View Poll Results: would you like to see full android (kitkat/jb) running on a q10 or 9900 form factor hardware?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 55.56%
  • no

4 44.44%
    has anyone seen anything about devs trying to port full android to run on standard bb hardware? Yes, i know we can sideload APK's and i do so with snap or manually sideloading them but there are all kinds of performance issues, resolution issues, load issues, etc etc and apps are kind of hit or miss and sometimes an update will break functionality of an app. Because of these cons, i have been interested and trying out porting kitkat or jellybean to the q10 hardware but i can honestly admit i am a terrible dev. Has anyone had better luck? is anyone interested in trying this out? anyone know of any projects aimed at trying this?

-tsnm
    04-10-14 11:27 AM
    has anyone seen anything about devs trying to port full android to run on standard bb hardware? Yes, i know we can sideload APK's and i do so with snap or manually sideloading them but there are all kinds of performance issues, resolution issues, load issues, etc etc and apps are kind of hit or miss and sometimes an update will break functionality of an app. Because of these cons, i have been interested and trying out porting kitkat or jellybean to the q10 hardware but i can honestly admit i am a terrible dev. Has anyone had better luck? is anyone interested in trying this out? anyone know of any projects aimed at trying this?

-tsnm
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-make-911710/

OP, i don't think you'll get a good response. People are biased
    04-10-14 11:53 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-make-911710/

OP, i don't think you'll get a good response. People are biased
    i figure that is true but it was worth a shot at asking. it would be a cool project to do just to say we could do it.
    04-10-14 12:51 PM
    Well, leaving all of my personal bias against Android aside, it would be the first decent qwerty candybar device. The Motorola Pro and Admiral for example were poorly spec'd.
    04-10-14 01:54 PM
    Well, leaving all of my personal bias against Android aside, it would be the first decent qwerty candybar device. The Motorola Pro and Admiral for example were poorly spec'd.
    agreed. I personally love my blackberry devices, and especially their keyboards. I had the moto pro and it was terrible.
    04-10-14 02:04 PM
    That will not be possible as the BlackBerry bootloader is highly locked down. Which is why you can't root a BlackBerry. BlackBerry can of course load any OS they want.

I wrote a post a long time ago saying BlackBerry should offer an Android loader for their hardware. That way people might be willing to buy the phones if they know they can replace the OS should they wish to.

Posted using my Peerless BlackBerry Z30
    could you link that blog here please?
    04-10-14 02:15 PM