I made the move to BlackBerry in April this year from an Evo to a 8530 Curve that was given to me because I wanted to try out BB before the 9930 came out. I absolutely loved it and have been all in from hour 1. I have since bought a PlayBook and a 9930 that I am koo-koo over!
    The functionality of the 8530 quickly converted my mom from a Windows 6. phone to a 9780 and is now waiting for a 9930 @Att and she just picked up the PlayBook yesterday and hasn't put it down. I jumped on a 9930 a couple days before the release by nagging my Sprint guy as I could not wait any longer. My 17 yr.old little sister just got a 9850 that blows up non-stop with lights and all kinds of tones and now my 11 yr.old lil bro is dying for a new BB.
    With all that being said, I believe RIM Is doing an amazing job at building products that are bringing in new happy customers. Since the PlayBook release they have sold to my family alone: two OS7 phones, two PlayBooks, one OS6, and would be one more OS7 (if Att would step it up) and made a 11 yr.old start begging for a BlackBerry daily.
    I'm guessing I cant be the only one with this kind of experience. I would love to read some similar cases like this.
    09-30-11 11:50 AM
    Yep. Welcome to the club. My 12 year old brother is nagging for one too. Sadly.
    09-30-11 11:58 AM
    i had a blackberry for 2 years before i switched to android and i was thoroughly disappointed. everybody says blackberry is dying, but i'm going to be with them to the end. i have the 9850 now and as much as i hated touch screens before i am absolutely IN LOVE with this phone!!
    recompile likes this.
    09-30-11 12:04 PM
    Yep. Welcome to the club. My 12 year old brother is nagging for one too. Sadly.
    Thanks, I'm glad to see the really young kids appreciate an almost non-advertised product.
    09-30-11 01:31 PM
    i had a blackberry for 2 years before i switched to android and i was thoroughly disappointed. everybody says blackberry is dying, but i'm going to be with them to the end. i have the 9850 now and as much as i hated touch screens before i am absolutely IN LOVE with this phone!!
    Android almost got us with their big spec. numbers and "open" operating system. The whole phone seemed like a gimick to me. What has happened to good graphic PSP's and Gameboy's those were real handheld games.
    09-30-11 01:38 PM
    I've had a BB for close to 4 years now, and I wouldn't trade it for another device if you paid for it. I've been lucky enough to get the opportunity to play around with some of the new Android devices as they come out, and while they're nice, I find myself bored after a few minutes of use. The same holds true for the iPhone, I just get bored with them, and they don't do what I want them to do. Glad that you found what you were looking for with BB.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 09-30-11 at 02:07 PM.
    09-30-11 02:03 PM
    My Curve 9330 is too slow for my use and I can't wait to upgrade to a new device. I would love to get a 9930 or possibly the future QNX devices.

Of course I've also been playing around with my friend's palm and I sorta like that one also.
    09-30-11 03:16 PM
    My Curve 9330 is too slow for my use and I can't wait to upgrade to a new device. I would love to get a 9930 or possibly the future QNX devices.

Of course I've also been playing around with my friend's palm and I sorta like that one also.
    the 9930 is really snappy and very efficient. Between the touch screen, optical pad, and that tasty keyboard, I feel so satisfied after each task it handles so smoothly. Its also a solid beauty IMO and I think a couple others would agree. Hope you get a chance to upgrade soon.
    10-02-11 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD