Popped into Sasktel in my hometown with only 18,000 people and I was glad to see the full lineup is still here with no end in sight.

There was a guy looking at them so I said "not many go for those anymore eh?"

He replied ...

"I've always liked them"

Full lineup still available (pic)-img_1491601798.519435.jpg
    04-07-17 04:50 PM
    Wow! Shame dtek60 never made it to carriers
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-07-17 04:52 PM
    Wow! Shame dtek60 never made it to carriers
    Oh ya I missed that one.
    04-07-17 07:24 PM
    There has usually been a small display of BB devices at my local Telus store, and the staff have always been positive about BB devices.

Of course, I'm usually there at the launch of each new BB device, so maybe they just recognize me and play along.
    04-07-17 08:06 PM
    There has usually been a small display of BB devices at my local Telus store, and the staff have always been positive about BB devices.

Of course, I'm usually there at the launch of each new BB device, so maybe they just recognize me and play along.
    I'm willing to bet our American friends are a little surprised at that photo above ;-)

I remember one time at Best Buy I asked to see a BlackBerry a couple of years ago and the guy told me flat out "I don't show blackberries to customers. "I was pretty shocked and actually stunned, I mean if people want to see them that's our choice. Yes they had them in stock but he had no interest in showing them for some reason, obviously biased and hated them.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-07-17 10:56 PM
    That is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-08-17 03:21 AM
    Half of the Bell stores I've been in don't even have a demo unit of any BlackBerry devices
    04-08-17 12:36 PM
    Half of the Bell stores I've been in don't even have a demo unit of any BlackBerry devices
    I'll have to pop into the Bell store next time at the mall and see what they have. We only got bell just within the last five years or so in Western Canada.
    04-08-17 03:40 PM
    I'll have to pop into the Bell store next time at the mall and see what they have. We only got bell just within the last five years or so in Western Canada.
    Lol where? I lived in Fort mcmurray for the past 10 years and they had Bell there all those years. Used to sell for Wireless Wave. (Bell/Virgin, Rogers/Fido) same in Vancouver.
    04-08-17 05:15 PM
    Lol nm. Realized you were in Saskatchewan. They had a monopoly there with sasktel eh
    04-08-17 05:16 PM
    Lol nm. Realized you were in Saskatchewan. They had a monopoly there with sasktel eh
    Yup and for decades all we had was Sasktel. No other choice for home phones also, that's all changed now ..

Sasktel build all the infrastructure here (government crown $) and now Telus, Virgin and probably others piggyback on the Sasktel towers. Rogers of course have their own towers.

I think Bell might have a deal worked out with Sasktel also to piggyback but not 100% sure on that.
    04-08-17 07:28 PM
    I was in Vancouver last Oct. and went looking for some BlackBerry. I went to a mall about two blocks up from the Pacific Convention Centre and there were several kiosks there on the ground floor. There was only one Priv and one Classic on display in one of those kiosks. The guy there looked up from his iPad, saw me looking at the Blackberry, and turned back to his pad. I had thought that it would be very easy to find BlackBerries of different models there, lol. But obviously I was in the wrong town.

Posted from my  Passport
    04-09-17 01:47 AM
    I was in Vancouver last Oct. and went looking for some BlackBerry. I went to a mall about two blocks up from the Pacific Convention Centre and there were several kiosks there on the ground floor. There was only one Priv and one Classic on display in one of those kiosks. The guy there looked up from his iPad, saw me looking at the Blackberry, and turned back to his pad. I had thought that it would be very easy to find BlackBerries of different models there, lol. But obviously I was in the wrong town.

Posted from my  Passport
    I guess even the store clerks have a bias against BlackBerry as we see now in our cases. I don't particularly like when the clerks have basically written off BlackBerry by not even wanting to show them to people. I don't think it's their call to make, the customer is always right :-)
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-09-17 02:43 AM
    I guess even the store clerks have a bias against BlackBerry as we see now in our cases. I don't particularly like when the clerks have basically written off BlackBerry by not even wanting to show them to people. I don't think it's their call to make, the customer is always right :-)
    I doubt a single worker in a mobile phone store today has ever met a rep from BlackBerry since Thor let them all go in October 2013. On the other hand they see reps from Apple, Samsung, Google and a few others on a regular basis. They also probably get regular incentives at times for selling these phones. Why bother trying to sell phones from companies that don't take the time to regularly train them and incent them.
    04-09-17 03:51 AM
    I'm willing to bet our American friends are a little surprised at that photo above ;-)

I remember one time at Best Buy I asked to see a BlackBerry a couple of years ago and the guy told me flat out "I don't show blackberries to customers. "I was pretty shocked and actually stunned, I mean if people want to see them that's our choice. Yes they had them in stock but he had no interest in showing them for some reason, obviously biased and hated them.
    Not surprised at all, when I lived in New York most of the phone stores in business areas always had a full display. Since in the US Blackberry has always been the (go to business phone) you needed to go to stores that leaned more to the professional.
    04-09-17 07:49 AM

For sure. Here in NYC you'd never see anything like that. In fact B&H Photo is pretty much the only store still having a BlackBerry on display.
    04-09-17 08:44 AM