My Blackberry Curve (Verizon) is 6 months old. Last night, the keypad, scroll pad, and ALL of the buttons randomly stopped working. At first I thought the device was off and just would not turn back on, but it's definitely on. I took the battery out (there is no water damage - the battery has the solid red strip and the device's water sticker is still white) and put it back in. The device started loading up, it went to my normal home screen (background and all) and the screen instantly went black. The device is still on because I am still receiving email and text messages on it. Plus, I had a friend call the phone; it rang, the screen lit up but nothing happened when I pressed the send or end button.

Basically, the phone is turned on with all unresponsive keys and buttons. I also thought that maybe my phone maybe was permanently locked...a couple of my friends (I was at a birthday party) were messing with my phone and were unsuccessfully guessing my password. However, they didn't go over the ten guesses so I don't see that being the issue. I also thought that maybe there was some type of water damage (it was raining and I was on a screened in porch) but it was either in my hand, or in my pocket away from water. Plus, the moisture stickers are fine. I'm going to the Verizon store tomorrow to see what the issue is but until then, does anyone know what might be wrong with it?
    Last edited by npm90; 06-14-09 at 03:37 AM.
    06-14-09 03:23 AM
    I actually had that happen to my Verizon 8330 as well. A battery pull fixed it for me, however. I'm not sure what it could be for you, sorry. If you fiure out anything, just let us know!
    06-14-09 03:44 AM
    I've had that problem before. I took back in to my provider and the handset had to be replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 06:47 AM
    Hmm....weird. Like ten minutes ago I was about to go to the Verizon store to get the phone fixed and it's randomly working again. I knew that Blackberrys can be finicky at times but this is just plain weird.
    06-14-09 03:27 PM
    I would get it replaced. It could happen again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD