BlackBerry Z10 vs Apple iPhone 5 16 GB

They go through every category, guess who wins?
    Lehomer and anon(5624621) like this.
    01-30-13 05:07 PM
    z10

10 char
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 05:08 PM
    Absolutely Damnit i want mine now! Got my confirmation from Rogers today
    01-30-13 06:33 PM
    love how they pulled a positive quote from jonathan gellar. thatl **** him off!!!!!
    BergerKing and flyingsolid like this.
    01-30-13 06:36 PM
    so why all the negative reviews out there? is it cause USA peeps are pissed about the late release? or not as many apps as iOS or they expected something revolutionary or just pissed that the presentation was lame?

since i ditched my 9900 ive been through, iPhone 4, 4s, 5 / GS3, GN2
    currently using the GN2, i love it but its on kijiji right now cause im itching to get back to blackberry!
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 06:45 PM
    so why all the negative reviews out there? is it cause USA peeps are pissed about the late release? or not as many apps as iOS or they expected something revolutionary or just pissed that the presentation was lame?

since i ditched my 9900 ive been through, iPhone 4, 4s, 5 / GS3, GN2
    currently using the GN2, i love it but its on kijiji right now cause im itching to get back to blackberry!
    nothing to do with the march date. these reviews were written before that was announced today.

They formed an opinion about the brand and they are mad they were wrong
    01-30-13 06:51 PM
    nothing to do with the march date. these reviews were written before that was announced today.

ahh gotcha!
    01-30-13 07:00 PM

Wrong about what exactly?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing and mikeo007 like this.
    01-30-13 07:01 PM

Many of these techbloggers didnt even think RIM would still be alive in 2013. RIP RIM etc. Now they are releasing a very good smartphone on a very good brand new OS and it just proves them wrong. Its funny, the non techsites like New York Times and WSJ are praising the phone but the techsites, particularly the hipster ones like Verge are panning it. We shall see who wins.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 07:27 PM
    Many of these techbloggers didnt even think RIM would still be alive in 2013. RIP RIM etc. Now they are releasing a very good smartphone on a very good brand new OS and it just proves them wrong. Its funny, the non techsites like New York Times and WSJ are praising the phone but the techsites, particularly the hipster ones like Verge are panning it. We shall see who wins.
    I didn't realize that New York Times and WSJ did tech accredited tech reviews..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 07:38 PM
    I didn't realize that New York Times and WSJ did tech accredited tech reviews..

I think whether they are "accredited" or not is much less relevant than the fact that readership of NYT and WSJ is presumably much larger than that of The Verge or BGR.
    HollyWOOD1906 likes this.
    01-30-13 07:56 PM
    The difference between The Verge and other sites like NYT and WSJ are that they actually put the phone under the microscope and cover things these outlets just simply dont. Besides a 7 isn't panned, its a pretty good score for a product that has some flaws.

Personally i'm waiting on the Anandtech review anyways they actually go IN DEPTH with the device, with specs and benchmarking with hard cold indisputable numbers, and deep comparisons of how it actually stands up.
    01-30-13 07:59 PM
    Well that just shows how good BB10 is, the only departments IOS won was lighter,slimmer,higher review and more apps. BB10 is not even a day old and already has 10% the amount of apps that 6 year IOS have .It has not been in that much hands to get the GREAT review it deserve (but believe me, it will) . I don't see the advantage of being few mm slimmer and few grams lighter in an every day situation. DO YOU?

BB10. It is here and I am loving it.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-30-13 08:09 PM
    I don't know how the Z10 won in popularity, I am a BlackBerry fan and all but we all know iDevices are more popular currently.
    01-30-13 08:22 PM
    I don't know how the Z10 won in popularity, I am a BlackBerry fan and all but we all know iDevices are more popular currently.
    iPhone is on a downward trend, and BB is on an upward one.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-30-13 08:44 PM
    Well that just shows how good BB10 is, the only departments IOS won was lighter,slimmer,higher review and more apps. BB10 is not even a day old and already has 10% the amount of apps that 6 year IOS have .It has not been in that much hands to get the GREAT review it deserve (but believe me, it will) . I don't see the advantage of being few mm slimmer and few grams lighter in an every day situation. DO YOU?

BB10. It is here and I am loving it.
    To be technical the it should have won the processor as well, as the dual core A6 whips all up on the quad core S4 found in the Z10 (LTE version i hear is sporting it) and Nexus 4, and its memory bandwidth helps it pull far ahead with even less RAM than both those devices. Not even the dual core Exynos 5 1.7ghz Cortex A15 can outmuscle the A6 or A6x (iPad chip), which easily bests the S4, the chip is just a monster.

Dont put your faith in numbers, all the reviews so far have shown its a pretty good phone with solid footing unlike the much maligned Playbook. Even though i know for a fact it isnt going to win at the performance game, if the OS is snappy (reviews say it is) and they can get GOOD SOLID APPS it stands a good chance.

Now just from watching all the reviews and previews i'd say the new OS doesnt look very user friendly to those who aren't tech savvy (hint there are billions and billions of them) and relies far too heavily on gestures which in turn makes it far more complicated of a device to "just work". I use gestures all the time on my iPad and on OS X trackpad, but they are there to help usability and for speed...BlackBerry like WebOS is designed around it and i just dont think its going to pan well if your everyday user has to fiddle with a ton of gestures to get what you need
    01-30-13 08:53 PM

Wrong that it is not looking good.

Unless you think its not? So do you like the look of blackberry 10? anything positive to say for once?

Time or move on to another mobile nations site maybe? Its been revealed if you have no positive interest in blackberry 10 now you never will, why are you still here after hundreds of negative comments? You been sticking around saying negative comments and saying will wait to launch to decide. well its here.
    buwee likes this.
    01-30-13 09:21 PM
    love how they pulled a positive quote from jonathan gellar. thatl **** him off!!!!!
    He's the BGR guy right? But then who's the boy genius? Or does BGR mean Buy Great Reviews? Sorry I just don't see why he matters?
    01-30-13 09:33 PM
    He's the BGR guy right? But then who's the boy genius? Or does BGR mean Buy Great Reviews? Sorry I just don't see why he matters?
    they are one in the same. BGR = boy genius = jonathan gellar.

he doesnt matter to me. the phone seems to be what i need. interesting to see him viciously attempt to keeping his predictable spin on a seemingly great product
    01-30-13 09:36 PM
    Yeah, I was just poking some fun, not seeing a genius, just a hired gun.
    01-30-13 09:46 PM
    Wrong that it is not looking good.

Unless you think its not? So do you like the look of blackberry 10? anything positive to say for once?

Time or move on to another mobile nations site maybe? Its been revealed if you have no positive interest in blackberry 10 now you never will, why are you still here after hundreds of negative comments? You been sticking around saying negative comments and saying will wait to launch to decide. well its here.
    Actually I won't get a chance to play with the phone until Feb 5. Unlike you.. I am a sheep to no platform.. And because I raise concerns about how something functions (or doesn't) hardly makes me negative. But thanks for your concern..

bobauckland and mikeo007 like this.
    01-30-13 09:49 PM
    I have to wait till f***ing late march until I can get mine! This is such bull
    01-30-13 09:50 PM
    That's because all those fools care about is hardware and apps
    01-30-13 09:52 PM
    Actually I won't get a chance to play with the phone until Feb 5. Unlike you.. I am a sheep to no platform.. And because I raise concerns about how something functions (or doesn't) hardly makes me negative. But thanks for your concern..

what are you going to do if you play with it on feb 5 and you dont like it? nothing positive to say about os7 and older, nothing positive about os10.
    01-30-13 09:59 PM
    The fact that the Z10 has SO MANY MORE positives then the iPhone5 yet it still beats it by only 2 point shows how hard the author tried to give Apple the nod.

The advantages are 15:5 for the Z10, to me it's actually 15:3 as "Thinner & Lighter" pretty much goes under the Smaller umbrella.

Seriously, the iPhone5 is smoked. All it has is Apps, but that's how it's always been, and that gap is ever closing.
    01-30-13 10:09 PM
54 123