I'm building a carputer this summer and was hoping to have full phone control via BT with it. I'm talking send/receive calls, texts, internet, etc etc. Is there a program that can do this? Preferably something for Windows XP, SP3. I'd prefer BT, but could run a USB cable if needed.
    04-29-09 01:44 PM
    I don't even know what the question is here.

That was wayyy too hella confusing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 03:35 AM
    What he wants to do is get his Carputer to control all the phone features. He'd use his carputer to control the phones activities, such as making calls, sending text messages, etc.
    05-22-09 05:05 PM
    I'm building a carputer this summer and was hoping to have full phone control via BT with it. I'm talking send/receive calls, texts, internet, etc etc. Is there a program that can do this? Preferably something for Windows XP, SP3. I'd prefer BT, but could run a USB cable if needed.
    I've tried this but unfortunately the BB's dont support most standard GSM/CDMA modem commands through serial bt. I have a "carputer" as well, and wrote custom software for my old Motorola to do all this and that worked great. I have tried with the BB but it only has limited AT command support and none of it is really usefully. Just about all I can do is answer, hang up and dial a call.

There was an app written for other phones called PhoneControl.net (Phoco for short), but its discontinued now and didnt support the BB either. There was also RRMobile but development halted after a few months.

The last experiments I did with this was with my 8330, but now I have a Bold maybe I'll do some tests tonight and see what if its improved anything.

I had tried to contact a few BB developers to work with to do an app like this for the BB but none of them seemed interested. I believe this could be done, it would just need a small app on the BB to be written to pass data through BT to the PC and then I could write the PC end (which I already did for my previous program).
    05-22-09 05:19 PM
    can i use my phone and have it answers calls at the same time. I heard there was a fix or work around for the 833o is this what your saying cannot be done or can it.
    07-18-09 04:06 PM
    can i use my phone and have it answers calls at the same time. I heard there was a fix or work around for the 833o is this what your saying cannot be done or can it.
    can someone answer us please!
    07-28-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD