Well, I tried out BBSAK for the hybrid OS install and everything went well, but my goodness...I went from 15MB or so (sometimes as low as 12-13) to 21MB free. Thats incredible. Currently at 20MB after 6 or 7 hours.

I cant find anything missing app wise and the 8830 works just fine.

Where the heck did all the free mem come from?

Only ONE problem.....I went out and bought my youngest son a Curve tonight ...sigh...I gotta admit thats a nice piece of hardware. My 8830 WE is still one of the best devices ever made in my opinion, but geez that Curve is nice. Display is sweet.

Anyway, to get back to the topic I just dont understand where that memory was being hogged before, but that wipe sure as heck worked wonders!

Pete
    08-29-09 10:02 PM
    Programs use it. Yr wipe jus deleted all the temp stuff n cache they use. It will come back after a while so will be short lived. But sometimes the upgraded os are jus slightly smaller builds too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:11 AM
    Can't tell you where the memory went because I have no clue. I also noted a significant improvement in my 8320 after wiping and installing .162 on it. I had removed a med program months ago that I liked, but took up too much. Now it works fine, memory isn't stellar, but the 8320 doesn't have a ton to begin with. I'm happy now, it just takes a lot of messing around with the phone to install it the way you want. I bricked my phone accidently the first install, and intentionaly the second. Still don't think Crack Mem did what I wanted 100 %, but it did most, and I didn't even realize it at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD