This guy saw me checking my phone for the time and asked what phone I had. I told him a BlackBerry. He responded with "BlackBerry?!! They still make phones? You gotta upgrade". I asked what he had. He said an Android. My response was "I thought you said I should upgrade". We both laughed (it was my BlackBerry Q10 btw he definitely did not know about BlackBerry 10).

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-11-14 09:22 PM
    Similar situation a while ago, my response was that I could run android and blackberry apps on my BlackBerry so why should I upgrade? He of course did not believe me, until I showed him a few of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:26 PM
    I saw bill gates at the airport lounge in Sweden as guess what he was carrying a Q10. Made my day

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:58 PM
    I saw bill gates at the airport lounge in Sweden as guess what he was carrying a Q10. Made my day

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure it wasn't a windows phone? If he was truly carrying a Q10 then that really is cool.
    08-11-14 10:18 PM
    My sister was telling me her husband was looking to it upgrade his curve. He was looking at the q5. The lady at the store talked him out of it. Said it was so complicated people don't like it. They can't figure BlackBerry 10 out. I started to laugh and handed her my z10. Hahaha I said it is so easy it becomes second nature.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 08-12-14 at 09:28 AM.
    08-12-14 12:24 AM
    Same situation with me when i was travelling and someone asked me, is this BlackBerry fone? Is this company still alive?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 04:19 AM
    after purchasing my z10, i show my z10 to my friends, They had all negative complaints about Blackberry.
    After showing the new operating system , they were speechless hahahaha.
    they didnt believe it was that good !!!! lol
    08-12-14 04:29 AM
    Are you sure it wasn't a windows phone? If he was truly carrying a Q10 then that really is cool.
    On BES10 with Secusmart? ;-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 07:21 AM
    I had one lady who saw the BB logo on my case and said "Oh I left BlackBerry and upgraded to the iPhone. U should do the same". I smiled and informed her that this was an upgrade. Then I showed her the Hub, calendar, keyboard, HDMI, NFC etc that the phone has. The whole time she kept saying that her iPhone could not do that.

I did tell her that she has to pick a phone that works best for her. And if she is happy with her phone, that's all that matters.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-12-14 07:25 AM
    You know who's fault this is, BB's. They publicly put themselves up for sale and haven't really done anything to dispel the notion that they are dead.
    08-12-14 08:05 AM
    I was on the phone a AT&T U-verse tech support the other day and when I told the guy I had a BlackBerry he said "BlackBerry makes the best phones ever! "

That was pretty cool to hear

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    lift and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-12-14 08:10 AM
    You know who's fault this is, BB's. They publicly put themselves up for sale and haven't really done anything to dispel the notion that they are dead.
    Because they were genuinely in the brown and nasty and haemorrhaging money. The only way to dispel the notion is to improve the financials, which they're now doing. All the marketing in the world doesn't change the fundamentals.
    08-12-14 08:14 AM
    I don't understand why sales people even feel they need to make smart**s comments about any device. One thing I learned in sales 40 years ago, you never insult anything the customer owns. If you sell cars, and they drive a competitor's brand, tell them that it's a great brand. If I walk into a car dealer and they make fun of my pickup truck, I turn around and walk out the door. If I walk into a At&T store and they make fun of my BB, I'm out the door. But I don't buy any of my devices in store, but online. When you buy online, your blood pressure doesn't spike like it does when you deal with sales people.
    08-12-14 08:16 AM
    On BES10 with Secusmart? ;-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Good point. I guess his privacy and security are worth something to him.
    08-12-14 09:48 AM