04-09 08:13 AM
    1. Verizon

2. Blackberry

nuff said
    09-04-09 08:15 AM
    Lol...once again - Iphone falls short!
    09-04-09 08:22 AM
    My aunt asked me "should i get the iphone or the tour?" she was either staying with sprint or going to att. i of course said tour, just a knee **** reflex, but i explained the highs and lows of both phones. well she chose the iphone, last night she called me from her house phone, "i can t figure this damn thing out. im just going back to sprint" so we will see what happens next.
    09-04-09 08:34 AM
    Nicely done, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 09:03 AM

I guess my point is that the iphone is an incredible device, but my Tour can do lots of great things too, and can do it in more places.
    I agree the iPhone is an incredible device. I have an iPod Touch and enjoy the features on it. But if the Storm 2 is everything it is rumored to be (improved SurePress, wifi, better OS, etc...) added to all of the iPhone/AT&T problems, the tables might turn and the conversation will be how the iPhone compares to Blackberry rather than how every other device compares to the iPhone.
    09-04-09 10:12 AM
    More iphone bashing .. Imo I don't think the iphone shouldve been released when it did it was all push push push and look at all the problems its had and rim releases many BB with so very little problems

09-04-09 10:14 AM
    "We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it." Go Blackberry!!
    09-04-09 11:52 AM
    I love comparing my Bold to other people's Iphones at work - opening more than one application at once, vlingo with the left convenience button, speed dial, side microSD slot, etc. I especially like demonstrating how easy it is to use one hand after they have to use both hands for practically everything. The best though, is when they start using their useless fart and lightsaber apps, then I open the Speedracer video that comes pre-installed and jaws in the room start dropping.
    09-04-09 12:19 PM
    I dig this short story....BB!

09-04-09 12:22 PM
    This isn't an iPhone vs. BB thread, this is an AT&T vs. Verizon thread.
    09-04-09 12:59 PM
    More iphone bashing .. Imo I don't think the iphone shouldve been released when it did it was all push push push and look at all the problems its had and rim releases many BB with so very little problems

Really? The Storm? The Tour? The Bold when it first came out (not AT&T release)?

Every device has problems. People just love to pick on the iPhone.
    09-04-09 01:04 PM
    This isn't an iPhone vs. BB thread, this is an AT&T vs. Verizon thread.
    Yeah, sort of. In the end, what is an iphone with poor coverage?

09-04-09 05:45 PM
    Yeah, sort of. In the end, what is an iphone with poor coverage?

A fancy conversation piece?

09-04-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD