I was using my BlackBerry Q10 of course and this kid says �Why do you use BlackBerry?� I told him that I like my BlackBerry and always have. He said �BlackBerry is junk and get an Iphone.� Then we had a funny little argument after that. I told him I like the security and not having to worry about hackings. He goes on to say BlackBerry is less secure than Apple and I just laughed. He even said that �BlackBerry is an open OS.� I was like REALLY!? ARE YOU A FREAKING MORON! Then he bad mouths the Porshe design phone and Passport yet he knew nothing about them at all. He loves Apple everything of course and I told him that he's just an Apple Fanboy and nothing more. The kid sitting to the left of me backed me up because he knew info about BlackBerry which I was shocked. He claimed he knew a ton about technology but really... he's just another Isheep following just Apple. So yeah, that's it.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:54 PM
    Don't be too hard on him. We have fanboys on the Berry side of the fence as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 05:00 PM
    Don't be too hard on him. We have fanboys on the Berry side of the fence as well.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't too too hard on him lol. I'm not really a fanboy because I like all OS systems but BlackBerry is just my favorite. I just hate the fact people can't get their facts right.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and bungaboy like this.
    02-06-15 05:08 PM
    I don't know what it is with people and iphones. So many of them seem to feel the need to discredit someone's choice to have a BlackBerry . It amazes me. Even my family doctor who while slowly pecking away on his iPhone, looking something up and saying, when I suggested a Passport which he didn't even look at, oh no,no,no, BlackBerry's have no apps. Lol Never have I criticized another person's freaking phone of any kind.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-06-15 05:18 PM
    I usually show them all of the features that r not on the iPhone. That usually settles them down. The question I tend to ask is "What do u know about the OS10 and the QNX platform".

Posted via Classic
    02-06-15 05:54 PM
    It sounds like you were arguing with a kid... enough said.
    02-06-15 05:55 PM
    It sounds like you were arguing with a kid... enough said.
    Thing is, I'm a kid too lol. Just can't help em but so be it. I know what I like and no one can change that.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:12 PM
    I don't know what it is with people and iphones. So many of them seem to feel the need to discredit someone's choice to have a BlackBerry . It amazes me. Even my family doctor who while slowly pecking away on his iPhone, looking something up and saying, when I suggested a Passport which he didn't even look at, oh no,no,no, BlackBerry's have no apps. Lol Never have I criticized another person's freaking phone of any kind.

Posted via CB10
    They truly make no since at all. I haven't criticized anyone either but Apple is starting to get the criticism too. No one ever stays in first forever. All part of technology and companies

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:14 PM
    You have to remember that a lot of "kids" weren't around when BBRY was in their prime ,all they know is Iphone kicked their **** and are now number 1. For them it's an easy , no brainer phone that works great for what they need it for.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    02-06-15 06:39 PM
    For them it's an easy , no brainer phone that works great for what they need it for.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    Emphasis mine... ;-)

No offense...

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-06-15 09:12 PM
    Kids don't know better. You shouldn't tell them off like that. You should tech them about manners and not to judge others base on their preference in phones. Just like teaching them not to stereotype people based on the colors of their skin.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    02-06-15 09:36 PM
    Kids don't know better. You shouldn't tell them off like that. You should tech them about manners and not to judge others base on their preference in phones. Just like teaching them not to stereotype people based on the colors of their skin.
    Educate, educate...
    The ones with no first-hand experience on a device won't know any better. Have patience. If it's done in a non-confrontational way, they might actually appreciate and like what they see. :-D

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    BB_Junky likes this.
    02-06-15 10:08 PM
    I am a kid.. 15 years old and he was claiming that he knew a ton about technology. I just told him about BlackBerry and how it's changed along with proving him wrong. I can't teach others manners :/ Not really my job to teach them that.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-15 10:20 PM
    It's like the old days when some of us were younger...pre Internet days. The days of mobile music meant you carried around your boom box on your shoulder. The days of shuffled music meant you set up a bunch of 45's on your record player.

When we were younger we all had our favourite cars...Chrysler...Chevy...Ford. If you liked Ford and your buddy liked Chevy, you'd get into an argument on which car was cooler.

You like Ford? That stands for Found On Road Dead. You like Chevy? They suck!

It's the same thing with phones. You like BlackBerry? They suck!

The funnier thing is I or anyone I know who has a BlackBerry doesn't go out of our way to ***** slap those with an iPhone or Android phone. It's ALWAYS seems to be the other way around.

If you like what you like, it's always fine for me. If it works for you and you like it, who am I to say it sucks. Just keep your trap shut when I'm on my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-15 10:43 PM
    You like Ford? That stands for Found On Road Dead. You like Chevy? They suck!

It's the same thing with phones. You like BlackBerry? They suck!

The funnier thing is I or anyone I know who has a BlackBerry doesn't go out of our way to ***** slap those with an iPhone or Android phone. It's ALWAYS seems to be the other way around.

If you like what you like, it's always fine for me. If it works for you and you like it, who am I to say it sucks. Just keep your trap shut when I'm on my BlackBerry.
    So, you are a Chrysler man?

It's very true about people trying to feel good about themselves through their brand association. On these forums I can sometimes be quick to defend because it seems like many people here like to debate about the quality or function of various BlackBerry products. When it comes to someone's choice in a brand though, I stay out of it.

I really feel there is a difference there. When it comes to someone criticizing the 'brand', I see a useless juvenile argument better to avoid. When someone criticizes the product, I am much quicker to defend.

When I buy new running shoes, I don't care what logo is on them, as long as they are comfortable and suit my needs. If they fall apart in two weeks, then I may have choice words about the brand. If not, and someone says to me 'I can't believe you wear Nike shoes,' I find it funny and assure them that they are indeed comfortable but I appreciate their concern with the well-being of my feet.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-06-15 11:05 PM
    I am a kid.. 15 years old and he was claiming that he knew a ton about technology. I just told him about BlackBerry and how it's changed along with proving him wrong. I can't teach others manners :/ Not really my job to teach them that.
    You have my full support on this... be who you are and be proud.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-07-15 12:57 PM
    All of this depends on the person. A few weeks ago someone posted a picture of someone in a coffee shop holding an iPhone and for no apparent reason posted the picture on here to make fun of him.

BB users do the same thing to users on other platforms. I can't even list the hundreds of threads in here where someone has said "So I saw this person using an iPhone and I decided to confront him and educated him on why BB10 is better." Point being that users in here do the exact same thing to users of other OS's. When it's done this way it's considered "Educating" another user. When someone confronts a BB user it's considered "trolling or immature" behavior.
    02-08-15 09:26 AM
    I can't even list the hundreds of threads in here where someone has said "So I saw this person using an iPhone and I decided to confront him and educated him on why BB10 is better."
    I don't believe you.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-08-15 09:50 AM