Hi all. Ok, this happens pretty frequently and is quite annoying. There are times when I have all my bars, plus the little 1X and EV symbols on my curve, but when I try to get online it never actually connects/loads. The phone will work without a problem, but the internet based stuff just will not work. This goes for any address typed into the browser, trying to update Viigo stories, or trying to send Twitterberry messages. I have found that powering the phone off and then on again seems to remedy the problem, but there has to be something else going on. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Jay
    12-10-08 06:58 AM
    Jay, have you looked at your free device memory? This may or may not be related. I would recommend you optimize your device memory, there's a link in my signature. I hope this helps you!
    12-10-08 07:11 AM
    I had a similar problem, I called verizon and they sent some over the air service books, and my PIN was messed up some how in the system. Give verizon a call, it may help.
    12-10-08 09:20 PM
    I had the same issue I think... Full service and EVDO coverage but when I started the browser the BlackBerry splashscreen would come up and stay there, even when the status bar was complete. I did a battery pull and have yet to have the same problem again. That was about two weeks ago.

If you were just powering off/powering on, try pulling the battery out and waiting a few seconds, then put it back in. May save you a call to CS.

I have learned the battery pull seems to be (almost) a cure all for the Curve, which is nice.
    12-10-08 09:37 PM
    I have learned the battery pull seems to be (almost) a cure all for the Curve, which is nice.
    Forgot! Whats worse is I do it everyday...
    12-10-08 09:58 PM
    For the 8330, instead of physically pulling out the battery, you can do the same reset, by pressing these keys at the same time:

- alt
    - R shift
    - del

It will reboot your device, free up memory and fix many of the issues that a battery pull would fix.

Best of luck!
    12-10-08 10:22 PM
    HA! Thanks joe, never knew that, it seems to boot MUCH faster that way too.
    12-10-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD