does any of the ninjas know if there will be a full touch screen gsm blackberry coming to at&t or tmobile??? if so, please let us know. thanks.
    05-31-09 12:49 PM
    If you're oin att and want a full touch then I'd wait for the new iphone, just my 2 cents sorry its not an answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 01:52 PM
    As far as I know, the Pluto is the GSM phone you want.
    05-31-09 02:02 PM
    Iphone worked great while I had it, but the problem with full touch is that if it senses you hit a key, you often get misspellings or sms messages that get sent before they are complete...least in my case as i have bigger fingers.
    05-31-09 02:07 PM
    That is what I want as well--a full touchscreen BlackBerry on AT&T. I had hoped that would be the Magnum, but apparently it is not. Hopefully it is the Pluto and it drops on AT&T by Christmas 2009. I'm eligible to upgrade now, my Curve is dying on me, and I don't think I can hold out to 2010. I'm not an Apple guy, so I really don't want to settle for an iPhone. After switching my entire family to AT&T, I can't really switch them to Verizon, so the Storm 2 will not work for me.

I recall CX referring to the Magnum and Pluto (both rumored to be AT&T bound) and him saying one was a full touchscreen and the other touch+qwerty ... I hope that means we will see the full touchscreen (Pluto?) soon.
    06-04-09 06:52 PM
    Doesn't the 9520 have NA 3G GSM radios?
    06-04-09 07:19 PM
    Ya, but more for the world idea. The Pluto is a GSM designed full touch phone.

I can't wait for more on the Magnum myself. Touch+QWERTY
    06-04-09 08:31 PM
    Well it would, yes, but at this point there isn't one. Only the 9500 and Verizon's 9530. Neither of those Storms have NA GSM 3G radios. The Verizon version has the CDMA equivalent, but it will not get North American GSM 3G. So if you unlock a Storm and put it on the AT&T network you can get it to work, but only over Edge ... no AT&T 3G.

There was a rumor that BlackBerry would be making a model with North American GSM 3G ... and the logical number for it would be the 9520. But, there was never any official word and it hasn't come out. At one time one of the Canadian GSM carriers apparently had a poster of getting a Storm, but the poster was quickly taken down, the launch scrapped. If it does launch, it will be so far past that point in time that I suspect it will be a version of the Storm 2 made for NA GSM.

I'm still hoping one comes out, especially if it comes out on AT&T, but it doesn't appear to be coming out this year, which sucks.
    Last edited by Digital; 06-04-09 at 09:12 PM.
    06-04-09 09:10 PM
    [QUOTE=Digital;2734220]Well it would, yes, but at this point there isn't one. Only the 9500 and Verizon's 9530. Neither of those Storms have NA GSM 3G radios. The Verizon version has the CDMA equivalent, but it will not get North American GSM 3G. So if you unlock a Storm and put it on the AT&T network you can get it to work, but only over Edge ... no AT&T 3G.

damn, i thought i would be able to unlock a storm and get it to work with the at&t 3g network.
    06-06-09 12:36 AM
    looks like verizon has it locked up good
    for awhile
    06-17-09 11:16 AM
    btw is the storm 2 supposed to come out this year?
    06-17-09 11:17 AM
    btw is the storm 2 supposed to come out this year?
    Yes, and it will be for VZ.
    06-17-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD