Set at Hot browser. I do get the provider listed but no check mark. I get the - mark. How to set this to be able to browse and get email specially when roaming.

Thanks. Help from anyone.
    08-02-09 09:08 PM
    On the top of your screen, does it say "provider-hotspot name"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 09:18 PM
    On the top of your screen, does it say "provider-hotspot name"?

Yes. For example I was at the mall where they have apple store. I set up apple and it had apple at the top.
    08-02-09 09:36 PM
    Is the wifi symbol greyed out or solid white?

08-02-09 09:43 PM
    Is the wifi symbol greyed out or solid white?

Besides wifi, I had the open provider. that is Apple. On the right side there is a dash in white. No green check mark. At home I can access internet.

At the mall I cannot get internet although the wifi is free.
    08-02-09 09:50 PM
    It may be free, but does the mall have any sort of key or password required for the internet to work?
    08-02-09 09:52 PM
    Yes, most public wifi places make you agree to a contract before using the wifi

08-02-09 10:02 PM
    It may be free, but does the mall have any sort of key or password required for the internet to work?
    well at the hotel I am staying, it is the same thing free wifi. I cannot get access on my bold. But on my laptop, I agree on the terms of service, then I can browse on my laptop.

I guess my question is, you guys can browse using wifi at the mall? I am only wanting this to avoid roaming charge when visiting USA. I am from canada.

Thanks.
    08-02-09 10:02 PM
    Not sure what could be your problem. My Bold has had no problems at McDonalds or our city's free downtown WiFi.

08-02-09 11:10 PM
    Did you try going to a website? When I connect to Wifi at my school I have to select it from the list them open the browser and go to any webpage. It then automatically redirects me to the "access page" for my schools wifi. I click on yup and voila im online.
    08-02-09 11:17 PM
    Did you try going to a website? When I connect to Wifi at my school I have to select it from the list them open the browser and go to any webpage. It then automatically redirects me to the "access page" for my schools wifi. I click on yup and voila im online.
    +1
    Some wifi connections require you to open your browser and when you try to go to any URL it will redirect to their proxy/login website. It might ask you to enter your email address or just an "I agree" button. Nearly all hotels have this implemented on their wireless network.
    08-02-09 11:25 PM
    Somewhere in setting up WiFi there is the option to sign into hotspot which is the equivalent of agreeing to the terms of service of the hotspot provider. I just forgot how to get to it lol.

08-02-09 11:45 PM
    +2

When we're at the hotel, we have to enter the hotels username and password in the website that comes up when you open a browser. The same is true for a laptop as a BB. Try that.
    08-03-09 12:03 AM
    Somewhere in setting up WiFi there is the option to sign into hotspot which is the equivalent of agreeing to the terms of service of the hotspot provider. I just forgot how to get to it lol.

I will give it a try looking for it. Thanks.
    08-03-09 08:25 AM
    Sometimes, opening your browser should automatically direct you to the webpage where you can agree to the terms and conditions to get free access. You may have to try several times with your browser.

08-03-09 08:30 AM
    It hit nd miss. I did manage to get it once, working. I had one instance where I got to the service agreement. I tried to click on the "I acccept" It did not do it, looks like the "I accept" was grey out.
    08-03-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD